TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Hmm, amused as I am, I'm not convinced about this.
    Barca want to buy Villa as well so you're looking at, what 60+ million being spent which I'm not sure they have. Would Cesc even get in their team as well as struggling to think who he would replace (no diss on him, just the quality and permanent state of their midfield). Add to this that a replacement for Ibrahimabitch is surely more pressing than a creative midfielder and I think he may be burning his bridges a little early.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Hope you're right.
    While we've also got plenty of midfield options, Fabregas is head-and-shoulders above the rest, and probably the best in the Prem at what he does. Young Jack Wilshere, while looking promising, is still what, 15 or something stupidly young?

Maybe Wenger will un-earth a new wunderkid with Cesc's ability coupled with steel shins.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Aside from a piece of silverware, and his boyhood club, not sure why Cesc would be in such a hurry to go to FCB.

the kid is like 23 and has at least 7 more years of good football left (barring injury). FCB have a very strong midfield line-up, and even if he goes, that just means that FCB now have to figure out how to play Xavi/Iniesta/Cesc. One of those dudes gets the short end of the stick, and Cesc at 3 yrs younger than Iniesta will be the one. So Cesc leaves from captaining Arsenal to playing a full game once every 2 weeks or so?

The trophy argument is kinda silly too. Lets say Cesc leaves and FCB win la liga next year (again). Unless he is playing full time, it will be like Hleb just riding the bandwagon to CL trophy. Not sure that is that satisfying. If he wants to pin his hope on the CL with FCB, so be it, but it seems like a rather lame excuse for a way off of Arsenal. Not to mention, the gap from 2nd to 3rd in La Liga was damn near 30pts this year. Leaving a more even league like the PL to basically play against Real Madrid 2 times a year seems like a step down.

But alas, every Arsenal fan knows this day will come sooner or later. He has 4yrs on contract left, so FCB are going to have to show some serious cash/transfers for him. Figure in this inflated market he is 40-50M alone and 35M plus a Yaya Toure type of player.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    bar?a had ''promised'' not to go after him
    he would be a bench warmer/75th min sub just like on the spanish national team
    he should stay and be the central focus

the mourinho thing seems like a no-brainer but
    galacticos offensive football and mourinho..win first defense are not compatible
    unless real actually gets smart...but i'd rather not
    think of capello who made them winners but still got the boot

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Thoughts on Clegg making some power moves?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/pol...ry-1976426.html

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Just a smokescreen while they privatize the Royal Mail.

Lib Dems are late to the ideological party it would seem. :roll:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Still finding it hard to comprehend either of Blackpool or Cardiff in the EPL.

Blackpool were in town to further progress towards the EPL - Forest had to better them by 2 goals in order to prevent this.

Unfortunately Forest were not up to the task (having themselves over-achieved already vis-a-vis their predicted mid-table dwelling before the season began).

Benidorm-without-the-sun to accommodate prawn-sarnie munchers? A misty-eyed Abramovich on the tram saying it reminds him of his time as a Russian orphan?

Didier Drogba propelling a dodgy dart at the fair in order to win a "Diamond eyes" skeleton key-ring?

These are the things money cannot buy.

At the o2, Sardy neet, like:

Carl Macintosh doe or some "Tribute-way" to the OG? Vrai Tetes to speak.

PS Skel will get you there muy rapido.

For some reason this seems like Jimster-nip:

Guardian's got a 'best goal of 2009/10', and this one is odd. Check the trajectory. Doesn't make sense.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts
    At the o2, Sardy neet, like:

Carl Macintosh doe or some "Tribute-way" to the OG? Vrai Tetes to speak.

If I wasn't set to spend a big chunk of Saturday watching the missus and her mates try to cure cancer by running round Regents Park, I'd be up for a bit of that.

I'd imagine that Macca is the sole o.g. member inasmuch as he has the rights to the name. Steve Nichol reportedly went mental after years on the shouting powder, to such an extent that he's permanently banned from the premises of EMI Music Publishing, and Jane Eugene gave it all up for love.

As for Atlantic Starr, I've no idea who does what for them these days. I expect a couple of Lewis brothers are hanging in there, but I know the days of Barbara Weathers and Sharon Bryant are long gone.

Shout out as well for the first sighting of the term "urban contemporary" since about 1987.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Which goal was the weird one?

That Lukaku is a beast though. 6.4 and only 16, tipped as the 'new Drogba'. The Belgians will have a good squad in a few years time.

Have you seen these?

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Just got back from holiday to see I didn't manage a miraculous Fantasy League recovery. Someone post a picture of Mike and Rich and I shall make it my avatar as promised. If I win the Fantasy World Cup I get to change it back and if I finish lower than Senior I will change it to the picture of his choice.

Found out i'm going to be at a friend's stag-do in Poland for the first England game of the World Cup, finally i'll be able to live the dream of throwing plastic chairs around a European square. It's going to be grim.

Yes! Wb el_sparko. I'd ideally like the version with Peter in there as well. Since the board crash I can't find it though - anyone got it to hook it up?

Save it for the site relaunch (6 days away)...

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Random pics from the last couple of weeks, apropros of nothing

The tree top walkway at Kew

I fusking love Kew gardens

Next door to work

Boutique digger investment vehicle?

These are everywhere in London right now. Decorated in all manner of fabulous shades. I dig it.

Goth old school comms centre, Charing Cross

Local cemetary, a great place to chill

Don't get me started.

Sigh

Seeing the bridge go up is always a thrill

PAGING CHIZZLE

OST OF THE YEAR
    Streetdance 3D
    Teh lulz or must-see?

Dang, gutted at missing this

Found this stash at the back of a goth clothes shop
    50p britfunk 12s for days

• Next door to work

coincidentally, on sunday i was in the island from which marconi sent his first cross water transmission. didn't see a plaque, but there was huge seagull colony which made it feel just like hitchcock's "the birds".

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts

enjoyed that. road rap is good clean fun.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    What were you doing in a goth clothes shop? Suit by day, makeup and Bauhaus records by night?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yes! Wb el_sparko. I'd ideally like the version with Peter in there as well. Since the board crash I can't find it though - anyone got it to hook it up?

sry Mr Shears.

Which goal was the weird one?

Free-kick at 3mins. Hits with inside of foot, yet it moves in the air in the opposite direction. Very odd.

sry Mr Shears.

Sweet. Cheers MOke.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    What were you doing in a goth clothes shop? Suit by day, makeup and Bauhaus records by night?

Ha. Nah, we're in this high street, the woman wants to go on some extented schmutter dig - Next, H&M, Promark for all I know - "Will you come in with me?".

Yeah, right. Off for an exploration of the locale, down the side street and thought the goth shop looked.... LOLworthy.

Lo and behold, dude has two lower bunks full of vinyl. Seems he bought a few bootsale job lots "but I took all the good stuff out for meself - Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, that kind of thing".

Nothing rad, but certainly bits I would not hesitate to pick up for cheap.

enjoyed that. road rap is good clean fun.

There's a thread on there headed "Greatest Wiley quotes" or something which had me in tucks, even though I only understand about two-thirds of current "young person" speak.

Just reading through this now. I'd never even heard of Road Rap before which makes me feel sadly disconnected from my local rap experience.

This is excellent:

what with UK Hiphop becoming completely backpacker and only being listened to by magic-mushroom taking, skateboarding, beard having white people in their late 20s.

Please tell me what Rode Wrap is doe because I cannot read no more txt msg english painful to me eye innit doe.

As far as I can tell from the clips on there it's just UK rap that isn't grime, throwback(packer) jazzy loops, or the horrible hip house stuff that's dominating the charts at the moment.