Ask Big Stacks!

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    No, I know how to use the ap - problem is the file itself is over 50 minutes and (as I learned a while back) the ap only emails stuff under the 8 minute mark or so.

I tried syncing it to my computer, and at least was able to play the file in itunes, but couldn't drag it onto my desktop or even into my main mp3 library.

So that's where I'm at with it, if anyone wants to up any helpful tips.

You're using an iPhone & a Mac right?

You could try this - http://www.imtoo.com/ipod-computer-transfer-mac.html

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    "I came here tonight to get the party started, cold act ill and get retarded."

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Mr. Big Stacks sir:

Lately I've felt the need to convince my missus that a threesome would be the thing to do to heighten our marital experience. In the past my wife has always rejected these suggestions with serious repugnace and sometimes profanity laced tirades. To my surprise, last week she finally agreed! ("Just to shut your ass up", she spat). Her one condition was that she pick the third participant. I said fine, as long as she's hottttt (elbows included) and definitely female. Wifey said cool. Yesterday she finally revealed her choice for this menage- it would be me, her and the Lyn Christopher record. I was stunned but also extremely stoked.
    Now, my question isn't whether I should go through with this or not- it's going to happen. My question is exactly how do I have sex with the Lyn Christopher record? It doesn't seem possible, but I want to try. I know a man of your education, experience and infinite wisdom will have all the answers I need. Thanks in advance.

Peace,
    Phill from Philladelphia

wow. now i know that i am not big stacks and this question was not addressed to me. but i have a definite proclivity toward thinking fondly about ms. christopher. first off, i appreciate your wife's appreciation of the aforementioned cashmere sweater wearing female. second, i have been giving your dilemma MUCH thought.

after much consideration, here is my suggestion...
    cut appropriate sized hole in lynn's carboard face...preferably slightly above chin, centered on face, under nose. politely ask wife to hold and stand behind finished arts and crafts project. then, depending on mood, await inspiration.

i am not married, but i have already cut out my own lynn christopher cover in anticipation.

good records is always a severe check on sobriety!!!
    did extra P tip back the JD??

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Looks like they were having a good time....do a soulstrut reunion

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    a really stupidly long way of doing it could be to play it in your itunes & record it into audacity via the internal stereo mix option, then save the audacity file as a mp3. only if you run out of options though.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I can't even figure out how to get this shit off my phone.

Transcription may have to suffice...

If you transcribe it by hand, it will take forever, unless you type really fast. I remember spending 2 hours transcribing a 15 minute piece.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

If you transcribe it by hand, it will take forever, unless you type really fast. I remember spending 2 hours transcribing a 15 minute piece.

well, he does have the luxury of being able to quote the posts with questions and only need to type in the answers.

... but I do wanna hear Big Stacks for real!

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

well, he does have the luxury of being able to quote the posts with questions and only need to type in the answers.

... but I do wanna hear Big Stacks for real!

Transcribing sucks. get an intern.

get an intern.

MyLatency may be able to recommend a staffing service.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Batmon, how much thought do you put into your outfits?

I'm always trying to put together the "fit" that will go with Kobes....but I can never really imagine the fly shit..Gimme tips.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

I'm always trying to put together the "fit" that will go with Kobes....but I can never really imagine the fly shit..Gimme tips.

Tip number one - Don't wear Kobes! LOL

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    hahaa

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Tip number one - Don't wear Kobes! All Escada Everything LOL

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

WTF BATMON![/b]

You're always repping the most outlandish, day-glow, OTT-with-bells-and-whistles Nikes on the Strut, and I see a pic of you in the flesh and you've got some fucking plain white tennis shoes on?

I'm seriously under-whelmed. I was expecting different coloured Jordan moonboots on each foot.

Must try harder

I was rockin some adidas Ice Pack Stan Smith's and was the Flyest mutha in there.

I was gonna say. They look pretty crisp to me.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    A bit late in the day, but Stacks I would like to know what's your favourite track on Jethro Tull's Heavy Horses album, and did you ever make sense of the lyrics to 'Acres Wild'?

