Weekend Finds

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

does anyone know if there is a 12" of "Cutie Pie"? Thats the kind of cut I love to have on 12".

It was released as a 12" and 12" promo.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I hope you didn't really pay $40 for "Flyin' Shoes"

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

Has Jacques Brel got any heat?

if you see this 45 les F
    or the lp with the same cover
    pick it up

and for the rest of the classic chanteurs
    leo ferre and jean ferrat have their

had this like 5 years ago, lp with the blue cloudy cover, guess i was a little too fast getting rid of it, seen it several times since btw..

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Trying to wade through a swag of 45s, but here are some LPs. Got onto a sweet Jazz LP collection, unfortunately a lot of them seem to be later presses, the 2 Blue Notes shown are original deep groove pressings, there were a lot more though which were all later 2nd presses without the deep groove. Left a bunch behind because I'm still trying to make my mind up about them. Lots more original Prestige etc, that sort of stuff. Bobby Taylor is a long time want & white label promo. New Sharon Jones is so good. Hall High is a pretty solid school jazz LP.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    ^^^^^
    That Ken McIntyre is

yeah, I'm seriously thinking I should stop being a dick & just go back today & buy saome more of the Prestige/New Jazz etc stuff.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    some of my New Jazz faves are Mal Waldron "The Quest" and Ron Carter "Where?"...recorded 2 days apart with practically the same line up...great stuff

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Holmes, what's the Rashied Ali like? Good?

You should go back for those BN's... always flippable.

Rashied Ali is great, free/spiritual like stuff from the early 70s with James Ulmer on guitar. The thing is with the Blue Notes, I wouldn't be flipping them, so for my collection I just need to decide if I'll be content with 2nd presses or not.

Rich - lol at Mickey Mantle, is it songs or just the sounds of him hitting a baseball.... ??

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rich - lol at Mickey Mantle, is it songs or just the sounds of him hitting a baseball.... ??

Would probably be better if it was the sounds of him hitting.

Compilation of weak pop songs by RCA artists.

There's one on Popsike for $500+ but it's more like a $50 LP.

Will likely go to a Baseball fan and not a vinyl collector.

• From a fair last weekend, all $1 a pop.

Rose Royce, Friend & Lover, Sam & Dave, Minnie Ripperton, Nina Simone, Change, Brenton Wood, Bohannon, Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell

Freez, Little Milton, Gary Numan, Aretha Franklin, Gwen McRae, Issac Hayes, Aretha Franklin, Raydio, Stan Getz & Astrud Gilberto

• MrFingazMrFingaz 64 Posts
    That Hal Blaine is pretty .

That Bohannon is pretty .

• Went for a walk in the sun with my girl the other day, went into a random thrift...

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

Anyone heard this LP?

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    love that juan pablo torres lp!

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    I need that juan pablo torres lp!

i just left a bunch of cuban revolutionary lps behind the other day, this looks pretty hot though..

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    My charity, boot sale, record fair and shop finds for this month:

Some classic Rap LP's from local store that doesn't do Rap! (?4 each)

Boogie Boys - Romeo Knight

Ghetto Boys - Making Trouble

Audio Two - What More Can I Say

3rd Bass - Derelicts of Dialect

Just Ice - Kool and Deadley

Just Ice - Back to the Old School

Two Live Crew - Move Somethin'

Biz Markie - Goin' Off

Mc Shy D - Got to be Tough

Mc Shan - Down By Law

Hip Hop 12's from the same spot (?1)

DJ Mega Mix - The Finest Ingredients

Eric B & Rakim - Paid in Full (7minutes of madness)

Stetsasonic - Sally

DST - Crazy Cuts

Mc Craig G - Transformer

Cutmaster DC - Brooklyn's in the House

Funky Four - Do you want to Rock?

