Invaders Spacing Out Spot the difference?

francozola0francozola0 129 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
I purchased a copy of this lp a few years ago presuming it was a bootleg cheaply. I know very good bootlegs of this record exist I have since seen several copies of this record exactly matching its description and having scoured past listings in Popsike for the answers and I am none the wiser. My copy has a paste on back in shrink which has a seal up the middle. Its thick dark cardboard with that aged odour the matrix is etched Duane 1011 A and Duane 1011 B in the deadwax.The label has Duane lp 1102 A and Duane 1102 B on the label and has the logo in the centre. There are two grooves in the A side of label and one on the B side. The logo on the top right of the sleeve says DUANE L.P. 1102.It looks identical to this one and this labelhttp://cgi.ebay.com/THE-INVADERS-SPACING...=item4aa043970cI know some other strutters have sold originals of this and wondered if they could come up with a definitive answer to this. Im sure there must have been a thread on this one before but I missed it. Thanks in advanced for any knowledge dropped.

Comments

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    It was about time this question popped up again. I think the original thread and one that i started a few years back was lost in the great thread crash. Unsearchable related.
    Im not near my copy of the record so i can't help you right now but Im sure someone can drop knowledge on this topic.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    I purchased a copy of this lp a few years ago presuming it was a bootleg cheaply. I know very good bootlegs of this record exist I have since seen several copies of this record exactly matching its description and having scoured past listings in Popsike for the answers and I am none the wiser.

My copy has a paste on back in shrink which has a seal up the middle. Its thick dark cardboard with that aged odour the matrix is etched Duane 1011 A and Duane 1011 B in the deadwax.

The label has Duane lp 1102 A and Duane 1102 B on the label and has the logo in the centre. There are two grooves in the A side of label and one on the B side. The logo on the top right of the sleeve says DUANE L.P. 1102.

It looks identical to this one and this label

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-INVADERS-SPACING...=item4aa043970c

I know some other strutters have sold originals of this and wondered if they could come up with a definitive answer to this. Im sure there must have been a thread on this one before but I missed it. Thanks in advanced for any knowledge dropped.

WOW.. Thats an expensive reissue, somebody threw away $490

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The label in that auction pic sure does look like a modern issue...

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    That's the first boot, you can tell by the topography of the label. Here is what the OG looks like:

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php?itemnr=4715865564

You can tell by the more defined 'ridge' that runs through the Duane logo. Also, the paper stock for the label is more of a matte finish.

The first boot is very similar, but this is the easiest way to tell them apart.

• Thanks Horseleech. I think you came up with the answers to my spot the difference question on the Mighty Ryeders lp as well. I think Ill just ask you in future. Nice one.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    I knew someone that realized they had the boot but only after they sold it for close to 800 about 7 yrs ago. Bad for the person that bought it off of Ebay.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I've seen the boot sell for $500+ several times on ebay.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Does anyone know how many originals were pressed?