Thanks

Hey Skel,

My favorite song off of the "Heavy Horses" LP is "Journeyman" (with "Weathercock" following at a close 2nd). I always thought the lyrics of "Acres Wild" was talking about Wales, given the geographical references made in the song. I could be wrong, though, but it's a great song.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    What a total complete nerd fest. Too bad I missed out!!!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    What a total complete nerd fest. Too bad I missed out!!!

Hey Dee,

Only "cool dudes" were allowed to attend. You know how I get down! Before I retired from the mack game, I was a 'bad mutha'. Don't let the fat fool you.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Hey,

How is the Food Game in New Jerz. Have you found the spots?

Big Batmon from the Souf BX

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

WTF BATMON![/b]

You're always repping the most outlandish, day-glow, OTT-with-bells-and-whistles Nikes on the Strut, and I see a pic of you in the flesh and you've got some fucking plain white tennis shoes on?

I'm seriously under-whelmed. I was expecting different coloured Jordan moonboots on each foot.

Must try harder

I was rockin some adidas Ice Pack Stan Smith's and was the Flyest mutha in there.

They're alright, just not the space-boots I see in the Jordans thread.
    However, is that a soft purple/lilac collar & green cap homage to the Joker, or does my screen resolution deceive me?
    Dedication.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Hey Stacks,

regarding 'Acres Wild', it seems unlikely it is about Wales.

Firstly, Wales is not an island (although some of us Angles wish it were) - it is physically connected to Britain. On the other hand, Offa's Dyke does afford a semblance of credence to your theory.

Secondly, there is no 'winged' association with Wales - with the caveat that the Welsh symbol is the winged dragon.

Thirdly, whilst Wales is in the West (from Ian Anderson's point of view), it would certainly not be northern, unless of course he was sitting in Spain or thereabouts when he wrote it.

So perhaps your idea is on a life support machine rather than alive and kicking.

Having trawled the nets (but avoided delving as far as Tull fan-sites) I can find no other clue.

Am prepared to believe it speaks of any of the following possibilities:

Isle of Man
    One of the larger Hebridean islands to the north west of Scotland.

But surely we will not rest easy until daylight shines upon the truth.

Tullists to speak on it.

skel said:
    Hey Stacks,

Firstly, Wales is not an island (although some of us Angles wish it were) - it is physically connected to Britain. On the other hand, Offa's Dyke does afford a semblance of credence to your theory.

Secondly, there is no 'winged' association with Wales - with the caveat that the Welsh symbol is the winged dragon.

Thirdly, whilst Wales is in the West (from Ian Anderson's point of view), it would certainly not be northern, unless of course he was sitting in Spain or thereabouts when he wrote it.

So perhaps your idea is on a life support machine rather than alive and kicking.

Having trawled the nets (but avoided delving as far as Tull fan-sites) I can find no other clue.

Isle of Man

Tullists to speak on it.

Take that shit to the Brits Thread

DocMcCoy said:

WTF BATMON![/b]

Must try harder

They're alright, just not the space-boots I see in the Jordans thread.
    However, is that a soft purple/lilac collar & green cap homage to the Joker, or does my screen resolution deceive me?
    Dedication.

Nah - Green/Pink. The Joker is Purple/Green

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    skel said:
    Hey Stacks,

Isle of Man

Tullists to speak on it.

It could be the Isle Of Skye, Ian Anderson lives (lived?) there.

I know 'cos I saw his house.

• still waiting with baited breath for the "ask big stacks" interview...

• maldorurrmaldorurr 120 Posts
    skel said:
    Hey Stacks,

Isle of Man

Tullists to speak on it.

Allow me to reach into my chubby-kid prog-dork past and put forward my view at the time, which was that "Acres Wild" was more or less about the regeneration of stagnant British city life by Ian Anderson's propensity for rustic bonin'.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    YES

Isle of Skye and general inner city miasma are top candidates. thanks for the input.

@ ASK BATMON FOX

How do you feel about the world outside of NY, NY?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    skel said:
    How do you feel about the world outside of NY, NY?
    more encouraged every day