robbery advice

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Kick the toy gun out of kid's hand. If you are an adult male and haven't trained yourself to fight more than one person kid at a time, even if one is armed...then start training now.

Our lives really aren't that valuable...fuck it, sometimes you just gotta DEAL!

Things were going so well in this thread. Please stop drinking and posting.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Kick the toy gun out of kid's hand. If you are an adult male and haven't trained yourself to fight more than one person kid at a time, even if one is armed...then start training now.

Soulstrut needs to toughen up already...and not just with the keypad. I'll teach courses if need be.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    DON'T BE SCARED OF KIDS WITH GUNS: GOT IT.

[ODub] /Thread [/Odub]

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    Soulstrut needs to toughen up already...and not just with the keypad. I'll teach courses if need be.

oy vey.

do you even believe any of the crap you type?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Kick the toy gun out of kid's hand. If you are an adult male and haven't trained yourself to fight more than one <s>person</s> kid at a time, even if one is armed...then start training now.

poast a demonstration video.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Assclown, whatever, I'm sick of seeing you post absurd shit in every. single. thread. You need a reality check, dude.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Assclown, whatever, I'm sick of seeing you post absurd shit in every. single. thread. You need a reality check, dude.

Dude, be careful....he has the 'Guardians of the neighborhood' watching his back.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

And the discussion starts with him knowing it was a bb gun[/b] and asking if he should persue pressing charges.

Again, you really only read what you want to...

button Said:

So, long story short:

- I was held up on the streets over the weekend
    - Cops were called
    - Robber kids MIGHT have seen me talking to the police
    - Robber kids caught shortly afterwards, with a (beebee) gun and some of my property[/b]
    - Cops now want me to try and make photo IDs or "they can't charge them" with anything.

Nowhere does it say he knew. Look at those pictures I posted. Would YOU? Would you take a chance of getting shot by 2 or 3 "kids" (ie. teens) with guns? Be real dude.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    Harvey,

You are assuming that the "toy" bb gun was distinguishable from the real deal. I can tell you from experience that there are water pistols out there that will thread a MAC-10 suppressor, they are that realistic.

The OP could not distinguish that the gun was not indeed a gun. He was definitely shook by the experience.

Frankly I don't know many folk that are going to train in Krav Maga and have the presence of mind to take on multiple foes (with at least one seemingly armed with a gun).

Conversely, little dudes run the chance of crossing the wrong person who is armed and who would be completely justified in killing them. If someone pointed one of the BB guns Day posted above at a cop here in Portland, they would likely be dead. If I carried and one those were pointed at me, I would assume it was real and act accordingly. But I don't carry nor am I trained in close quarters combat. So, I would be the OP, shook.

This all gets off point. You profess to be a self-sufficient badass and would take care of business. Awesome for you. For those of us that rely on the rule of law, not so much.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

oy vey.

Street Tough Rule #1

If approached by a youth with a gun do NOT say Oy Vey!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I work at a facility that is pretty much a purgatory between jail(hell) and heaven(school). Judges send kids here to try and get straightened out and work out their problems with Drs and therapists. I can tell you a LARGE number of these kids are basically a result of EPIC fails at parenting. These kids have had no consequences growing up. I'm talking about kids as young as 12 wearing house arrest ankle braclets for thongs like attempting to kill their parents to arson. Ya ever had a 10 year old talk to you with words like "fuck you I'll kill your ass" because you asked them to sit down? If parents don't offer consequences then someone has to. 2 kids running around holding people up? They need consequences, plain and simple.
    DO NOT COUNT on patents doing a damn thing. You should hear a lot of the parents in family sessions, it is NEVER their kids fault. Call the cops, those kids ate trying to play "grown folk thug" , then treat them like a grown folk thug...the kids who become scared of consequences will turn around and straighten out...kids that have no fear will continue to do this type of thing. But let me stress, most of the time it is piss poor parenting.

oy vey.

Street Tough Rule #1

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Just got off the phone with the DA. turns out all four were caught, and confessed to mine and 3 other assaults that night. Two are adults but will be let go with probation most likely as they have no priors. The other two (one being the gunman) are juvys with no other records and will likely get off pretty light as well. DA made it sound like dumb kids trying to get their jollies after this prom party thing they were all at.

I don't think throwing people like this in jail will make them come out any better, but its strange thinking these dudes are gonna be roaming the streets agian in a matter of weeks or months.

Also, this wasn't a garden variety hold up either. They didn't approach me, ask for my shit and run off. It was real aggressive style. They pretty much ran up on me, went through all my pockets, knocked me to the ground and kicked me around for a minute so...

