(My) Boston Record Swap - 5/23 - ROLL CALL!

Comments

• deanosoundsdeanosounds 181 Posts
    holy schitt - we made today's print edition of the Boston Herald !
    just a little local paper with a circulation of over 200,000 ...

Good ole Michael Marotta! Somehow I don't think he'll find that Suede 12"

• analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
    holy schitt - we made today's print edition of the Boston Herald !
    just a little local paper with a circulation of over 200,000 ...

the online piece is pretty dull but the print version not only used that
    write-up, but posted a pic of my flyer, pinched from Facebook!

not bad for a little yard sale among friends

this may help boost attendance even higher ...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    FINAL bump - this starts in 8 hours!

I'm finally prepared, the yard is cleared, hundreds of records priced and
    ready to go out ... and just got my trade boxes straight:

ANYBODY within driving distance of this that is not coming is CRAZY and hates records and fun.

and now, to bed. with gripp fever dreams through the night, I'm sure

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Hope this is going well. I had to do my radio show....missing out yet again.

Gripp Gripp Gripp

pj

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Dude i can not even begin to explain the heat that was pulled at this thing. I made a lot of money and walked away w/ a couple grails and cheaper heat. Got a care package of random rap 12's from the one DB Cooper (where were you last year? i felt like we didn't talk at all) dude is seriously one of the funniest, nicest people ever, and his hair really is something special, photos don't do it justice (lol).

Dan brought the heat as always, Brett paid a visit and sold some stuff, i feel like it was old times seeing you dude, i was transported back to 03' today talking to you.

Mark, what can i say, you're seriously with out a doubt THAT DUDE. You alow us to set up and make lots of dough and ask us for nothing in return, record karma will treat you well forever.

Wayne the brain, the most charismatic record dealer ever, was there, if anyone goes to cheapos on sundays he's the loud funny ass dude behind the counter, he's super generous w/ info and records.

Will, never change..........you're someone i consider a good friend/person, they don't make them like you anymore.

peace,xavier

• analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
    left with 3 hundo and some nice trades

record karma will treat you well forever.

I'd call it INSTANT KARMA, based on the records I walk away from this swap with:

whoa. our swap is some very real shit.

and now for the painfully unflattering photos:

the man AxeFoley and his better half T**i brought me this big ol' bottle of Anchor Steam.
    me and Axe were on some side-by-side action, and I have to give HUGE thanks
    to him for dealing with my BS while I was wandering around looking for records!
    (among a million other things that I need to thank him for - this may be "my"
    swap but Ke**h worked as hard as me for it, if not harder. Eternal respect.)

crime DOES pay, however:

my homie Dana with his indie rock CD-heavy table, dude pulled down over $700 with his grind.
    lurking on the left is Bre*t/Spivy, who came up from NYC and set up in the shade.
    in back you see #1 daddy Lambert, holding up just a very small sample of his seemingly
    endless supply of incredible records. Besides hooking everyone else up with records
    that blew their minds and made their day, D*n actually fufilled my number one want
    (mock it as Wall of Fame '95, I don't care - I have wanted a nice og of it FOREVER,) the Hell's Belles OST.

... which can be seen here:

that's DB Cooper's hair on the left, big DJ Will on some crazy pointing-pic tactics,
    me looking like my face is literally melting with the Les Baxter, D*n Lambert sneaking in the back,
    and Mi*e Analog_Tape repping some moder gospel gold.

I'm pissed, I had a picture of Xavier but I think the girl that took the money knot
    photo deleted it ... ? Frustrating but big shout out to Xavier for making the almost
    surprise appearance and bringing his usual unbelieveable bag of trades, holy moley.
    Good luck to you & your lady this week, Xavier - you are a true dude and I'm really glad you made it.

gotta shout Brother Wayne, who was on the scene in many ways, all-45's and running game, the good man
    Kitchen Knight with a cameo, the good brother Asaf, Tim Marsman, Eddy, Jessy, dude in the porkpie that wasn't feeling my trades and left me wanting Lindval Thompson , my girl Stacy, Tess, Joanie, the Biz, Coz ...
    ... oh man someone get the WRAP IT UP BOX

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    DB Cooper's hair

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    African Dub Chapter 2! So, so good.

