break/sample mixes

2»

Comments

• I say post it. Just make a good mix and your job is done. Let people that want to check out good music hear it. Some people have kids, work to much, get sick, etc. If they just want to hear a song let them it may be the only thing they enjoy.

I one hundred percent get the let them find it digger attitude and can't be mad at it.

But personally I can't not let someone hear something they desperately want to hear. Someone in the middle of Wyoming or something probably doesn't have the best chance of finding a song. Maybe they get hit by a bus, car accident, cancer, before they find it. Just let them hear their song lol. End babbling rant......

• MrFingazMrFingaz 64 Posts
    I totally feel you. It's kinda hard to find time to dig when you got kids and all that.

But I must say, If it weren't for not having a track list, then there would be one BIG reason less to not dig. The fact that you've found that record that Primo or Pete Rock or Dilla sampled kind of gives you bragging rights. It's like "Oh shit... nobody knows about this shit but me and Primo!", you know?

BTW, Amir, you are definately one of my biggest diggin influences. I salute you!

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Me and my homie Forrest Getem Gump just had a looong convo about this shit. I say don't list a damn thing let this lazy mofo's get out there and dig. I hear that there is a new website were some cat list just about every break (even the super rare obscure shit) along with youtube pics and audio...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I hear that there is a new website where some cat list just about every break (even the super rare obscure shit) along with youtube pics and audio...
    He's just shedding light on obscure music.

• Options
    The amount of music out there is endless. I say post tracklistings.

• I say post it. Just make a good mix and your job is done. Let people that want to check out good music hear it. Some people have kids, work to much, get sick, etc. If they just want to hear a song let them it may be the only thing they enjoy.

I one hundred percent get the let them find it digger attitude and can't be mad at it.

But personally I can't not let someone hear something they desperately want to hear. Someone in the middle of Wyoming or something probably doesn't have the best chance of finding a song. Maybe they get hit by a bus, car accident, cancer, before they find it. Just let them hear their song lol. End babbling rant......
    I've thought the same way about it. I've been into digging since the 80's so I don't think Id be considered a casual listener. But there's been times where I desperately wanted to find out a song title because I loved it. I try to do the research before asking, but sometimes I end up having to ask peeps. And some cats have been mad cool about it, and others ignored me. But Im kinda in that 'health probs/no money' category, and just finding some record I wanted to hear has brought a lot of happiness to me over the years. Might sound corny, but it's the truth.

I had been thinking lately about some of the cats who have inspired me to step it up and helped me learn more. Some that come to mind are Soulman, Tripledouble, tECK, JKettle, Dante, & Paul Nice. Props to all y'all.

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    to me the soulman/conmen/muro/kon&amir etc mixes are in the same realm as the hip hop tracks they played the samples from...

would you expect to buy a hip hop album and have every sample listed?
    ie drums are this, loop is this, that noise at the intro is from this etc??

i mean, it would be nice and all.. but i dont think i would have gotten as into digging as i am if it wasnt for the mystery aspect of it all.. the rush you get when you finally find out what the sample is for that track you have wondered about for years and years

props to all those whose mixes i mentioned - definitely a big influence on me

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    track listings...popsike...collectors frenzy...lazy bastards

• wyzewayzwyzewayz 303 Posts
    many people asked for, and still ask for a track listing for the Trip Beyond album---- if it's a real head, asking about a track, I tell them anyways, but if it's an average listener, they don't need to know.
    The Trip Beyond! Another one I just appreciate for what it is.
    where can i buy a copy?

This shit is Really well done!

oh word---didn't know there were any copies left out there! thought they were all gone.
    its' up on my soundcloud as well....

i'll join in my co thanks: AEIOU 2 was real well done, just super tight, and got many listens for a couple years. I will pull it out now actually. Breakz 4 Days was also off the chain to me. still don't know the first beat that shit is bonkers....
    the aforementioned Muro Mix, the on track vol.6 was put together real nice. The Conmen mixes. the Soulman neva stop diggin and drugs ones.

none of which had track listings, all of which dope.

and how can I forget Signify and Dibbs cd's?

MIxed Messages was/is legendary! NO TRACK LISTING! killer, killer heat!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    There were a couple of mixes posted up here about two years or so ago, although they were a few years older than that. I don't remember the titles, but I think they were done by a couple of Dutch dudes, or maybe Belgians. They were good solid listens, too - all choice soundtracks, library joints, Euroman jazz and moody drama loops - and no tracklist neither.

• Breakz 4 Days was also off the chain to me. still don't know the first beat that shit is bonkers....

This track?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i loooooove that facedancer track. we need a thread about more powerpop like that. baaaaaaaaaddd assssss track. i listened to breaks4dayz about ten times last week. props to paul

Yes! word=====gonna go find that ish, now see, if I had a track list back then, i would have that joint, but, thanks to no track list, 2010 i'm still on the prowl and now get to go find that this week, and keep the record stores in the bizzzz.

hahaha theyre gonna look at you like "why the hell are you buying that bullshit??"

i love my older record dealer homies who cant understand my buying habits. "you have this glenn yarbrough record, wishbone ash, the soundtrack to halloween, 3 hiphop 12s and ahmad jamal? what is UP with you?"

many people asked for, and still ask for a track listing for the Trip Beyond album---- if it's a real head, asking about a track, I tell them anyways, but if it's an average listener, they don't need to know.
    The Trip Beyond! Another one I just appreciate for what it is.
    where can i buy a copy?

damn, i went through the ordering process, but $11.50 shipping for 2-4 week deliveries i just cant do. can i buy one directly from wyzewayz or support from a site with reasonable s/h?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Breakz 4 Days was also off the chain to me. still don't know the first beat that shit is bonkers....

This track?

I got like 6 copies of this joint. Anyone in need, pm me. Although, it is a pretty common record.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Trip Beyond, Mixed Messages, Turntable Scientifics, Soulman, On Track, Collected-Inspected-Injected, etc etc

none of which had track listings, all of which dope.

None of the classic breaks mixes with real heat had tracklistings, and with the work put into a good compositional mix (I'm talking 8tracking/spoken word/scratching/the whole shehbang), the point made earlier that it would be like a producer giving up his samples is very valid.

Also, from my own experience, you get more feedback w/out tracklists... and I'll take questions, because if somebody wants to know a track and is going to bother getting in touch, you bet they better be nice about it!

for anyone who does not have the The Trip Beyond, here you go should be a direct download: http://www.divshare.com/download/4902544-5fb

I had posted a free download link in the 'music you all' 2 years ago, but never put it in the 'crate diggin revealed thread' so alot of people that only read this forum might not have checked for it....

Gaff.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    thanks for this.