Steak Dinner Related

analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
How many of you won't eat meat. Listen sometimes you just have to treat yourself to a steak dinner. I could survive on grilled veggies, fruit, and pasta for only so long.

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I hear you. I wasn't eating red meat or pork until I met my wife 10 yrs ago. She's Filipino and believe me, if you're married to a Filipino it's hard to stay away from red meat & pork.

• are we talkin' filet mignon or are we talkin' sirloin, porter house, rib eye? what are we talkin' about?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    are we talkin' filet mignon or are we talkin' sirloin, porter house, rib eye? what are we talkin' about?

Cow

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I say go for the best of both worlds....

• not steak per se but... i f*cking RIDE for beef ribs.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    fave steak dinner is a proper Steak Florentine in Tuscany...BTW a proper serving is 1 kilo...

runner up state side has to be the 16 oz. garlic encrusted rib-eye from Margies in Fort Worth...also

• I say go for the best of both worlds....

this shit right here is making me hungry.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    not steak per se but... i f*cking RIDE for beef ribs.

You ever hit up Awash, on Pico by Fairfax? Ethiopian joint with the PROPER beef ribs.

• i have been here. but when i eat ethiopian i have to have the kitfo a side of ayib, some gomen then i wash it all down with Tej. this is just how it always ends up. have not tried the beef ribs but must now.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I eat red meat.....I figure it's going to cut 4-5 years off my life.

I drink alcohol.....I figure it's going to cut 4-5 years off my life.

I smoke dope......I figure it's gonna knock 4-5 years off my life.

I ask myself all the time if I'd like to live without those things for even just those additional 15 years....and the answer is always no.

• I eat red meat.....I figure it's going to cut 4-5 years off my life.

I ask my self all the time if I'd like to live without those things for even just those additional 15 years....and the answer is always no.

i like the way you think.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    i have been here. but when i eat ethiopian i have to have the kitfo a side of ayib, some gomen then i wash it all down with Tej. this is just how it always ends up. have not tried the beef ribs but must now.

Charred gold.

• i have been here. but when i eat ethiopian i have to have the kitfo a side of ayib, some gomen then i wash it all down with Tej. this is just how it always ends up. have not tried the beef ribs but must now.

Charred gold.

i have a feeling i know how those ribs you speak of are prepared. back in the day (late '80s) there was an ethiopian spot called pico broiler over there at pico and hauser. big ass beef ribs charred to perfection and so fucking tender. i miss that place.

• Tell me pulled pork is not the shit? my lady will throw that ish in the crock pot before we leave for work, come home like eight hours later. The bomb pulled pork is waiting I'll get some nice bulky rolls, throw some butter on them and toss them in the toaster. Maybe to top it off i'll apply a little more BBQ sauce.

I dig Korean style as well...bulgogi, steak marinated in pear juice and then char broiled...

• Yo!

• I dig Korean style as well...bulgogi, steak marinated in pear juice and then char broiled...

see you had to go and talk about Korean bbq. now you just tryna make a motherf*cker hungry.

I dig Korean style as well...bulgogi, steak marinated in pear juice and then char broiled...

see you had to go and talk about Korean bbq. now you just tryna make a motherf*cker hungry.

Im fuckin myself up as well...Im starving, but its too late to eat, or at least whip something beefy up...just thinking ahead towards the inch and half thick rib eyes I have planned to grill up on my birffday next week...got a case of Modelo sitting here taunting me as well...

I WANT STEAK AND BEER NOW...but I will probably have to settle for banana bread...sigh

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    i had a steak tonite - chopped up and put into a wrap w/ tzatziki and avocado

• i had a steak tonite - chopped up and put into a wrap w/ tzatziki and avocado

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

I ask myself all the time if I'd like to live without those things for even just those additional 15 years....and the answer is always no.

My grandfather lived the same way until he died at the age of 88 (well, except for the dope, but then he did used to smoke unfiltered cigarettes).

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    A spot around here does a nice steak Montreal, with the heavy pepper rub.

I miss the Spanish restaurant Iruna in Harvard Sq. that closed a few years ago. It had opened in the 60's and was in an old apartment, with tables in the 4 rooms that had obviously once been bedrooms, living room, dining room.

Besides having the best sangria in the area, they served a simple thin succulent Spanish steak with parsley potatoes in garlic-lemon-butter sauce and a heady garlic soup on the side, all for like $12. Now I really miss it.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I'm a. flexitarian. I live a vegetarian lifestyle so when I do get that steak it tastes 5 times better. I get to enjoy steak and live longer (theoretically) than heavy meat eaters.

• MrFingazMrFingaz 64 Posts
    It's what's for breakfast.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts

i like all of them, I LOVE STEAK!

my favourite is bife de lomo (filet) in medium raw condition, slightly salted (quality salt) and idealy some Chimichurri, maybe some homemade potatoe fries and fresh tomatoes as sidedishes...

eversince i?ve been to argentina i have a very differnt appreciation for meat.
    People there is the Kings of the Parilla!!!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i just barbecued a t-bone with a pesto marinade and hollered at some chianti

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    yall like skirt steak aka BAVETTE

this french bistro near my crib has that game on le lock

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Skirt steak and flank steak are both great for things like steak tacos. Yum.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

My grandfather lived the same way until he died at the age of 88 (well, except for the dope, but then he did used to smoke unfiltered cigarettes).

My grandfather died at 98.....literally went blind from drinking bad moonshine when he was in his 30's.....chewed Beech-Nut leaf tobacco every day of his life since he was 10 years old....ate whatever he wanted and was never sick.

He had 11 siblings....two died young from TB....the other nine all made it to 90....3 of them over 100.....it's all about genetics.