Bruton Library

TripwireTripwire 4 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
Does anyone know if a complete discography exists ?, also does anyone else here collect'em ?.Great forum guys tonnes a great info, long time lurker.

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    whats considered the best ones??
    like the afrorock, bigbeats of the bruton world?

tripwire...the library cake is taken by the seattle soulstrut guy who got every library record on earth on craigslist for a hundred bucks. i forget his name but twoply probly knows. inspiring comeup

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    There are some solid Bruton joints for sure, but overall that stuff is better for sampling than listening in my opinion. I'll post a list later when I'm near the crates, but I'm sure someone will beat me to it....

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    whats considered the best ones??
    like the afrorock, bigbeats of the bruton world?

tripwire...the library cake is taken by the seattle soulstrut guy who got every library record on earth on craigslist for a hundred bucks. i forget his name but twoply probly knows. inspiring comeup

Mr. Jeigh in Portland, OR

Brian Bennet "Discovery" is a pretty good one.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    there is some decent listening in some of the early drama ones, i know of a few collectors around the place

• tripwire...the library cake is taken by the seattle soulstrut guy who got every library record on earth on craigslist for a hundred bucks. i forget his name but twoply probly knows. inspiring comeup

Lucky mother thats all i have to say, i have 100+ Brutons and trying to get a complete set....one day. If your selling any hit me up

• ArksArks 133 Posts

Bruton also released Discovery under the name 'Fantasia'.. in addition to a reissue as an artist album under the name 'Voyage'.

Are there any other Brutons that this happened for?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Not a collector of Bruton but it's certainly one of my favourite labels.

I need vols 15 and 16, holler!

Also on the lookout for BRG11 - "Way Ahead"

Like this one.

Any time I'm in the West End I'll take the kids on a detour down Bruton Street to pay a little homage at the building. They don't dig it but there's an ice cream in it for them and they must deal.

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts
    Does anyone know if a complete discography exists ?

There are Bruton catalogues out there. They turn up with collections sometimes. Someone on here or over at VG+ might have one.

Fantasia's the biggie.
    Web Of Intrigue / Investigator has some solid cop show funk cuts.
    Vibes has some nice tracks.

Modern Africa has a tracks from Osibisa.
    Some of the dramatic ones (the lilac ones) are very good.
    There's a whole slew of great (generally Eighties) electronic ones including some Francis Monkman LPs.
    There are all sorts of funky LPs that have a very distinct Bruton-ish sound like High Adventure / Speed Fever, some good jazz funk stuff; pretty interesting label.

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts

Bruton also released Discovery under the name 'Fantasia'.. in addition to a reissue as an artist album under the name 'Voyage'.

Are there any other Brutons that this happened for?

There are Bruton tracks on the 2nd Space 1999 LP. Plus a couple of b-sides (Monaco 'God Only Knows' and 'Return Of The Saint' b-sides are filched from Bruton LPs). Actually both of those tracks are on that Space 1999 LP ('Earthy' and 'Funko') too.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

Bingo

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    For all the good ones out there, there are awful ones. I got stacks of both. Right when you think you knew about all of them a new one will pop up that you've never seen. Overall, library records can take your ass broke, for real!!

• @Skel i have a complete set of the Bruton Jingles, i have noticed that the same songs appear on multiply Jingle records.

@Blighty, thanks heaps for that i will be keeping my eye out.

• Opps i forgot to add with he Bruton catalogues is it one complete catalogue for all the records or multiply books ?

• does anyone else have a copy of the Bruton Concert?
    its this one: