Weekend Finds, Fyndes, Fineds

discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
Looked through 10,000 records this weekend and these are the highlights, plus another couple crates of Boogie 12's and jazz LPs:

Comments

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    looks awesome! was the guy in radio?

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    wow, heavy weight finds, well done!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• dial9dial9 10 Posts
    I like Tipical Ideal.
    It's one of Latin sounds.

• Options
    Great haul!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Thumbs up!!
    That "Vaya Puente" is a great listen.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    The last week or so's keepers -

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Healthy Britfunk harvest from the charity shop run and one out of town sleepy hick rock n roll store

Dude had this in his Cliff and the Shadows section for a quid, "cos no-one is interested in a drummer's solo albums". LOL

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Frenach Guiana finds pt.2 from two weeks back

Josy Mass is one of the most amazing records I've heard in a while. Gramacks was unfortunately wrecked.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Dude had this in his Cliff and the Shadows section for a quid, "cos no-one is interested in a drummer's solo albums". LOL

You know what they call a guy that hangs up with a bunch of musicians...?

A drummer.

• i want to be on del alma's level!

hookup was right about the plaster casters, it sure does suck, thankfully it was relatively cheap.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    A store owner that closed his shop 13 years ago had 22,000 records in storage and decided to start unloading them. He owns a second house that was was completely empty and he setup 22 tables in it. He put out around 10,000 of his records to get things started. 90% of the stuff was going for $1 a record. I have had to focus more on buying for stuff for my kids lately, but damn, it was hard to not go crazy at this guy's house. Here's what I took home for $40. Most of the disco 12" singles are promo copies.

And my finds from the previous weekend's ARC show. Most of these were $1 each too.

unreleased boogie acetate

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    heavy sifting thru many more crates from my connects...

^^i have a hard time not picking up records like 'eagle' where ive never heard of or seen it and its on a major label. for all i know its crap but i like the sheer obscurity of such things.

^^that ritmo erotico is pretty strong musically considering the cheesy cover.
    disappointed in both jake holmes.
    minted up on Reality, one of those records that is so rarely clean.

^^the 'Charlee' on 'Stunts' is not the same as the one in the AA. still, some alright lo budget soundtrack moves going on here.

^^big surprise with this 5 Americans - had no idea it existed till i saw and bought it.

^^the privilege OST is sealed - looks weird, worth opening?
    Flamingos is mono, which doesnt appear in the books. strange.

child is not living up to hype, the others are enjoyable

2 records that are sleepytime musically but stimulating financially. both seem unplayed. Marvins first and not the easiest record to find.

and now the 45s..

^^ the pic disc kiddie records are Walt Kelly art, irresistible to me, a massive fan of Pogo and everything he did.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    that Marvin Gaye is a snoozer, but looks ridiculously clean. Nice finds, many good records in amongst them.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    heavy sifting thru many more crates from my connects...

^^i have a hard time not picking up records like 'eagle' where ive never heard of or seen it and its on a major label. for all i know its crap but i like the sheer obscurity of such things.

^^that ritmo erotico is pretty strong musically considering the cheesy cover.
    disappointed in both jake holmes.
    minted up on Reality, one of those records that is so rarely clean.

^^the 'Charlee' on 'Stunts' is not the same as the one in the AA. still, some alright lo budget soundtrack moves going on here.

^^big surprise with this 5 Americans - had no idea it existed till i saw and bought it.

^^the privilege OST is sealed - looks weird, worth opening?
    Flamingos is mono, which doesnt appear in the books. strange.

child is not living up to hype, the others are enjoyable

2 records that are sleepytime musically but stimulating financially. both seem unplayed. Marvins first and not the easiest record to find.

and now the 45s..

^^ the pic disc kiddie records are Walt Kelly art, irresistible to me, a massive fan of Pogo and everything he did.

Awesome socre dude..... If I recall that Mike Heron Lp has one nice cut on it....but the rest is dissapointing IMO...when i copped it I thought itd be on some Zappa ish....

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    did you really need to quote all those pics? really?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    lol

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    did you really need to quote all those pics? really?

I thought everyone apreciates doubles copies of dope records, no?

• doomdoom 305 Posts

• doomdoom 305 Posts

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

That looks like Richard Ng on the right. What film is that? I'd assume one of the Lucky Stars but then would expect them all to be on there.

• doomdoom 305 Posts

That looks like Richard Ng on the right. What film is that? I'd assume one of the Lucky Stars but then would expect them all to be on there.

No idea, the entire front cover is in Chinese. Its the back-cover for the one on the top left. The only thing in English is on the bottom of the back cover: Polydor 1975/1977. Wynners and Albert Au cortesey of Phillips Records. Its a shame cus the singing covers 100% of the tracks, the backingtracks are pretty cool.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Ah, well I do know that The Wynners are Chinese pop so I'd guess it's some kind of compilation album then of the hits of the day (best of the best maybe?). Suppose Richard was a big star around then so maybe they just stuck his head on there.

Thanks.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    If I recall that Mike Heron Lp has one nice cut on it....but the rest is dissapointing IMO...when i copped it I thought itd be on some Zappa ish....

I'd even say: I pity the fool who has to listen to that Mike Heron album. And I'm a huge fan of the Incredible String Band.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    some hardware.
    6 euroos the 2

and some flea shit this morning

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

No idea, the entire front cover is in Chinese. Its the back-cover for the one on the top left. The only thing in English is on the bottom of the back cover: Polydor 1975/1977. Wynners and Albert Au cortesey of Phillips Records. Its a shame cus the singing covers 100% of the tracks, the backingtracks are pretty cool.

If you need some help, I'll give translating a go. Need to keep up my Chinese. These are Hong Kong/Taiwan LPs yeah? Is there a Tiao Su Rong LP in there somewhere?

Whats the story with your score anyway? I'd be interested to hear how they ended up in Sweden.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

Just realized I have the one LP next to the top right corner one. So awful. But in a funny way.

• MrFingazMrFingaz 64 Posts
    Privilege is ok, but probably better unopened. And I actually enjoy the Child LP!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Not too shabby on the Blair...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Privilege is ok, but probably better unopened. And I actually enjoy the Child LP!

I couldn't stand Child, but I hate most of those Vanilla Fudge style bands (including Vanilla Fudge themselves ... ) - but that Pete Brown is a pretty sick score.