Ask Big Stacks!

Comments

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    not the nudes though

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    not the nudes though

Hey man, you got to keep that on the down low. Half gallon of Jack Daniel's and a wheelchair half pipe. All good.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Slight delay in posting the audio... I'm having a hard time transferring the voice memo file off my iphone (I believe I can do this on my home comp later this evening).

stay tuned.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    oh man- I want pics and I want them NOW

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I look forward to hearing Mr. Stacks' answers to our questions. Maybe I won't be such an airhead after the Big Enlightenment.

Was at Good Records again earlier tonight after dinner with the fam in Chelsea. Jonny, King Most and my dude Amir in the house. Drank more Jack Daniel's then hit the Spinna Wonderful party. Good Records is great. Do not miss the store if you roll through NYC.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Hello? Anybody home?

Hello? Anybody home?

I'll get the pics up tonight.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I'm kinda missed that I missed out on this.

Audio is gonna take a minute. First time recording shit on the iphone rendered much of it a little rugged.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Audio is gonna take a minute. First time recording shit on the iphone rendered much of it a little rugged.

Transcript would do.

A trip to Good Records NYC is always a good time. Jonny is a great host and you never know what music you will find or who else will show up at the shop. We had a Soulstrut get together on Friday night 5/14/2010 and it was total comedy as usual! Jonny was playing some JOINTS! He has a new mix he played that is bananas. He also hit us with top-secret beats and a couple really ill albums that none of us had ever seen before. The second Wood, Brass and Steel album on Sugar Hill! NEVER seen that album. Big Stacks dropped the knowledge and Large Pro even stopped in for a minute!!!!! We drank a half gallon of Jack Daniel?s and lots of beer. Seattle and San Diego were reppin? the West Coast. It was a crazy fun night.

Simigwa album. The cat in Africa that sent Johnny the album also included the painting he did of the cover on the left!

Jonny and Delay love the cover!

Johnny interviewing Big Stacks reading the ?Ask Big Stacks? questions off the Strut.

The hommie Batmon in deep concentration. Stacks was hittin? Batmon with so much knowledge that Batmon needed a double Jack Daniel?s and a beer just to get on the level! LOL

Large Pro was in the building!!!!!!!!!!!

BC & Large Pro

Stacks and Large Pro

POSSE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L to R: Batmon, Under The Radar, Jonny Paychecks, Garcia Vega, Big Chan, Big Stacks, Dr. Delay, Facesd

You KNOW we had to go to Katz?s and get pastrami sandwiches after all that drinking!!!!!!!!!!!

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Looks like y'all had a great time! I look forward to the audio; I'm sure it'll give me some laughs.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    A bit late in the day, but Stacks I would like to know what's your favourite track on Jethro Tull's Heavy Horses album, and did you ever make sense of the lyrics to 'Acres Wild'?

Thanks

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Looks like an awesome time, Good Records is definitely a place people need to go when in NYC.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    audio...audio.......audio.......audio

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This is the best thread I've seen on here in a minute.

Big Stacks!!! Big Stacks!!! Big Stacks!!!

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Mr Paychecks you are on the clock for that audio!!!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    This looks like it was a blast!!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

WTF BATMON![/b]

You're always repping the most outlandish, day-glow, OTT-with-bells-and-whistles Nikes on the Strut, and I see a pic of you in the flesh and you've got some fucking plain white tennis shoes on?

I'm seriously under-whelmed. I was expecting different coloured Jordan moonboots on each foot.

Must try harder

Looks like a cool evening.

I can't even figure out how to get this shit off my phone.

Transcription may have to suffice...

What up D**ny!!!!!!

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    I can't even figure out how to get this shit off my phone.

Transcription may have to suffice...

did you use the default voice memo app? if so, there's a button to the right of the fake level indicator--silver button with three lines. click that, it should show you all the voice memos you recorded. if you click on one you should be able to share it via email and send it to yourself.

No, I know how to use the ap - problem is the file itself is over 50 minutes and (as I learned a while back) the ap only emails stuff under the 8 minute mark or so.

I tried syncing it to my computer, and at least was able to play the file in itunes, but couldn't drag it onto my desktop or even into my main mp3 library.

So that's where I'm at with it, if anyone wants to up any helpful tips.

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts

What up D**ny!!!!!!

Big Chan!!!! What's Good? I heard you hit that Hotel Rivington jawn late on Sunday. I was there but left around 9pm. Really good time...great music, great crowd.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    No, I know how to use the ap - problem is the file itself is over 50 minutes and (as I learned a while back) the ap only emails stuff under the 8 minute mark or so.

I tried syncing it to my computer, and at least was able to play the file in itunes, but couldn't drag it onto my desktop or even into my main mp3 library.

So that's where I'm at with it, if anyone wants to up any helpful tips.

ah.

bugger.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

WTF BATMON![/b]

You're always repping the most outlandish, day-glow, OTT-with-bells-and-whistles Nikes on the Strut, and I see a pic of you in the flesh and you've got some fucking plain white tennis shoes on?

I'm seriously under-whelmed. I was expecting different coloured Jordan moonboots on each foot.

Must try harder

I was rockin some adidas Ice Pack Stan Smith's and was the Flyest mutha in there.

the funniest shit about those pics is Roberto in the background. Holmes was blotto!

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    When is 'Berto not blotto?