POST AN ALBUM COVER WITH A BLUE SKY

2»

Comments

• arvidarvid 50 Posts

Besides, I'd ADD points for the clouds.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Funny thing about this cover is that the cloud was added. The original is an abstract painting by Yves Klein, simply titled 'Blue'.

The next exhibition, 'Proposte Monochrome, Epoca Blu' (Proposition Monochrome; Blue Epoch) at the Gallery Apollinaire, Milan, (January 1957), featured 11 identical blue canvases, using ultramarine pigment suspended in a synthetic resin 'Rhodopas'. Discovered with the help of Edouard Adam, a Parisian paint dealer, the effect was to retain the brilliance of the pigment which tended to become dull when suspended in linseed oil. Klein later patented this recipe to maintain the "authenticity of the pure idea."[7] This colour, reminiscent of the lapis lazuli used to paint the Madonna's robes in medieval paintings, was to become famous as 'International Klein Blue' (IKB). The paintings were attached to poles placed 20 cm away from the walls to increase their spatial ambiguities.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Clouds are points off. It's not as if there aren't clear signifiers of outside-ness to help one identify the nature of the blueness.

I just removed the word "clear"[/b] from the title of this thread to keep confusion down. I guess when I used that word in the first place, it was my way of modifying the term "blue sky." Didn't know it would be taken literally.

Besides, I'd ADD points for the clouds. The blue-sky covers to the debut LP's by Aerosmith and the Brothers Johnson are ENHANCED by them clouds, as far as I'm concerned. As long as the scene isn't GREY, we're good to go.
    That's soft.

• minimini 879 Posts
    Photobucket

Photobucket

• minimini 879 Posts
    Photobucket

Photobucket

• minimini 879 Posts
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Goddammit pickwick, we only did this thread a few months ago

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Goddammit pickwick, we only did this thread a few months ago

Sorry, bro - I got stoned and I missed it. Double shame on me if I posted in it and don't remember.

Got a link? Or is it still in the archives? (The recent rejiggering of the board wiped out a few things from the past six months or so.)

Not only did you post in it, you started the f*cking thing. And everyone posted the same pix.

It's just like deja vu all over again

well, Skel, only one explanation for that:

Somewhere I kept a list of thread titles so I didn't repeat the ideas.

I forgot how old I was last week.

Ageing is heinous. Immortality in a body frozen at about 28 and no disintegration of memory, goddammit.

WANT IT NOW

Somewhere I kept a list of thread titles so I didn't repeat the ideas.

If you don't repeat the idea, somebody else will. Message board fact of life.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

first one i thought of when i saw the title

• zlatorogzlatorog 66 Posts