NFL 2010 Schedule Released/Draft Talk/News

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Lets not forget the Jets made it to the playoffs on a fluke.

Exactly. The Jets were really a 7-9 team who lucked out that their last two opponents essentially handed them wins. They will absolutely be a better team this year.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    I look at broader trends....

Hahaha, so you're predicting doom for the Colts too?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

The semi-realistic player I have in mind for NO waaay down at #32 because we are the WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS is OLB Sean Weatherspoon from Mizzou. Super dream pie-in-the-sky player would be Sergio Kindle.

Exactly my thought. Gotta replace Fujita.

• I look at broader trends....

No because their QB is infallible. In the Coach/QB combo, he is essentially both.

Rex is volatile and Sanchez could just be a suck-ass (he's only played two seasons of real football going back to college). They let go of their stud RB and picked up a possibly washed-up replacement. Braylon Edwards can't catch and Holmes could be a drug fiend. Super Bowl here we come!!!

I do like Dustin Keller and DAvid Harris, and their starting CBs are Elite level.

I look at broader trends....

No because their QB is infallible. In the Coach/QB combo, he is essentially both.

Rex is volatile and Sanchez could just be a suck-ass (he's only played two seasons of real football going back to college). They let go of their stud RB and picked up a possibly washed-up replacement. Braylon Edwards can't catch and Holmes could be a drug fiend. Super Bowl here we come!!!

I do like Dustin Keller and DAvid Harris, and their starting CBs are Elite level.

"Wake and bake" does not equate to "drug fiend"...cmon now.

Also, I think Shonn Greene will be just fine. Thomas Jones has had some great seasons but nobody really considers him to be a "stud".

• I look at broader trends....

"Wake and bake" does not equate to "drug fiend"...cmon now.

Also, I think Shonn Greene will be just fine. Thomas Jones has had some great seasons but nobody really considers him to be a "stud".

Drug fiend has a better effect. But yeah in those terms I"m drug fiending hard right about now....

You're right on #20. Scratch "stud" replace with "workhorse". Jones has really earned my respect with his longevity and consistent, quality play in the face of doubters.

Let's talk first round though.

Who do you want for your team?

GV: I hear rumblings Giants might go RB in the first.

This is a tough one because we have a few weaknesses. I wouldn't mind picking up another RB since Jacobs is getting spent. At the same time with Antonio Pierce no longer around and Boley's injuries, we need an OL. If Osi gets traded we need a defensive end. I don't really know who to go with for a first round pick. For sure second round we need someone for our aging o-line. I'll be ok with whomever we pick, Jerry Reese has been pretty good at drafting talent.

• And yes, Shonn Greene is a beast.

lolololol! Feelin this assesment. Plus they brought in Jets fan favorite Jason Taylor from the Dolphins!

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

lolololol! Feelin this assesment. Plus they brought in Jets fan favorite Jason Taylor from the Dolphins!

I have my concerns about some of the moves they made, but I'm not buying this assessment.

Sanchez played well in the playoffs, even players on the other teams said so. Ladanian isn't Jone's replacement, Shonn Greene is. OK, Braylon can't catch the damn ball, I agree with that. Holmes a drug fiend? Please.

I don't buy the 'fluke' argument either. Luck evens out over the course of the season and there's a good chance that some of those missed kicks were the result of pressure on the line. It's not a fluke when the #1 defense makes the playoffs.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Draft ramblings....

Bradford is the real deal....a once every 10-20 year QB.

Suh and McCoy are both All-Pro by 2012 if not sooner.

Whoever picks Spiller and be disappointed 2 years from now.

Colt McCoy = Bust.

Clausen = Star

Tebow > Geno Torretta and that's about it.

If you like T.O. you'll love Dez Bryant....if he doesn't go in the top 10 he'll have to take off his shoes to count that high.

Mid to Late 1st Round w/All-Pro potential = Mike Iupati & Sergio Kindle

Will be picked higher than projected - Earl Thomas

The surprise of the draft = Jerry Hughes

Most over rated white running back = Toby Gerhart

Draft ramblings....

Colt McCoy = Bust.

Clausen = Star

If you like T.O. you'll love Dez Bryant....if he doesn't go in the top 10 he'll have to take off his shoes to count that high.

Wow, I completely disagree with about 90% of what you just said.

• Draft ramblings....

WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??????

I was just about to post how retarded the Rams are to take SB over N Suh.

I'd flipflop Colt and Clausen. Clausen is Leinhart. The take is his teammates won't go to war for him. Colt could be sub-Brees level.

It's hard to appraise Big12 QBs coming into the pros because of the way they run the offenses in that conference.

I'm in on Tearbow. Him and Jesus will make it happen.

• I was talking to Scott Zolak yesterday (yes, journeyman backup QB related) and he does know a thing or two about playing QB...

Anyway, he thought Tebow was going to be a disaster unless he goes to the PERFECT place, because he's going to have to relearn how to play football. Not just his release, but how he reads defenses, reacts in certain situations, etc. So much of his mentality - and how he reads teams - is based on his athleticism and running and that needs to change. He'll not only need a team and coaches that can help him, but some time to make that happen.

One of his best points was to compare him to a guy like Matt Cassel. As he said, Cassel obviously had zero experience at USC, but he had enough of the tools and makeup to let the Pats risk a low draft pick on him. And, basically, they could say to him: "Just follow Tom Brady. Everywhere he goes, follow him." And, it worked... Tebow is going to be a much more intense project.

Draft ramblings....

Colt McCoy = Bust.

Clausen = Star

Best thing about it is it will still be here 3 years from now for you to say "I told ya so".

I was talking to Scott Zolak yesterday

Oh, hey Gareth ? looks like you dropped a name over there. Theeeeeerrre you go. Go ahead and tuck that safely back in your pocket, buddy.