Looks like a lotta fun. Who says all Bostonians are assholes?

Wait, I've probably said that. Guess I was wrong?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Awwww shit Sound Of The Villa!
    Willie holler at Lambert if you don't already have it (private MA lounge funk related).
    Damn I wish I went.

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    Ohhhhh shit did I trade you all those records lol?!? analog_tape: sorry about the mike kirkland, u saw me- I was delirious:) I'll make it up to you.

M*rk thx so much for being the host with most, you're one of the good guys homie.

I didn't put 2&2 together and introduce myself to a couple of you guys that post here, my bad. The swap was off the hook, thanks to everybody I sold to or traded with. Looking forward to the next one already.

uh oh did my floss blow the spot?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Damn, looks like fun, dudes!

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Thesda on Thesda action was had!!!!

haze25 is all the way in the left hand corner, then the one, spivvy, and myslef

You know, in ragrds to the new thread title, it would've been great to have those guys there (Cosmo where were ya?) but honestly, I don't think another person would've fit on that lawn

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Pablo, the sounds of the villa is actually mine, if you're inetersted you have a gospel raer i could use, lol.

peace,xavier

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I didn't think Thesda was all that. I sold my copy. But now wanting it again...

where was I when all this Thesda action was going on??

haha, seriously, the one thing that bummed me out about this year's
    swap was that I really didn't get to kick it with you dudes much
    at all ... there was so much selling going on, we barely got it together
    to work our trades out before dudes starting jetting. And, one-by-one, all
    you dudes left before it was "over" and I ended up last guy there trying
    to get the final "customer" to make up his mind and be out so I could clean
    up, and then I just went to the Galway and had a steak dinner solo.

I do wish we could have had the post-swap hang for real, I felt like I
    never even talked to most of you except for a minute or two.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Any photos???

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Dude, i swear the only people i talked to were Spivy and DB Cooper and once in a while Will and Dan, thats it.

peace,xavier

Any photos???

uh ... BESIDES the 5 or 6 from the swap and 8 or 9 of finds already posted in this thread??

I do wish we could have had the post-swap hang for real, I felt like I
    never even talked to most of you except for a minute or two.

Yeah, that was real cool last time, at the Galway, I think? I had a little cousin who was already waiting teary eyed to get pick up from me. Hence why I ducked out so quick... and left my crate at your place!

I was bummed about that because all the stuff I traded for was in there, so the only thing I had when I got back home was cold unfeeling money in my hand and nothing to play.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    I didn't think Thesda was all that. I sold my copy. But now wanting it again...

daaaamn...thesda is the shit.

anyone know where all the copies came from a couple years ago?

wes tried contacting musicians in '99 but they basically told him to go fuck himself

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Any photos???

uh ... BESIDES the 5 or 6 from the swap and 8 or 9 of finds already posted in this thread??

I see'em now. They didn't load before when I was scrolling, Smart Ass!! LOL

BTW, to folks, the Love Thy Neighbor & Sound of The Villa are NOT my copies. Please to send all pms and general holleration at haze25. Thanks

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    whatsup with those records? i dont know them.

lounge braek raer

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Sound Of The Villa.... has a version of "Long Train Running" that's kind of cool. Cheesy record though.

"Love Thy Neighbor" is chill, I think Xavier might have a spare of that one... Dixieland jazz with one dope Headhunters-esque jazz-funk cut.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Sound Of The Villa.... has a version of "Long Train Running" that's kind of cool..... as well as a nice break plus one track that starts out sounding like a blaxploitation chase theme and then breaks into a 3 minute drum solo (no breaks). And anyone interested is urged to break out there 1000 dollars raer to trade.

peace,xavier

Dixieland jazz with one dope Headhunters-esque jazz-funk cut.

haha - things like this always blow my mind.

like there was one guy in the band that had to be appeased.