Beastie Boys - Cookie Puss

James Brown - Froggy Mix

Z3 MC's - Triple Threat

Run DMC - Run's House

Public Enemy - You're Gonna Get Yours

B Beat Girls - Jungle Swing

Triple M Bass - Worse 'Em

MC Shan - Beat Biter

Cold Crush Brothers - Feel the Horns

Ice T - Make it Funky

"Captain" Grandmaster Caz - Count Basey

Original Concept - Pump that Bass

Thumbs & The Hoestiles - Let's Get Started

Special Ed - I Got it Made

Ultramagnetic - Travellin' at the Speed of Thought

Newtrament - London Brodge is Falling Down

James Brown - Sex Machine

The Next four were from the same shop. The guy had already warned me that there were some expensive items in the box but he would price stuff up for me. Grabbed these four. Thought the Kinks would be one of the expensive ones he was talking about so was pleasantly suprised when he said they were all ?5 each.

Only really grabbed the 4 Seasons LP as the packaging is so great, here is a photo of part of the insert:

The next three pics are all charity finds. All pretty well known with some VV classics in there:

Next ones are from today's record fair, pretty slim pickings but nothing more than ?3 so can't complain too much!

Finally the last one shows a couple of beauties plucked from MVE:

i just left a bunch of cuban revolutionary lps behind the other day, this looks pretty hot though..

This one is all right, cover art is rad! I like a few of the other GESI LPs a bit more. I wish the group would have experimented more w/ Brazilian style rhythms. The tracks that they do, sound awesome.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

This one is all right, cover art is rad! I like a few of the other GESI LPs a bit more. I wish the group would have experimented more w/ Brazilian style rhythms. The tracks that they do, sound awesome.

What are the best ones to get? I have all of ZERO[/b] GESI records!

What are the best ones to get? I have all of ZERO[/b] GESI records!

Check your PMs.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here are some LPs I picked up during my trip to Rome, Italy back at the end of March/early April 2010.

From left to right, starting at the top row and moving downward, the LPs include:

-"SuperStereo Test Record"-Vedette Records.
    -"Violette Noziere"-OST.
    -"Le'Etat Sauvage"-OST.
    -"Pollution"-Battiato.
    -"What's on Your Mind?"-Hodges, James, & Smith.
    -"Coromagia"-Schola Cantorum RCA.
    -"Storia di un Impiegato"-Fabrizio De Andre.
    -"What's Your Name, What's Your Number"-Andrea True Connection (what, I'm a disco head).
    -"Io Che non Sono L'imperatore"-Edoardo Bennato.
    -"Back to America" b/w "Don't Stop the Music" 12" single-Paradise.
    -"Viaggi Organizzati"-Lucio Dalla.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    stax,
    lucio dalla is a legend out there
    and all my people hold fabrizio d'andre in the highest regard. singer songwriter extraordinaire

hope you had a great trip!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    stax,
    lucio dalla is a legend out there
    and all my people hold fabrizio d'andre in the highest regard. singer songwriter extraordinaire

hope you had a great trip!

Hey Tripdubs,

Yes, it was a fabulous trip, although wifey was pissed at my insistence on shopping for LPs. I was over there for a research conference in which we (my co-author and I) did our one-day paper presentation appearance. Then, we (me, wifey, my co-author and his wifey, moms, and stepdad) spend the rest of the week touring the city. We took in all the historic sites (e.g, the Vatican, The Coliseum, The Roman Walls, St. Peter's Basilica, Museo Borghese, etc.), shopped, and enjoyed the wonderful food and drink as well. I snapped a gang of photos which I'll post at some point. Wifey and I want to return to Italy and check out Florence, Venice, Milan, and Capri.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    if youre ever out there when im out there i'll give you a tour of emilia romagna (kinda near tuscany) and invite you to the village

if youre ever out there when im out there i'll give you a tour of emilia romagna (kinda near tuscany) and invite you to the village

That would be great, Tripdubs, and I'd definitely take you up on it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak