Weekend Finds, Fyndes, Fineds

2»

Comments

• doomdoom 305 Posts

Just realized I have the one LP next to the top right corner one. So awful. But in a funny way.

yeah they are actually organised like this: first 6 (no plastic bags): directly to sales pile. the rest: keepers for sure. especially the ugly guitar one, plays like a mellow takeshi teraushi lp.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    If I recall that Mike Heron Lp has one nice cut on it....but the rest is dissapointing IMO...when i copped it I thought itd be on some Zappa ish....

I'd even say: I pity the fool who has to listen to that Mike Heron album. And I'm a huge fan of the Incredible String Band.

i listened, and as the foole, i accept your pity. but i dunno, it had some moments here and there.

Privilege is ok, but probably better unopened. And I actually enjoy the Child LP!
    child is sorta growing on me now. what does Priviledge sound like?

Not too shabby on the Blair...
    yeah i didnt realize it was a rarity till after i got it home. i just saw the blackbyrds connection on the back cover and scooped. its near minty EXCEPT a tiny heat sizzle on the edge, so the beginning few seconds of each side sound weird. sad. but whatever, it was not pricey at all.

- but that Pete Brown is a pretty sick score.

i had no idea what i was buying to be honest, and im really glad i did, cool stuff. at the time i just saw "weird harvest label stuff" and grabbed. trust your instincts!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    rupert cobbett is nice. hes got another good album

• doomdoom 305 Posts

Privilege is ok, but probably better unopened. And I actually enjoy the Child LP!
    child is sorta growing on me now. what does Priviledge sound like?

priviledge has some blazing downtempo action. dont remember if it had any full tracks that were good.

• TreehouseTreehouse 120 Posts
    More like week day finds for me...

• does that "disco and soul dances" have any heat on it?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    does that "disco and soul dances" have any heat on it?

Only the illest cover of Brass Construction's "Movin'"!

• TreehouseTreehouse 120 Posts
    There are two solid songs and few others I like. Movin' is at the top of the heap though!

• please to rip "movin'"?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    stack of prog finds from this mornings flea, looks cool..

• nucleus, eddie kendricks are dupes on the trading block

what is the story with this george benson record? it sounds absolutely nothing like his guitar playing. mind you., that does sort of sound like gator willis on sax and george played with him early on so is this some old session souped up with overdubs etc..?

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

what is the story with this george benson record? it sounds absolutely nothing like his guitar playing. mind you., that does sort of sound like gator willis on sax and george played with him early on so is this some old session souped up with overdubs etc..?
    harlem underground band related. PAUL WINLEY OUT FOR THE MONEY MOVES!

• can you fill me in more?...at the time this record would have come out geroge benson was an international superstar, how could winley get away with that? am i clear that this record has nothing to do with george benson other than the title and cover?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    can you fill me in anymore...at the time this record would have come out geroge benson was an international superstar, how could winley get away with that? am i clear that this record has nothing to do with george benson other than the title and cover?

No, I think it's legit - as legit as the Winley stuff usually is anyway.

I believe GB is on there, along Baby Dave Cortez and Willis Jackson. I've heard various stories about the recording, such as GB owed him an album from an old contract, but I've never heard that it was a bogus title altogether.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Benson himself has, at times, maintained that he had nothing to do with the record.

But I, too, think it's really him. Pre-nose job.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Privilege is not good, don't open it.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    But I, too, think it's really him and Winley had some compromising blackmail pics

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    really dig these painty cover designs with small weird details, even if there should be a slight red-ish fungus growing on the back sleeve.. how the f*ck do you de-fungus a cover anyway.. i mean after you dryed it in the sun for a couple days?

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

some vhs videoos

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    wow awesome fej

• Post deleted by fishmongerfunk

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Finally upgraded from this:

to this:

Should have done this a loooooooooong time ago. I've had that crappy Panasonic since high school (12 years ago). Served me well though.