Felt Like Starting A 10 Pager So Here It Goes....

Comments

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    You want to ensnare a russian milf? Leave your apartment door open, and blast this

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    You definitely came to the right place to ask about how to court a woman.

She's in her late 40s? F.uck all the BS - ask her if she wants to have drinks with you some time at your place. None of the other stuff is your concern, she is a grown-ass woman.
    If she says no, she's not interested, move on.

The more BS you pile on, the more roundabout games you play trying to ask a simple question like can we get together with booze that will hopefully end with sex, the more awkward it will be when you get rejected or when you see her in the hallway/laundry room/mailbox post-fling.

that right there, hommie. this is a grown-ass woman... no need to play games like it's a 20 yr old you're dealing with. Get to the point- either she's with it or she's not. grown-ass woman > young chick everytime

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Does the kid come over for drinks too?

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    What attracts you to said older woman? Looks? The way she handles herself?

I agree with Bassie that you should avoid the games you'd play with a younger woman, and any older woman who's still playing games is probably bad news anyway.

How old is the kid?

The drink suggestions seem benign enough, but in my neighborhood, a lot of the Eastern Europeans are conservative and many don't drink. Plus, you shouldn't stereotype a Russian person by offering Stoli the first chance you get.

Don't "go through the kid," as this about the momma and not him/her, and don't invite the kid into your place. You don't want any of the neighbors spreading rumors about you being a pedophile.

age aint shit - all folks regardless of age or gender plays some sort of "game". Just get to know her and take it from there. Its not some complicated project.

Are you gonna make a move, Behemoth? Or is this thread just going to be about all the hypotheticals?

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Ask her over for coffee. Size up the risk vs reward of the situation. She could be psycho neighbor.

• Options
    In all seriousness, bassie nailed it.

When I was single, my game was simple:

"Hey, wanna come back to my place for a few drinks and a chat?"

Always have vodka and a good red on hand, playah.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

She's in her late 40s? F.uck all the BS - ask her if she wants to have drinks with you some time at your place. None of the other stuff is your concern, she is a grown-ass woman.
    If she says no, she's not interested, move on.

The more BS you pile on, the more roundabout games you play trying to ask a simple question like can we get together with booze that will hopefully end with sex, the more awkward it will be when you get rejected or when you see her in the hallway/laundry room/mailbox post-fling.

As always, Ms. Bassie hit the nail on the head with this one. True, vets (older babes) are either with it or not and she'll let you know straight-up one way or the other. As Phill said, they're usually better (in many ways I came to learn as a youngin') than some naive co-ed.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

I love how this image has come to symbolise the worst of relationships, generally.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i'm not gonna chime in with any more advice than: careful with a russian ex, man. for real

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    this is really going to go another 8 pages?

this is really going to go another 8 pages?

It will if Behemoth (the Strutter who started the thread) either:

1) posts a picture of his Russian crush (Russian Crussian, ha! I'm so clever). Y'all will be scrutinizing elbows for days; or

2) if he actually makes a move. Then he'll give us the play-by-play and we'll give him "advice." If things don't work out, we'll be sharing rejection stories and telling him that she "probably wasn't worth it in the first place."

Things around here kind of follow patterns. Sayin'.

• Options
    My guess is he won't make a move.

My guess is he won't make a move.

You might be right, but it will be so much more fun to post/read about if something actually happened.

I remember this one thread from a year, maybe even two years ago, in which some guy was talking about the hot, older woman at the pizza place he worked at (minneap?, can't remember, I'm prob wrong). He was crushing on her and he thought she was crushing on him. I remember suggesting that maybe she was just being nice to him in order to convince him to babysit her kid. The Strut was giving him all this advice and telling him to "post pictures, or you're soft" and all that. I wonder what became of that. Probably nothing.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    age aint shit - all folks regardless of age or gender plays some sort of "game".

This is true. That said, most of the older women that I've been involved with have been a lot more aware of things like asking for what they want (and they love it when men do the same), how to reject without being patronizing, and how to act after the breakup (you'll never know when you might see this character again). These are all things that some 21-year-old ditz can be insensitive and awkward about.

Just get to know her and take it from there. Its not some complicated project.

Good advice. Just act on it quickly before you get friend-zoned.

• being a russki myself - i can tell you that there could be a few pitfalls

1) if the lady seems intelligent (whatever that may be - sense of dress, manner of speech etc), then its a strong possibility she will consider this to simply be innapropriate. russian women are often easily embarrassed, and sexo utside of an established relationship is still taboo.
    2) if she looks cheap - lots of make-up, no dress sense, frequently has people over and plays loud music, then you dont want anything to do with her, since the most violent men are stupid middle age russians (who might be in her immediate circle)

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

Hopefully she's comes with the ruski b girl stylee flavour....

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    it's like that seinfeld episode

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Get her Melodia heat.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    2) if she looks cheap - lots of make-up, no dress sense, frequently has people over and plays loud music, then you dont want anything to do with her, since the most violent men are stupid middle age russians (who might be in her immediate circle)
    this is, without a doubt, the best advice in this thread.

i think albanians take the cake tho

a lot of russian immigrants moved to the US for work. these arent the cosmopolitan sector from moscow. these are some backwoods fools, and they wild-the-F*ck-out

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Have a party, invite her over, offer a drink, play by ear from there.

Have a party, invite her over, offer a drink, play by ear from there.

"THERE'S A PARTY IN MY PANTS, AND YOOOOOOURRRR INVITED! HEAR ME!!!!"

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Haha, yeah. Dude clearly knew what he was getting into, though.

You know, around the time Teddy Pendergrass died, as a form of tribute I was going to start a "Women-Only Show" thread where the gentlemen of Soulstrut could, you know, reach out and--in the words of Ronald "Kool" Bell--talk just[/b] to the ladies. But then the Carbona wore off and I realized almost immediately that such a thread would be like watching a zeppelin crash in slow motion and, even worse, might engender shirtless pics of said gents (which might sound appealing, ladies, but I assure you that if you've seen one tube of uncooked biscuit dough, you've seen them all). In any event, it would not have been anything honorable to the memory of Teddy, so I scrapped the idea.

And not that there haven't been many many Knowledge Jewels dropped in here, but seriously, my favorite thing about this thread is Almond's goading. "Aw man, quit bullshitting--you know you're not gonna do anything. You're just like that other guy--he probably didn't do shit either. Man, this is some bullshit."

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I'm e-jealous of a dude who just "feels like starting a 10-pager"

on-a-whim-styles wtf

And not that there haven't been many many Knowledge Jewels dropped in here, but seriously, my favorite thing about this thread is Almond's goading. "Aw man, quit bullshitting--you know you're not gonna do anything. You're just like that other guy--he probably didn't do shit either. Man, this is some bullshit."

Miniapp has girlfriend now.

Haha! I bet his GF isn't the pizza cougar, though.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

Haha! I bet his GF isn't the pizza cougar, though.

Haha

Pizza Cougar - dont google it