FAO Frank - Lagos Disco Inferno

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
Just listened to a few soundclips Is there any UK distribution?

Comments

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    f-minor carries them and you can also order from Superflyrecords.com

Official release date is today but we had such massive pre-orders from various distributors that the first press is already sold out and we had to re-order from the plant...

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    saw it's got

Christy Essien - Take Life Easy

been trying to get hold of music by her for years.

• where to cop in NYC?

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    where to cop in TORONTO?

(I'm buying stuff tomorrow - I'd love to pick this up too.)

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    where to cop in NYC?

The shipment just arrived at the Academy in Williamsburg an hour ago. They'll
    be at the Manhattan (12th St) location later today and will seep out to other stores this week.

Because of drop shipping some of the European locations like Superfly already have them.

They should be everywhere within a week.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    where to cop in NYC?

You're in town M**c?

You can pick up a copy at the release party at Savalas tonight for the exclusive "release party only price" of $15 for the double LP! Most stores in the city should have them later this week for probably around 5 bucks more.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Just listened to a few soundclips

Is there any UK distribution?

A bit pricey... sorry not my fault:

http://www.normanrecords.com/records/114995

Or order in the Netherlands for less:

http://www.rushhour.nl/store_detailed.php?item=53968

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    where to cop in NYC?

You're in town M**c?

You can pick up a copy at the release party at Savalas tonight for the exclusive "release party only price" of $15 for the double LP! Most stores in the city should have them later this week for probably around 5 bucks more.

we getting any over here, frank?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    where to cop in NYC?

You're in town M**c?

we getting any over here, frank?

But of course!

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Horseleech or Delay/JP:

Can I order from Academy or Good & have it shipped to NOLA? I don't want to buy from Euroman, but this record is

Horseleech or Delay/JP:

Can I order from Academy or Good & have it shipped to NOLA? I don't want to buy from Euroman, but this record is

You can order here:

http://www.academyannex.com/blog/

• Options
    Hahah, awesome!!

I was just thinking about this on my drive to work this morning. There's an awful mix I was listening to (that I did) which had "et te die" by the coffins (i think)...dope african disco with horns, a super heavy bassline, and I thought "what ever became of that comp? I know dude was still working out what the cover would look like...but that was months ago..."

I'll keep an eye out an order this.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    Great!!! will academy sell this online too? couldn?t find it yet there!

btw/ cover is ace too!!! definitely in my box soon.

Tomorrow you will be able to click on the image to add to your cart. For now just send an email to this address:

academymailorder(at)gmail.com

Price is $18.00

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    btw/ cover is ace too!!!

fo' shizzle

• Congrats!

Will cop tomorrow online..

• Cant wait to hear this in full.
    b/w
    Duder; cop it from honest jons here.

• magromanmagroman 88 Posts
    People in AUSTRALIA can get them from

NORTHSIDE RECORDS.....

should be here within a week.!!!

EXCITED!!

www.northsiderecords.com.au

P.S. well done Frank and Academy!!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Damn - the cover looks awesome. Chris, I might have to hit you up for this.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    frank can we get any from you directly at all?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Cant wait to hear this in full.
    b/w

Cheers Mario!

Copped[/b].

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Where to cop it in Germany?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Cant wait to hear this in full.
    b/w

Cheers Mario!

Copped[/b].

Am delighted to see this finally out. Copping shortly.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    from honest jons

Gotta love some of the reviews (although this could've been the press release I guess):

A stinging, thumping, futuristic soundboy frightener, terrible and remorseless, this was originally brandished by JA producer Dennis ?Star? Hayles in 1989, caged in a label sampler.
    Mid-decade, Red Rose had a smash hit for King Tubby with an immortal song about a rhythm with fierce tempo; by now it has mutated into a killing machine, controls set to vaporize all zinc pan, super-charged with the shock treatment of all dibbi dibbi.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    Where to cop it in Germany?
    http://www.hhv.de/item_192394.html

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    frank can we get any from you directly at all?

I sell them wherever I'm dj-ing but as far as mail order goes, it'd me much faster to order them from Academy through the email address provided by Mike somwhere up there.

Thanx for the support!

The record's been selling like crazy, Superfly Records was sold out of them after 24 hours and pre-orders were so massive that we already had to re-order from the plant...

On another note, I just received a whole bunch of photos and the liner notes for the Psychedelic Aliens record from band leader Ricky Telfer, incredible stuff...

Let me give you a short quote:

"We had fans and groupies all over the place. We were very famous for our smoochy numbers. Once we were playing at ?The Casanova? with Roberto singing the slow French song, ?Je t?aime?. Right in the middle of the song he stopped singing and burst out laughing pointing to a couple dancing right in front of the stage with the guy?s zipper wide open and was being given a hand job by his partner. Wow!"

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    just copped via Academy here:

http://www.academyannex.com/blog/?page_id=2&category=18&product_id=914

thanks Horse & Frank, can't wait to listen!

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts

Tomorrow you will be able to click on the image to add to your cart. For now just send an email to this address:

academymailorder(at)gmail.com

Price is $18.00

many thanks for the info!
    but now i?ve just pre-ordered directly in Germany, should be here within a week aswell!

• where to cop in NYC?

You're in town M**c?

Indeed I am. I got in pretty late on Tuesday. Wanted to make it to Savalas, but dinner went late and we were pretty beat. Grabbed a copy @ Academy today though. looks GREAT. I'll have to wait until I get home to hear it though.

• Honest jons are completely sold out on this & have back ordered....i shouldn't have slept!