why'd my sharon jones thread get deleted?

SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
Damn, son! I got moder hated on.. Are we not allowed to post full albums on this site? anyone lurkers want that leak hit up my hit up my BLOG!- spidey

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    My thread just got locked. I was looking forward to sending gifts out to strutters and instead got a state hate thread.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    dude, really? you have to ask?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Come on! Let's be realistic this is the internet 2010. Everything is for free. I just thought some people on this site would be interested.

- spidey

• My thread just got locked. I was looking forward to sending gifts out to strutters and instead got a state hate thread.

I would get Harvey a carganizer for his Aveo, so he could keep his rap cd's and babywipes at hand.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Now we are talkin'

It's actually a really good album. I heard they did it all on an 8-track machine.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Delete

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Come on! Let's be realistic this is the internet 2010. Everything is for free. I just thought some people on this site would be interested.

- spidey
    You just gotta know when it's okay to do and when it's not.

I don't know why you'd be getting that. I can guarantee this isn't spyware. I'm listening to it right now. Sounds impeccable. Analog recording is truly the way to go.

- spidey

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

I don't know why you'd be getting that. I can guarantee this isn't spyware. I'm listening to it right now. Sounds impeccable. Analog recording is truly the way to go.

- spidey

Is this the first time you've listened to the Dap Kings? In 2010?

Some of us have been following them for many years and would like to see them get paid for their work. The label/studio is fully independent so every dollar counts.

• I don't know why you'd be getting that. I can guarantee this isn't spyware. I'm listening to it right now. Sounds impeccable. Analog recording is truly the way to go.

- spidey

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    DELETE DELETE DELETE.

ODub leave your faculty meeting and kill this thread.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    its great. gab roth spoke a little about it at his rbma lecture

• Analog recording is truly the way to go.

- spidey

And as you all know it's inexpensive... So leech away with no remorse, folks.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    is this an april fools ?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Analog recording is truly the way to go.

- spidey
    Analog recording has absolutely nothing to do with them sounding good.

• Analog recording is truly the way to go.

- spidey

Do you think they would sound[/b] the same if recorded to two sync'd black face ADAT's through a Yamaha 01V?

Do tell

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I'm saying they would sound good recorded on anything.

• I agree wholeheartedly. I think that the actual way they choose to record (tape) is only the icing on the cake, but for many people, is the most tangible "sound" difference between them and other talented groups.

Tape does very very very much change the sound of a band recording.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    is this an april fools ?
    Yeah. He re-tagged a Justin Bieber CD or something.

The real thing is on rapidshare, though.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I think we see pretty eye to eye on this. I'm just saying that heralding a bootleg MP3 album as a testament to analog recording is a bit ridiculous to me.

• yup! i;m with you man.

2010 stylee

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    DELETE DELETE DELETE.

ODub leave your faculty meeting and kill this thread.

I'm on spring break batches (and alas, working on a f----ing essay that I can't seem to get organized. Ironically, it's on retro-soul!)

In any case, this thread is too amusing to dead.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I agree wholeheartedly. I think that the actual way they choose to record (tape) is only the icing on the cake, but for many people, is the most tangible "sound" difference between them and other talented groups.

Yeah ... Gabe's always been pretty vocal about his reasons for preferring analog. See part 2 of this classic Big Daddy interview:

Shitty is Pretty - Part 1
    Shitty is Pretty - Part 2

Analog recording is truly the way to go.

- spidey

I have my own soul band. It's increasingly difficult to find a recording engineer with old school sensibilities these days. I agree the band sounds phenomenal live, but recordings are a completely different story.

If it was recorded by somebody like Butch Vig it would come across horrible, and be a complete disservice to the music. With a brilliant digital setup and engineer, best case scenario setup it would end up sounding not to dissimilar to a Jamiroquai album.

I think you'll find Gabe and Neal have put a lot of work into honing the sound of this band. Sonically, they are one of the most brilliant soul acts out today.

and on that note.

- spidey

• I agree wholeheartedly. I think that the actual way they choose to record (tape) is only the icing on the cake, but for many people, is the most tangible "sound" difference between them and other talented groups.

Yeah ... Gabe's always been pretty vocal about his reasons for preferring analog. See part 2 of this classic Big Daddy interview:

Shitty is Pretty - Part 1
    Shitty is Pretty - Part 2

I once asked Gabe about that interview, and he basically laughed in the sense of how he now knows a lot lot more about analog recording than when that big daddy piece ran