Who's selling this?

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    pulling a caper for the ages

Definitely stealing that one.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    The MOVES lp has literally one of the b-boy breaks on it.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    here you go day

i found a copy for cheap in one of my first times hitting up a spot...
    it has a cover of shaft
    :czech:

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Totally crazy but somehow, not surprising.

Hmm...I've always liked having both "Moves" and "Jazz In Focus" but...

• gpekgpek 2 Posts
    here you go day

it has a cover of shaft

To clarify, is this from "on the road"?

I have this on 45 and the flip is a real up tempo break face. I always wondered if it was on a full length.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    yes it's the opening (and only good) track on on the road

• breadwinnerbreadwinner 535 Posts
    Not on popsike=never been on eBay!!!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Called it.

Anybody want to send me wav's of the breaks please don't hesitate.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I've come to realize that no matter how long the breaks are or how many of them there are, these joints are pretty much the same snares, kicks, etc. Since I got my first Hoctor record, Luigi: Jazz Class, 7 yrs ago I've had close to 20 different ones. The only one that sounded a bit different was Jazz Class with Bob Audy. It actually has some rimshot type snares and is still one of my favorites. I usually find the Hoctor records at thrift shops for $1. I did dish out $50 for a Luigi once a few yrs ago and was pretty disappointed. The breaks were short, 1-2 bars, and they sounded similar to the others. It seems that these are just trophy records. I say if you buy one for actually sample use; get it, sample it, then flip it. You ain't rockin no parties with the the help Hoctor.

I get these albums to practice my jazzdancing to.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Not on popsike=never been on eBay!!!

For real - the only reason I even knew about it was from Josh B. I luckily scored a cheap copy a few years back and have patiently waited to see it pop up on the low. Still hasn't happened.

That said...$500+?

Jesusfuckingchrist.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    here you go day

it has a cover of shaft

I have this on 45 and the flip is a real up tempo break face. I always wondered if it was on a full length.

What up G*e*! I think you were actually the one who put me onto Hoctor through that 45. I remember you were with me when I pulled a copy of Jazz in Focus at Mark's BITD, too.

Anybody else thinking about flipping their copy?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I thought this was my favorite record on hoctor.

Until I got the one with "planet rock"

yes i am serious. gotta get to the end for the state by state shoutouts

HQ 320 MP3:

http://homepage.mac.com/spelunk/hoctorplanetrock.mp3

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

HQ 320 MP3:

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    oh my

HQ 320 MP3:

I'm pissed they didn't shout out every country on earth!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    here you go day

it has a cover of shaft

What up G*e*! I think you were actually the one who put me onto Hoctor through that 45. I remember you were with me when I pulled a copy of Jazz in Focus at Mark's BITD, too.

Anybody else thinking about flipping their copy?

having seen how much on the road went for recently
    i am pondering
    itz just breakzyo

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    There's a pretty decent version of Black Belt Jones on Hoctor 45 too.

6-7 years ago any of these LPs could be had for relatively cheap (although I never liked the Luigi LP), the 45s too. Again, I wonder what's fueling this upsurgence in demand for these titles?

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    Hoctor titles aside...this is one of the most amazing Ebay lots I've seen in ages...amazing

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    5 bills gets my copy right now. #plaesebelieveit

What's funny is that B's copy still has a couple days left to go and it's already at $560.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    It's gotta suck to be the dude that has the highest bid and now this one pops up for "buy it now" and $100 cheaper.

It's gotta suck to be the dude that has the highest bid and now this one pops up for "buy it now" and $100 cheaper.

I was having a convo about this subject yesterday as a matter of fact: people don't actually check for BIN's as much as you might think they would. And if they do, there's some psychological shit about getting involved in an auction when it's still cheap that lures folks in and makes them splash top coin. Yes, even if there is a (slightly) cheaper BIN available.

If the for auction copy of this record has 125+ watchers, there's probably a number of folks who would drop $$$ on this LP who haven't seen the BIN listing. No turnin back now!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I didn't even see Oliver posted another auction. Crazy.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    He still has time to retract his bid.

He still has time to retract his bid.

But he has to be prepared to face the seller's wrath: http://waxidermy.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=25496&start=0

Plenty of demand for this to stay a $500+ record, almost regardless of how many copies change hands. From the bidders and questions this is not some marcofunk phenomenon, it's something that had a lot of loud whispers and people sweating copies for years before the first copy sold online.