Top 13 Female MCs of all time (SS catnip-R)

13»

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Lauryn is not an especially good rapper. In fact her Fugees-era rhyming is pretty bad IMO. It's a testament to the dearth of female MC talent that Lauryn is even mentioned in these discussions.

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    I think Lauryn was the best that could have been. She appears to be a beast live. I ride for Lauryn. I agree her solo rappity rap stuff isn't the best but I thought she was amazing and made it almost effortless with the Fugee's.

MC LYTE rhymed like a dude. I don't know if that conveys what I am trying to say.

Not into the whole Lil Kim's either. I can understand trying to flex your sexy, but damn she comes off as an STD with legs.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Most raps I've heard from Lauryn Hill have been well nice, she really picked her game up on The Score album and she's amazing on the PRT album where she dropped a great verse. I feel she could be considered one of the greats but could do with a bit more material to really back up the claim.

• what about the Wee Papa Girl Rappers

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• am i wrong for skipping straight to the comments? they are as awesome as usual.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    am i wrong for skipping straight to the comments? they are as awesome as usual.

It's like a parody of being "out of touch."

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    To be fair to NPR the comments wouldn't be much different on any mainstream news site.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Way to dis Estelle, too;

And Estelle is a singer.. they are talking about MCs

That's some "you fuck one lousy sheep..." shit right there.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Most of the comments don't differ too wildly from what I'd expected to see on a "Nicki Minaj - yay/nay" thread up in here, tbqh.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    MC LYTE rhymed like a dude. I don't know if that conveys what I am trying to say.

That DUDES wrote her rhymes.