(My) Boston Record Swap - 5/23 - ROLL CALL!

13»

Comments

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Yeah....I missed out again.... Had Bili Sparrow from Original Black Sheep of the Family on my radio show promoting his new unreleased 45. But would have loved to make it.

No reid, wayne or Funke? Sean was on an ill fated whale watch. I hung with him for the Lost finale.

Anyway, I still got stuff I wanna trade. A few decent 45s and I am sorting my 90s indie hip hop. Looking to do a big purge. 2 Expedits to 1 type deal.

pj

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    m*rk... you're the man for hosting this. i had a blast. next time i'll grab some beer the night before so i don't have to make a noon blanchards run (which felt like a mile away with heavy gripping and slanging going on).

db cooper... you're the man for hitting everyone off with some sealed dead stock rap gold. i owe you a record to bake bread to for real.

lambert... holy shit man. crazy records... thesda, cortex etc like whoa! cool yapping with ya.

xavier... one of the nicest dudes in the record game. great catching up man... like old times with solid trades to boot. the god's trombones record is just bugged. good luck this week with the wifey and congrats brother.

analog tape and dj wilderness... didn't get a chance to yap much but you both seem like stand up gentlemen.

so glad i made the trip up and will definitely be back next year. soulstrut in the real world is a friendlier place to be.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    My dudes! This year was a blast as always, although the mention in the Herald must have quadrupled the number of grippeurs. You sellers must have made bank, and I almost regret foisting my sales stock and chud off on a poor, unsuspecting 17-year-old mere weeks before.

W*** and B**** ? great to meet you gents! As always, Strutters in teh real world are even better than on teh interwebs. X***** ? you are THAT dude! Great to chop it up with you We'll have to to it again soon, and I desire to somehow acquire that Impala Syndrome (if you didn't already trade it for other heat ) D** and M*** ? so crazy I feel like we barely had a chance to hang. Let's make it up with that Deep Ellum run with the dude G*****. G***** ? always good to commiserate. The first one's on me. And AxeFoley ? I totally didn't realize that was you set up next to M***. Crazy. We'll have to get up one of these days.

All in all, a smashing success. Let's do it again in August

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    foisting my chud on an unsuspecting 17-year-old