Weekend Finds

Comments

• Good haul!! Is Bedazzled a keeper?

it could be had for the right trade...its mint or near mint. pm me...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Beat out my archrival leticia0524 for this one.

Sick! Never seen that one before. Any descargas on it?
    I'll let you know when I get it. I think it's all mozambique.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

the judy mayhan "just another dream" (and its reprise on the other side) is a great track!

new stuff from the last 2 weeks, including some strutter trades - thanks for those!

^^1st 'comic book' ive found with the comic book. what a disappointment, its just a folded insert. some regional nu-wave and 'thoughtful lounge' too. tennie komar is hideously nasty yet intriguing.

^^1st time ive found radio-active with the stickers. 1st time ive ever seen 'funky but' in person. is it rare compared to other young holts or something?

^^this sir douglas was a tired sounding disappointment. Pop Group rules (last poets app too). funny beatles boot.

^^ was hoping mumph was the good kind of orchestral pop but its not. soft machine 2 gatefold, i didnt know it came that way 1st.

^^yachts rules, has the limited 7" included, devo = canadian marble vinyl.

^^ all mint 1st press original owner. cool boots.

^^traded for colours and the day it showed up i found another copy in the field for 1st time ever. go figure.

^^raerz

^^mono with the "sticker" back = not often seen. banana a bit roughed up (heh) but clean vinyl.

^^going out with a goofy honkey bang. that laff character sleeve is cool. the flexis are cardboard backed euro postcards from the 60s. i dont know who most of them are.

• got a question for all those whose gone to the Night Owl record show,
    Is it worth the $15 to get in early? I went to this one and the place was crowded as shit, made it impossible to really look. Almost got Orquestra Zodiac for $15 though.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    mama there go that man again!

is that Remains as clean as it looks?

is it a dupe?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    got a question for all those whose gone to the Night Owl record show,
    Is it worth the $15 to get in early? I went to this one and the place was crowded as shit, made it impossible to really look. Almost got Orquestra Zodiac for $15 though.

Yes it's worth it.... although I didn't feel like it was that crowded, if a table was mobbed you just keep moving and come back later.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I did some shopping, replacing a lot of rinked stuff and/or common LPs shared with older bro as kind (who later sold his collection, doh!). Here are the highlights (I'll post pics later once I charge up my digital camera):

-"S/T"-Upp
    -"On the Case"-The SCLC Operation Breadbasket Orchestra and Choir
    -"'Nard"-Bernard Wright (replacement)
    -"Riding High"-Faze-O (replacement)
    -"Celebration"-El Chicano
    -"Winter in America"-Gil Scott-Heron/Brian Jackson (replacement)
    -"Children of Forever"-Stan Clarke
    -"In the Jungle, Babe"-The Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band
    -"S/T"-Quartz

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I really enjoy the Colours ("I Should Have Made You Love Me Last Night"), Soft Machine ("As Long as He Lies Perfectly Still"), Young-Holt joints ("Look of Love", I had to loop this back in the day), while the Chuck Rainey Coalition is a bit "so so". I might have to revisit it since I haven't played it in years, maybe I'll feel differently about it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• some finds from this week. "Metro Baby" is some pretty nice Danish jazzfunk. Probably gonna trade off that Amon D??l II along with "Carnival in Babylon" and some other stuff today..

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    simmon_jimmon, where are you located?

• Djean: check your pm's!

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    some finds from this week. "Metro Baby" is some pretty nice Danish jazzfunk. Probably gonna trade off that Amon D??l II along with "Carnival in Babylon" and some other stuff today..

Raer Toe!!

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    lil bike-ride tru town

toots's a holler

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

is it a dupe?

glad to know other folks have a tough as time finding clean copies of hometown records

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I can FINALLY check this off my want list.

mama there go that man again!

is it a dupe?

wish i could say it was a dupe - youre gonna kill me but its a mono and i only had a stereo... and i 'need' both.... and yes.... theyre both EX+..... sorry!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Djean: check your pm's!

I knew I knew you

All these finds pics are making me itch. But my racing bike is at the repair shop until next week + a current project is hogging all my weekend time until the beginning of May. Can't wait to mount the iron horse and hit the spring flea markets.

• Finally the weather over here is gettin nicer. Fleamarket finds & some stuff I got in trades

+ about 60 early to mid 90s House 12"

Sahib is the Reissue ...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

is it a dupe?

glad to know other folks have a tough as time finding clean copies of hometown records

getting pleasure from my failures yet again, huh?

• ilkkailkka 31 Posts
    Had a fun day today at a record fair:

And a few doubles:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i see a couple people caught "heaven right here on earth"...real nice record

some of the last two weeks highlights. jazzy bonanza:

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    i see a couple people caught "heaven right here on earth"...real nice record

some of the last two weeks highlights. jazzy bonanza:

Allow me to be the first to ask, is that Hells Bells an og and if so is it a keeper??

yes and no

holler at me bro

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

About time. Takes care of one of the top 5 wants.

• About time. Takes care of one of the top 5 wants.
    Lucky you! very nice record indeed.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Just made it to a Goodwill 15 mins before they closed and they had just put a gang of shit out on the floor.
    $16 for the whole haul. I don't how this woman came up with that price, but f**k it!