I was talking to Scott Zolak yesterday (yes, journeyman backup QB related) and he does know a thing or two about playing QB...

Anyway, he thought Tebow was going to be a disaster unless he goes to the PERFECT place, because he's going to have to relearn how to play football. Not just his release, but how he reads defenses, reacts in certain situations, etc. So much of his mentality - and how he reads teams - is based on his athleticism and running and that needs to change. He'll not only need a team and coaches that can help him, but some time to make that happen.

Vince Young has proven this view false IMO. Vince had much success right out the gate as a scrambling-style, proven-winner-doing-whatever-it-takes type qb and then he got stifled being forced to "relearn' his position...only to return doing it somewhere in between -> with much success.

I don't think it's wise to turn the likes of Tebow, VY, Dennis Dixon, Michael Vick into Dan Fouts/Dan Marino clones. Either a team wants a different type of qb or they don't. But having these dudes maximize their NFL potential doesn't have to mean undoing what actually works best for them on a football field.

• I was talking to Scott Zolak yesterday

Oh, hey Gareth ? looks like you dropped a name over there. Theeeeeerrre you go. Go ahead and tuck that safely back in your pocket, buddy.

I see you winking, so you must have remembered the name I dropped was....

SCOTT. ZOLAK.

• I was talking to Scott Zolak yesterday (yes, journeyman backup QB related) and he does know a thing or two about playing QB...

Vince Young has proven this view false IMO. Vince had much success right out the gate as a scrambling-style, proven-winner-doing-whatever-it-takes type qb and then he got stifled being forced to "relearn' his position...only to return doing it somewhere in between -> with much success.

I don't think it's wise to turn the likes of Tebow, VY, Dennis Dixon, Michael Vick into Dan Fouts/Dan Marino clones. Either a team wants a different type of qb or they don't. But having these dudes maximize their NFL potential doesn't have to mean undoing what actually works best for them on a football field.

True, but that gets in to how much of a beating you want your quarterback to take, which I think is a valid question regarding a run/scramble type QB.

Zo also took particular exception to how he read the field, and questioned his overall decision making, but that is something I don't know enough to speak on. He did say- and I think this is fair- that running in the NFL won't cover up the mistakes that it could in the SEC.

I was talking to Scott Zolak yesterday

I see you winking, so you must have remembered the name I dropped was....

SCOTT. ZOLAK.

I bet Zo is sitting in an office somewhere, lurking on Soulstrut, with a single tear rolling down his cheek.

• Scott Zolak? Pffffft. He's no Hugh Millen.

If you are stuck on a computer this evening during the draft I highly recommend you listen to 1310 The Ticket and their live broadcast from NY.

The guy who heads it up, Norm Hitzges, is the most knowledgeable and outspoken dude I have ever heard do a draft....and even though he's based in Dallas he is by no means a "homer" and will call it exactly as he sees it.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Draft ramblings....

Colt McCoy = Bust.

Clausen = Star

When I find myself continually agreeing with Young Shied, I start to worry. Music and now this.

Draft ramblings....

Colt McCoy = Bust.

Clausen = Star

When I find myself continually agreeing with Young Shied, I start to worry. Music and now this.

Which ones do you disagree with and why??

Probably Tebow

Draft ramblings....

Bradford is the real deal....a once every 10-20 year QB.-->WAYYYY too fragile, not gonna happen. I would be SHOCKED if he lasts 5 years. [/b]

Suh and McCoy are both All-Pro by 2012 if not sooner.-->YES[/b]

Whoever picks Spiller and be disappointed 2 years from now.--> NO[/b]

Colt McCoy = Bust.-->POSSIBLY[/b]

Clausen = Star--> NO. I watched every ND game, I'm just not buying it.
    [/b]
    Tebow > Geno Torretta and that's about it.-->Tebow could be something, but most likely will not. The deck is very stacked against him and his throwing motion is not good. He's not gonna be a "slash" like Kordell Stewart and he's not gonna be a tight end. He's either gonna be a sometimes quarterback and work out his bad habits, or he's gonna fail and be out quickly. What he has going for him is that he's fast AND can knock people over, as well as having many "intangibles." If he's utilized in some run and gun spread offense look, perhaps he could learn through that scheme how to be an NFL quarterback, but I'm just doubtful. Too bad too, seems like a good dude. [/b]

If you like T.O. you'll love Dez Bryant....if he doesn't go in the top 10 he'll have to take off his shoes to count that high.--> It doesn't take a genius to run and catch a ball. [/b]

Mid to Late 1st Round w/All-Pro potential = Mike Iupati & Sergio Kindle-->I don't know who these people are and I watch a buttload of college football[/b]

Will be picked higher than projected - Earl Thomas-->MAYBE
    [/b]
    The surprise of the draft = Jerry Hughes-->POSSIBLY[/b]

Most over rated white running back = Toby Gerhart-->I think he is getting a bum rap. He runs real hard and reminds me of Mike Alstott but quicker.[/b]

Which ones do you disagree with and why??

Probably Tebow

• Most over rated white running back = Toby Gerhart

Isn't Toby Gerhart the ONLY white running back?! I mean, there might be more, but he is probably the only one whose name has been tossed around. Who knows?! He reminds me a bit of Mike Alstott or even John Riggins. There'll be use of him in the league somewhere.

This video makes me sick to my stomach.

Mid to Late 1st Round w/All-Pro potential = Mike Iupati & Sergio Kindle-->I don't know who these people are and I watch a buttload of college football[/b]

Both 1st round picks and you never heard of them.

I'm not mad you disagree with me then.

I looked them up, I knew who they were, I just had -0- name recognition. Sergio Kindle will be good, but who cares about O Linemen, that's not sexy draft talk.