Fox News Lady: Boycott Erykah Badu

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Badu could have easily been arrested and prosecuted

Yup. I'm wondering if her video team had people scoping for cops, "just in case."

However, I don't think the issue here is whether what she did was legal or not

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Why do y'all so often let yourselves get roped into this infernal dumb shit?

You mean like responding to posts that diss Texas?

• If you want people to respect your personal feelings that public nudity is not offensive, I think you should respect others feelings that it is.

I don't want people to respect my opinion, they can like it or lump it and i don't respect the point of view nudity is dangerous, this is damaging. Nudity is fine, obviously sexual behaviour is something completely different (clothed or not) but please don't get the two things confused, they are quite clearly different things no matter what the church or fox tells you.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm more interested in Fryer Motherfunk showing back up out of nowhere than a nude badu (or "badude", if you will).

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    (or "badude", if you will).

WTF?

• This Sunday....

Im afraid i will be dressed though.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

WTF?

it was combining badu+nude, not meant to imply that badu is a dude. although if she did turn out to be a dude I would still take partial credit.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

WTF?

it was combining badu+nude, not meant to imply that badu is a dude. although if she did turn out to be a dude I would still take partial credit.

Okay, thanks for the explanation. Carry on...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

WTF?

Okay, thanks for the explanation. Carry on...

You're quite welcome. Enjoy the rest of your day.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    If you want people to respect your personal feelings that public nudity is not offensive, I think you should respect others feelings that it is.

I don't want people to respect my opinion, they can like it or lump it and i don't respect the point of view nudity is dangerous, this is damaging. Nudity is fine, obviously sexual behaviour is something completely different (clothed or not) but please don't get the two things confused, they are quite clearly different things no matter what the church or fox tells you.

There is quite a difference between Dangerous and Offensive.

I don't see how anyone could NOT understand that some parents could be offended by their children being exposed to a person walking down Main St. naked.....good looking or not.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I think the underlying core issue that's being completely ignored by the media is the existence of the BADUNK!

- spidey

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    LOOK AT THOSE CHEEKS!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    this is the real crime: http://www.mediafire.com/?ztmnzdmat4u

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out she had all the proper permits to film this video and if it turns out it was shot NEAR where JFK was assassinated and not the same area (Somewhat related, a ladyfriend said "yeah, her ass is nice...but I bet that's not real either!")

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dallas Police just announced that Ms. Badu will be charged with a crime.

It will be Disorderly Conduct with a penalty of a fine that can be mailed in.

• U people are dumb as F*ck and arrogant with it.

The issue is not even the lack of clothes, it is the lack of common decency. If you want to expose yourself and your own kids to cock and shit all day then that's on you. The point is the absolute lack of courtesy to behave as Badu does knowing as she must do that a huge number of people do not want themselves or their kids to see that shit. The public square is something we all must use and as such most people, people with at least some small degree of humility and consideration for their fellow man, understand that it is the height of bad manners to behave exactly as you want and adhere only to those social mores that you happen to agree with.

Whats even more annoying is that most of you don't even believe what you're saying. You only say this shit because you think all that cliched crap about the innate beauty of the human form and an aversion to public displays of nakedness springing from retrograde ideas blah blah. makes you sound sophisticated and urbane. F*ck yal', one love.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    I couldn't care less about people getting naked in public, but for an artist like Badu it reads like a cheap publicity stunt.

• people with at least some small degree of humility and consideration for their fellow man, understand that it is the height of bad manners to behave exactly as you want and adhere only to those social mores that you happen to agree with.

because we all know how much humility, sensitivity and consideration you have for others in the "public square" as you have demonstrated throughout your entire tenure here at soulstrut.

to be clear, i don;t think it is ok for people to walk around nude in public (other than on a nude beach i suppose) but my take on this whole thing is "much ado about nothing" (it was a misdemeanor offence-equivalent to a parking ticket). does this really rise to the level of calling for a boycott and pulling out one's hair on tv? is this an issue that is tearing the fabric of civil society?

the point i am making is that i find anger, hatred and intolerance much more noxious, offensive and damaging than a child inadvertently catching a glimpse of a nude middle-aged lady.

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    she was inspired by this video
    matt and kim - lessons learned... no one gave a crap when they did it. but when Badu does,.. oh snap
    lame

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    matt and kim - lessons learned... no one gave a crap when they did it. but when Badu does,.. oh snap
    lame

the difference is that Badu REALLY did it. this video looks suspect.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

Nah, they were arrested. I remember seeing it in the paper.

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    lame

uh they really did it...

The first thing that flashes across the screen in Erykah Badu's video is a message that reads "Inspired by Matt and Kim."

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    So basically streaking is an underground fad again, 36 years later.

I copped all the Ray Stevens records I could get my hands on at the local spot
    this AM ... getting ready to ca$h in.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    woooooooooooooooooooooooosh!
    haha

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    I bet half the pundits haven't seen the entire video and expect it to be on some lil kim steez. She's an artist making art. A tad ham-fisted? Yes. It's fine with me.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Why can't Nicki Minaj or Beyonce walk around on my block and get naked?! I'll even provide the camcorder.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    While neither her music nor this video are great (or brave) works of art to me, it is most definitely not the job of art and artists to take into consideration the questions it may raise in a child's mind. That is the parents' territory. Along with the death of the beloved family dog, images of bandaged bloody children in far-off lands, Uncle Mike's potty mouth at Thanksgiving, why Jeffy gets to have a TV and computer in his room and the baby-sitter's hiked-up uniform skirt.

And it never ceases to amaze: nudity is the bigger concern, not the violent act at the very end.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    lame

someone needs to make a graemlin of these two clowns' faces and call it *selfimportantface*

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    lame

Pretty much just the opposite, really.

These two got arrested and it was in all of the NYC papers. No one gave a crap because no one gives a crap about Matt and Kim.

Erykah Badu is a big star and she just got a (retro) ticket. The only person making a big deal out of it was the Fox harpy, and even Bill O'Reilly pretty much dismissed her whole rant as pointless. What controversy there is is as much about the location as it is her nudity.

Does it really surprise you that a star of her stature walking around nude gets some attention?

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    If im not mistaken this video was first - regardless its much better & ballsier than what mat and kim and erykah baduh did imo - eventhough its trick shots

Make The Girl Dance - Baby Baby Baby ( official video )[/b]
    Ge?pload door placeblancherec. - Bekijk nog meer muziek video's in HD!

& the boycott has been in effect since day one anyway, as erykah badu = a pretentious funk faking harebrain