Argentina whats good

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
I am down here in Patagonia for a few. Buenos Aires on Saturday for a couple weeks.I thought there was an Argentina or BA thread on here a couple weeks back but I couldnt find it.Any reccomendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    damn, so many but i forgot all the names.....
    the best steaks you get on the outskirts of BA, but not too far outside the city centre, after about 25km, there?s some crazy gheddo! as an alternate, the italian immigrants serve great pasta dishes too...
    for records, best check the sunday morning flea markets, lots of wax but mostly crap, though you can still find some nice ones too..
    also there?s a few stores in this big shopping complex, but don?t know the name anymore.
    also, try havanna alfajores, the best cakes on earth if you ask me and the gelati there is incredible too!!!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    thanks man.

so far its been lots of steaks and alfahores.

• best steak - las cabras (Fitz Roy 1795) or Caba?a Las Lilas in Puerto Madero

...but really steak is pretty much the bomb everywhere. wash it done with some Malbec wine.

Palermo Soho and Hollywood are the cool spots to wonder round in, as is San Telmo (the "old" area) and Recoleta (upscale).

Buenos Aires is easily one of the best cities I've visited.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Average pizza in BA is better than the average pizza in NYC. I'll leave it at that!

You only really need a couple of days to see the sights. San Telmo and Boca for example. The rest is just hanging out and pretending to be Italian. A good area to do that is called Palermo, which is sort of like a cross between the Mission and Tribeca.

If you have time, take the ferry to Colonia or Montevideo, both in Uruguay.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

If you have time, take the ferry to Colonia or Montevideo, both in Uruguay.

for sure gonna do this.

thanks guys.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Go to Montevideo. I thought Colonia was pretty much a tourist trap.

• If you have time head up North and see Iguacu falls on the border with Brazil. Breathtaking better seen from the Brazil side.

If you have time head up North and see Iguacu falls on the border with Brazil. Breathtaking better seen from both sides[/b] .

http://www.artfactoryba.com.ar/es/index.html

cheap & sweet place to stay in san telmo

Go to Montevideo. I thought Colonia was pretty much a tourist trap.

ha, oops, everyone in BA was telling us to go to Colonia and when we said we were going to Montevideo, they were like, uh ok then... But glad we went because MV was a really pleasant surprise, super chilled, mad records!

If you have time head up North and see Iguacu falls on the border with Brazil. Breathtaking better seen from both sides[/b] .

Went to Iguazu with a Brazilian and an Argentine and they both thought the falls only existed on their side of the border

See both sides.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Average pizza in BA is better than the average pizza in NYC. I'll leave it at that!

Truth.

http://www.atp.com.ar/post/Imagenes/156322/Las_10_mejores_pizzerias_de_Bs_As.html

I can vouch for a handful of these. Kentucky being my favorite.