I work at a facility that is pretty much a purgatory between jail(hell) and heaven(school). Judges send kids here to try and get straightened out and work out their problems with Drs and therapists. I can tell you a LARGE number of these kids are basically a result of EPIC fails at parenting. These kids have had no consequences growing up. I'm talking about kids as young as 12 wearing house arrest ankle braclets for thongs like attempting to kill their parents to arson. Ya ever had a 10 year old talk to you with words like "fuck you I'll kill your ass" because you asked them to sit down? If parents don't offer consequences then someone has to. 2 kids running around holding people up? They need consequences, plain and simple.
    DO NOT COUNT on patents doing a damn thing. You should hear a lot of the parents in family sessions, it is NEVER their kids fault. Call the cops, those kids ate trying to play "grown folk thug" , then treat them like a grown folk thug...the kids who become scared of consequences will turn around and straighten out...kids that have no fear will continue to do this type of thing. But let me stress, most of the time it is piss poor parenting.

^^^This^^^

The only folks who want their kids raised by a "village" are those who don't want to do it themselves.

Sure, you can learn from folks other than your parents but if that basic support/effort isn't there the kid's are likely going to fail in life.

You have to pass a test to drive a car but any damn fool can reproduce.

Harvey,

You are assuming that the "toy" bb gun was distinguishable from the real deal. I can tell you from experience that there are water pistols out there that will thread a MAC-10 suppressor, they are that realistic.

The OP could not distinguish that the gun was not indeed a gun. He was definitely shook by the experience.

Frankly I don't know many folk that are going to train in Krav Maga and have the presence of mind to take on multiple foes (with at least one seemingly armed with a gun).

Conversely, little dudes run the chance of crossing the wrong person who is armed and who would be completely justified in killing them. If someone pointed one of the BB guns Day posted above at a cop here in Portland, they would likely be dead. If I carried and one those were pointed at me, I would assume it was real and act accordingly. But I don't carry nor am I trained in close quarters combat. So, I would be the OP, shook.

This all gets off point. You profess to be a self-sufficient badass and would take care of business. Awesome for you. For those of us that rely on the rule of law, not so much.

Anyone who has taken any actual self-defense, martial arts, whatever, knows the first rule is RUN. If that option is off the table, hand over your goods and get outta there asap.

All this useless blather from Harvey really offends the hell outta me because I had a good friend of mine shot at point blank range 3 times in the abdomen by 3 'kids' right outside his front door back in '93 or so. He did everything right, handed over his wallet, stayed calm, did not give them any trouble. They shot him for no reason with the intention of killing him (they didn't, he survived and luckily is fully recovered). Tell him that he should have known how to fend them off, or that they were Mama's little darlings acting up. Whenever I think of it I only hope they met as sad an end as they hoped for him, or if not, that it is still on it's way.

oy vey.

Street Tough Rule #1

Is that Schmooliman??

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Just got off the phone with the DA. turns out all four were caught, and confessed to mine and 3 other assaults that night. Two are adults but will be let go with probation most likely as they have no priors. The other two (one being the gunman) are juvys with no other records and will likely get off pretty light as well. DA made it sound like dumb kids trying to get their jollies after this prom party thing they were all at.

I don't think throwing people like this in jail will make them come out any better, but its strange thinking these dudes are gonna be roaming the streets agian in a matter of weeks or months.

Also, this wasn't a garden variety hold up either. They didn't approach me, ask for my shit and run off. It was real aggressive style. They pretty much ran up on me, went through all my pockets, knocked me to the ground and kicked me around for a minute so...

That sounds awful and sorry to hear that happened to you. Glad to hear that you didn't get hurt.

Hopefully somehow this will make them learn and stop it from happening again.

pffft...if harvey were there he would have caught the bullets in his teeth. then he would have gone down to the village elders and asked the guy who cuts the lawns to dole out justice in some folksy "it takes a village" king solomon type of way.

pffft...if harvey were there he would have caught the bullets in his teeth. then he would have gone down to the village elders and asked the guy who cuts the lawns to dole out justice in some folksy "it takes a village" king solomon type of way.

"Now, son.....put that gun away. No one is dying here today in MY 'hood. How do you think your mother would feel about this?"

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I am sorry to hear that, I am glad you are not hurt.

They should not just walk, community service at the very least.
    This is the part where the village needs to step the f up and not just go through the motions but do some meaningful prevention work.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

More or less...glad y'all are finally seeing me.

But naw dude, sorry Button to hear you got blindsided and roughed up like that. And no further points from me, just sorry to hear that happened to you.

• Even if it were a toy gun, the three of them could have beat the shit out of him regardless.. which could have ended up even worse.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    stalk them for months and kill them in their sleep.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

poast a demonstration video.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    lulz

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    More about the Harveyschoolofhowtobeatoffnumerousyoungmensimultaneously please.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I sincerely believe SS would be a far more boring place without Harvey around