• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    yupp

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Only rap album that matters this year

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Copped both albums.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

lmfao @ the keep it rill rap nazi who rides for e40 - the turkey of johnny come late west coast leftovers

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ha ha ...ha

smh

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    His last album was a little flat, I'm looking forward to some redemption. Gonna cop these soon.

• breadwinnerbreadwinner 535 Posts

UUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    His last album was a little flat, I'm looking forward to some redemption

Yup, have to agree. I got both of the new ones and haven't listened to them yet. But I love "The Server"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    server is cool but there are some wayyy better tracks on this thing

this is better than ghetto report card, never mind ball street journal

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Good to hear. Also I think Ghetto Report Card didn't hold up over repeated listens.

• breadwinnerbreadwinner 535 Posts
    server is cool but there are some wayyy better tracks on this thing

His son KILLS it on:

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I prefer "Ghetto Report Card" to this. Way, waaay too many tracks on this one. I know that a million cameos is de rigeur these days, but I'd love to hear an entire album of just 40.

I prefer "Ghetto Report Card" to this.

^^^WAS HEARD TO LAMENT LACK OF AKON CAMEOS ON LATEST RELEASE; "HE'S NOT T-PAININ' ENOUGH!"

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    ^^^^FEELS THAT JAZZE PHU-PHIZZLE AND BOBBY V REALLY "COMPLETE THE CONCEPTUAL ARC."

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Not convinced in the need to split it across two releases but that's par for the course these days and to be fair there's probably less filler over these two albums than on his last album's single disc. Music within is great anyway and still digesting a lot of it.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts

LOL

peace,xavier

Upon first listen, it's a bit much. I'll have to let it marinate a bit. I'm thinking I could probably make one really good album out of the two by creating a playlist of my favorites after a while. It's definitely better than the last album, though.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    What about Big Boi?

LOL

peace,xavier

Name another

What about Big Boi?

Not out

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    So you mean, the only album that matters currently out? You did say of the year, and i'm sure there are releases that are on the verge of release that will cause us all to forget about this one.

Not Out Yet But Will 'Matter" More Than E40:

Jeezy album
    Kanye Album
    T.I Album
    Big Boi

Albums/mix tapes Out Now that crush this E40 album:

Jeezy Mixtape
    Scarface mixtape
    Freeway and Jake One album and the mixtape
    Roc Marciano album

Peace,xavier

So you mean, the only album that matters currently out? You did say of the year, and i'm sure there are releases that are on the verge of release that will cause us all to forget about this one.

Not Out Yet But Will 'Matter" More Than E40:

Jeezy album
    Kanye Album
    T.I Album
    Big Boi

This is rap

I wouldn't be surprised if none of those even come out this year

You definitely can't count them until they do

If the song "Insane" on the Jeeezy mixtape is any indication of what we might hear on the next album, I'm goign to be excited about that one. Shawty Redd should just produce exclusively for Jeezy and Jeezy should rap exclusively over Redd's beats.

TI always has too many softbatch songs on his albums. He may have some great songs, but I haven't found any of his full albums to be great since Trap Muzik.

Big Boi should be good, I'm not a Kanye fan, and Scarface should be good if his new mixtape is any indication.

I have not been a Freeway fan but I respect his abilities. I am trying to come around to liking the dude's raps, and I think I need to get that Jake One album since Jake's beats can help make anybody sound good.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    I still beleive that the Marciano and Freeway are head and shoulders above the E40 album, not that im hatting either, the E40's good, just not all that great.

And I know what you're saying, i just hope the T.I and Kanye albums make it out this year.

peace,xavier

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    TI always has too many softbatch songs on his albums. He may have some great songs, but I haven't found any of his full albums to be great since Trap Muzik.

Really? Even "King"?

peace,xavier

"Live in the Sky"
    "Why You Wanna"
    "Stand Up Guy"
    "Goodlife"
    "Hello"

=

All ghey.

However, most of the other songs on that album are some of TI's best material.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    If the song "Insane" on the Jeeezy mixtape is any indication of what we might hear on the next album, I'm goign to be excited about that one. Shawty Redd should just produce exclusively for Jeezy and Jeezy should rap exclusively over Redd's beats.

Isn't Redd locked up? Or has he need been to trial yet?

I stopped at KING. I'm hoping he may bring it again next time based on the recent leaks, but I don't think there's any way he's not going to keep doing weakass crossover cuts based on the success he's experienced...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    you shouldnt have stopped at king.

but i doubt his new record will touch the e-40

lol @ the idea that the jeezy tape is touching e-40
    & lmao @ kanye album. who that actually listens to rap thinks thats gonna be a good record

& lmao @ kanye album. who that actually listens to rap thinks thats gonna be a good record

I do

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah I bet you the Kanye record comes out and is a banger.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    you shouldnt have stopped at king.

I already know there are good songs on those other records but some of the shittiest pop songs of the past few years are on them too, so I'm in no hurry. I have plenty of T.I. as is.