NBA '10 (pre-Playoffs)

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    ^yup. the problem with the org right now is that the deal can't come fast enough. everything i've read has cohen holding out til a number closer to $400M emerges and Ellison was pitching 315M a few months ago. looking like it will be a late summer takeover.
    with free agent season and the draft coming up (with presumably a top five pick) the w's are going to have the same retards behind the wheel-- if anything, they've shown their absolute mastery of steering the franchise into the ground... whoever ends up owning this team is going to be starting with one hell of a handicap next season.

that said: PLAYOFFS.
    East: Atlanta, Charlotte are my ideals. Lookin like it is gonna be the Lebrons though. Orlando will fall apart, as usual.
    West: I really give two shits right now. Lakers, obv., Denver would be fun for a bit, but I don't see it holding together. Mavs have crazy depth, but i'm convinced that they're cursed. phx is a first round exit, a la their MO, san antOLDio, OKC is fun, but too many rookie/experience mistakes to actually advance.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the wade was poster od the decade
    the way he stood still while the other dude crumbled

also i always wait for the first matches to go down before analyzing the playoffs in the league where ''amazing'' happens

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts

and the and one w/ D Wade riding on his back....

6'4" shooting guard against a 6'11" pf/center, face to face >>>>>> 6'4" shooting guard getting "dunked on" from behind by a 6'8" small forward, and then falling down like your made of rubber, while the smaller player stares you down

OK great dunk by Wade to be bad they lost both games....

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    the wade was poster od the decade
    the way he stood still while the other dude crumbled

also i always wait for the first matches to go down before analyzing the playoffs in the league where ''amazing'' happens

That dunk still wasn't better than Baron Davis over Andre Kirilenko a couple years back.

And I don't care what you want to call it, how you want to discount it, or whatever, but 5'10" Ty Lawson DUNKED ON a 7'2" center. Yeah it wasn't a face up situation but Mbenga tried blocking it and he got posterized.

As far the Nuggets "not holding together", that's my worry right now. However, last year they stepped it way up once the playoffs started. We need Kenyon.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Yeah man, kenyon is a more offensive Rodman in a sense
    they've got all the right pieces and last year's experience
    hopefully they can play with emotion to have a perfect end to a harsh personal season

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    What makes that Wade dunk and funny as hell is that he puts it on Varejao who challenges him straight on, gets tossed like a rag doll, with Wade bringing down his arm down like a beast, trotting over him, crowd going crazy, all the while Varejao is dazed and confused after he almost flips over hitting his head on the back post.

And Wade is over there screaming "That's how you do it", or whatever. lol One of the top 10 dunks of the decade.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    What makes that Wade dunk and funny as hell is that he puts it on Varejao who challenges him straight on, gets tossed like a rag doll, with Wade bringing down his arm down like a beast, trotting over him, crowd going crazy, all the while Varejao is dazed and confused after he almost flips over hitting his head on the back post.

And Wade is over there screaming "That's how you do it", or whatever. lol One of the top 10 dunks of the decade.

Thanks, for if my eyes didn't work, now I'd know what is in the clip by reading your description of it...oh wait.

As far the Nuggets "not holding together", that's my worry right now. However, last year they stepped it way up once the playoffs started. We need Kenyon.

I remember Charles Barkley saying a few years ago that the Nugs were gonna be scary once they were healthy. He was right. They could easily take the West.

Thanks, for if my eyes didn't work, now I'd know what is in the clip by reading your description of it...oh wait.

There is a LOT happening in that dunk. That's what makes it great.

Top 20 dunk of all time...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    nuggets/raptors
    was a great finish

Another GW for Melo, but that game SHOULD NOT have been that close. I'm still worried.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    a non-canadian needs to post the daily show feature on the all-white league

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Mavs blasted the Nuggets last night.

Dirk had a triple double w/34 points.

Melo shot 3-16.

They said during the broadcast that Carmelo has had only 5 games this year where he didn't get at least 20 points and 3 of those have been against Dallas.

Playoffs are just around the corner.

