Top 13 Female MCs of all time (SS catnip-R)

Comments

• shiiieeet... What a shitty list. MIA # 1 Lady of R.A.G.E!!!
    She owns this track, right up until Kurupt comes up bogarding that joint!

• dial9dial9 10 Posts
    Lin Que !

She's my favorite female Mc with MC Lyte

Few weeks ago, I knew Nefertiti is female finally..

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    the only thing of eve's i have ever liked was her verse on the roots you got me,
    you didnt like this??

clowns i spot em and i cant stop laughing

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    never understood what homeboy was thinking in that eve sex tape.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    This list is pretty wack, but I'm not mad at their number 1 pick at all - I do agree that they shouldn't have been all half-assed about it with their comment about her deserving to be "near the top." F*ck that - Jean IS the greatest female MC.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    the only thing of eve's i have ever liked was her verse on the roots you got me,
    you didnt like this??

clowns i spot em and i cant stop laughing

love that beat, but when i used to play that out i used to only play 1 verse then switch back to the instro, the raps arent dreadful, and her flow was interesting but it's pretty hit and miss.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    This list is pretty wack, but I'm not mad at their number 1 pick at all - I do agree that they shouldn't have been all half-assed about it with their comment about her deserving to be "near the top." F*ck that - Jean IS the greatest female MC.

yr high

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

yr high

Ya dreamin' son

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    No Sha Rock? She is the real OG of all of this!!!!!

• she was def dope until lyte roasted her ass...also she had a thicker mustache than i do...just sayin'

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    MC Lyte is crazy overated and remains to this day as some barometer for female MC's. I dont get it.

She has under a handfull of GREAT songs, after that, shit is just a gang of regular mediocre jams.

• sorry sir but i gotta disagree with you...it wasn't just her songs for me it was her aggressive style of rhyming and going at cats. she would take on dudes like it was nothing. growing up she was the shit in the my neighborhood and i am sure a lot of hoods...again, just sayin

sorry sir but i gotta disagree with you...it wasn't just her songs for me it was her aggressive style of rhyming and going at cats. she would take on dudes like it was nothing. growing up she was the shit in the my neighborhood and i am sure a lot of hoods...again, just sayin

not in my hood

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    MC Lyte is crazy overated and remains to this day as some barometer for female MC's. I dont get it.

She has under a handfull of GREAT songs, after that, shit is just a gang of regular mediocre jams.

So, who you got ranked higher?

Rah Digga.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

She has under a handfull of GREAT songs

You could say this about MOST highly regarded MCs.

#justsayin

Rah Digga.

Ouch dude...and IMO she has no GREAT songs.

Rah Digga.

Ouch dude...and IMO she has no GREAT songs.

And Songs dont tell the whole story. But i dont feel like my post isolated just songs to rating an MC.

Whatever ya'll say wont convince me that Lyte is some GREAT MC.

Rhyme for Rhyme I'd prefer to hear Rah Digga, regardless of Radio/Club bangers/ MTV generation exposure..
    Jean Grae is better but doesnt have shit for club or radio.

Fusk Goergie Porgie and Ruffneck.

That doesnt diminish her impact for Female MCs, but Im not jockin that stuff.

Well then by that criteria, Medusa > all others, by far.

Plus still, I'd put Paper Thin, 10% Dis, and Cha Cha Cha up against many males, let alone just females, when it comes to classic singles.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Plus still, I'd put Paper Thin, 10% Dis, and Cha Cha Cha up against many males, let alone just females, when it comes to classic singles.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

She has under a handfull of GREAT songs

You could say this about MOST highly regarded MCs.

#justsayin

i once had a random girl at a bar tell me i must be gay b/c i told her i did not listen to female MC's that much... (she also told me Lady Sovereign was WAAAYYY more talented than Dizzee Rascal (but that's a brtis.com discussion...)

jean grae is ok (first heard her on that "hands on experience" joint w/ high and mighty), but she has had every journalist in the world jacking her for the last 10 years, and her career is still nowhere... she's had a million chances and has never had even a minor dent at any type of real success... she's way overrated...

i like rah digga alot, but mc lyte probably has more good songs...

• MC Lyte is crazy overated and remains to this day as some barometer for female MC's. I dont get it.

Rah Digga.

had to stop laughing before i could type.
    she doesnt even have half of the songs you claim lyte only has a handful of. thats just a start.

if anything latifahs 1st lp vs lyte's 1st lp.

Rah Digga.

had to stop laughing before i could type.
    she doesnt even have half of the songs you claim lyte only has a handful of. thats just a start.

if anything latifahs 1st lp vs lyte's 1st lp.

Let me guess - your still an Iverson fan.

• dude i have had personal convos with rah and she would tell me lyte was her inspiration! despite what you may feel, lyte cannot be fusk with period! you still hear the influence in females mcs today!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Rah Digga

She's dope in her cameos. I will also add Foxy Brown
    and Bahamadia...

This IMO, is so sick.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    no love for Charli Baltimore in hur?

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Latifah - Dance 4 Me (Ultimatum Remix) is one of the greatest Rap Records ever. Her flow is absolutely perfect.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts

act like lauryn didnt kill most of everything she dropped lyrics on. come on son.

yes!

I think Lauryn's great. Too bad she's been on hiatus since forever.

I'm impressed, Strutters. Page 4 of a thread with the word "female" in the title, and no elbow scrutinization!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

act like lauryn didnt kill most of everything she dropped lyrics on. come on son.

yes!

I think Lauryn's great. Too bad she's been on hiatus since forever.

I'm impressed, Strutters. Page 4 of a thread with the word "female" in the title, and no elbow scrutinization!

We're checkin' lyrical elbows.