new mix: EARRITATING (funk - psych - bolly - rock)

pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
i did another mix --- not quite as frantic as the last! As usual it's a mix of stuff i've picked up recently - -lots of 45's this time it seems. Starts with some mid-tempo funky bits and ends with some hard rocking stuff - -psych, Brazilian, Bollywood and other such daftness in between. Hope there's something of interest... PLAY LOUD! http://www.sendspace.com/file/d78edgTRACKLIST:1. NESTA - "flight to Uranus" (Stark Reality 45)2. YAPHET KOTTO - "have you ever seen the blues" (Chisa 45)3. ALAN TRAJAN - "speak to me Clarissa" (Disc AZ 45)4. JO ANN GARRETT - "Can you deal with that" (Duo 45)5. RAMSEY LEWIS - "Jade east" (Cadet 45)6. LEONIE - "En Alabama" (Motors 45)7. LARRY WILLIAMS & JOHNNY WATSON - "Nobody" (Okeh 45)8. KAHUNA KAWENTZMANN - "Gogo sitar" (Stark Reality 45)9. HE GURU'S - "Blue snow night" (UA 45)10. LAXMIKANT PYARELAL - "theme music" (from "Raaste Kaa Patthar" - Polydor LP)11. JACKIE McLEAN & MICHAEL CARVIN - "De i comahlee ah" (Steeplechase LP)12. COEUR MAGIQUE - "wakan tanka" (BYG 45)13. DAVE GRUSIN - "Constant Journey" (Abc LP)14. OS NOVOS BAHIANOS - "colegio de aplicacao" (Premier LP)15. MARIA BETHANIA - "esse carra" (Philips LP)16. NOVOS BAIANOS - "um bilhete p'ra didi" (Som Livre LP)17. CHAQUITO - "good, bad & ugly" (Contour LP)18. HERBERT LEONARD - "Cher monsieur fantaisie" (Mercury 45)19. JACQUES BLANCHARD - "bungalow" (CBS 45)20. BOB DOWNES - "keep off the grass" (Vertigo 45)21. MARC ARYAN - "liberte" (Markal 45)22. DYNAMITA - "I've a feelin" (EMI 45)23. CURTIS KNIGHT - "See no evil" (Paramount LP)24. THE JERMS - "nobody" (Honor Brigade 45)25. LIZ BRADY - "hey o daddy o" (Capitol 45)26. ASHA BHOSLE - "main hoon pyar tera" (from "Teesri Manzil" - Angel 45)27. KISHORE KUMAR - "Dekhe tujhe jo dekhe" (from "Dial 100" - Polydor 45)28. R.D. BURMAN - "janu meri jaan" (from "Shaan" - Polydor LP)29. USHA KHANNA - "tere jaisa pyara koi nahin" (from "Hotel" - EMI LP)30. HP LOVECRAFT - "Nothing's boy" (Philips LP)31. TONCHO PILATOS - "Tommy Lyz" (Karussell LP)32. KING CRIMSON - "21st Century Schizoid Man" (Live) (Island LP)33. DAMNATION OF ADAM BLESSING - "Driver" (UA 45)34. THE WENDIGO - "gimme some lovin" (Scepter 45)35. LIQUID SMOKE - "Warm Touch" (Avco 45)36. THE TROLL - "werewolf and witchbreath" (Mercury LP)37. APOCALYPSE - "Neurotic reaction" (Belter 45)38. KISS - "kissin time" (Casablanca LP)

Comments

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    again

marc aryan is hard as [email]f@k.[/email]

• Options
    Nice mix and interesting sounds!

The wordplay however is, uh, irritating. If I didn't see the playlist, I would have skipped past. I doubt I'm the only person thinking this.
    You also did "earresponsible", right?

The artwork is dope though, and the mix is awesome too. Keep making more mixes and maybe think about changing up the names of your mixes--or go with earmaggedon part 1, 2, etc.

Do you do the art too? It's dope.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    I like this a lot, I look forward to the next installment in this sEARies.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

• You bet i do the artwork

i know the titles are lame - -but this is my 48th mix, and i ran out of decent name ideas long ago. i mainly just amuse myself now. It's not like i'm trying to sell them or anything... just do 'em to listen to whilst cycling at work.

but, yeah - -message understood. i won't make any more bad ear puns for the titles

Hope you guys like it, though.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

12. COEUR MAGIQUE - "wakan tanka" (BYG 45)

love this record! do you know any more details about the band, did they do more albums or projects?

• You bet i do the artwork

i know the titles are lame - -but this is my 48th mix, and i ran out of decent name ideas long ago. i mainly just amuse myself now. It's not like i'm trying to sell them or anything... just do 'em to listen to whilst cycling at work.

but, yeah - -message understood. i won't make any more bad ear puns for the titles

Hope you guys like it, though.

Personally, I'm feelin the theme and I dig your mixes, thanks.

• 12. COEUR MAGIQUE - "wakan tanka" (BYG 45)

love this record! do you know any more details about the band, did they do more albums or projects?

they're great aren't they - - they did another 45 called "le cocotier) (part 2 on the b-side is a killer!! - put that on a mix a while back)

they also did an LP that both the singles are from (that seems to be pretty expensive -- haven't got it yet) - -don't know if they did anything else >>> here

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i was lucky enough to pick up the lp in melbourne a few years ago for around 40 AU$, and have been looking for more of their stuff ever since

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    pencil face, fresh as usual

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    nice!