Yeah don't get too excited about that win, he Nuggets are on a downward spiral. PLus, they were playing on a back to back on the road. But still, I turned that game off in the 1st quarter (yes I'm serious) because I saw how they were playing and knew what the outcome would be (and I was right). They have dropped to the 5th spot in the west and I'm not sure they don't keep falling. I predict 4 more wins this year, max. They are playing their worst ball of the entire year right at the end, such a disappointment. It ain't over yet, but let's just say I don't see much light at the end of the tunnel at this point.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Yeah don't get too excited about that win, he Nuggets are on a downward spiral. PLus, they were playing on a back to back on the road. But still, I turned that game off in the 1st quarter (yes I'm serious) because I saw how they were playing and knew what the outcome would be (and I was right). They have dropped to the 5th spot in the west and I'm not sure they don't keep falling. I predict 4 more wins this year, max. They are playing their worst ball of the entire year right at the end, such a disappointment. It ain't over yet, but let's just say I don't see much light at the end of the tunnel at this point.

Melo looked worn out.

Birdman looked like he needed a wheelchair.

Billups age is starting to show.

Mavs only fear the Lakers(and Warriors who luckily they won't have to play).

NBA is all about peaking at the right time.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    damnit!
    we need this horrible spiral to stop

• uh...Portland has swept the season series against the Mavs. If there was one team the Mavs should avoid playing in the first round, it's the Blazers.

As of today, Dallas is hosting Portland in the first.

Remember 2007?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    nuggets took care of the blazers
    Nene breaking out

i wonder how much the cancer situation has affected the team
    any insider reporting

I been wondering the same. I honestly think it has more to do than Kenyon. I know the thought of coach fighting cancer is stressful, but if anything, I would think that would motivate them to play better. I think that Kenyon is the #1 toughest guy on the team and they simply get soft and weak when he's not around. They cannot keep up a consistent intensity on the defensive end of the floor when he doesn't play, especially when there is all-star talent in the front court on the opposing team. Kenyon's one of those guys where you don't really miss him until he's gone. He'd been having a great season until the tendonitis hit.

I don't trust Nene for a second. He'll play great one night and play like a simp the next. Dude needs more confidence to be a force. Maybe something will snap and he'll become a beast for the playoffs, but I'm not holding my breath. And to be honest, I think the chances are strong that Kenyon won't be back this year. He's missed 15 games and he hasn't even started "basketball activities" yet which means he has a ways to go before he can play again.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i love nene (brazilian bias and he plays like i did in HS)
    i want his jersey

i find he plays hard everytime (sometimes recklessly on fouls)

i dont trust his offense however (if that's what you mean) but they dont count on him for that

around the paint
    he has a bassline shot,offensive board/putback, good passer, can get fouled

that's really all you can ask
    he is no hakeem

Oh believe me, I absolutely LOVE his game, he has some of the best/quickest footwork out of any big man in the NBA, he can go left or right, he as almost impossible to stop in the paint with the ball in his hands AND he moves without the ball very well. He can even beast on defense when he really tries, and he's huge, strong, athletic, he runs the floor on the fast break, etc. All of this is wonderful, plus he's got that silky jumper from 15. And he's got the soft touch and quick hands (ayo). His problem is his confidence and his tendency to let his emotions take over (in a bad way). As soon as he gets called for a few offensive fouls, or if he misses a few layups, he gets that look on his face and his game just disappears. It's a huge problem with Nene and it's the only thing stopping him from being a perennial all star and averaging 20/10. All the skills and potential are there, but mentally, I think he is extremely fragile, to his detriment.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I'm taking The Magic to win it all this year.

Wouldn't mind seeing something like a Dallas/Cleveland Finals. I wanna see an evenly matched FINALS, going 7 games for once.

I agree with you yuichi. I just want to see a good series, period.

What do you guys think of Lebron and Wade saying they won't play for USA this summer and Colangelo saying they might not get on the 2012 USA team for London?

Too important to play for your country now or what?

I agree with you yuichi. I just want to see a good series, period.

What do you guys think of Lebron and Wade saying they won't play for USA this summer and Colangelo saying they might not get on the 2012 USA team for London?

Too important to play for your country now or what?

Well, they already got their gold already.

and it's BIG commitment, especially coming off the 82+ game season. Means, they don't get to rest til NEXT summer...wouldn't blame 'em for not playing. However, I do think All-NBA 3rd team caliber players might not fair as well against clearly tougher international compeition.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    how much of a tool does he come out looking like

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the west race is bonkers
    aflalo is playing great for the nuggets in the absence of kenyon

the bosh/turkoglu injury is crushing...interesting to see if the raptors will be able to achieve their greatest feat and thank their fans by bringin lebron to the air canada centre

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    KEVIN DURANT IS THE FUTURE