TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Well done LEFTY!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Wall Street Journal: Britain Votes

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Bottom left - is that Chizzle's caravan?

Jimster please speak on this. One track of very together samba fusion. The whole of side 1 given to one continuous track of instrumental proggy funkish jazzy psych w/ orchestral interludes. Bizarrre. The point where King jumped the coked-out shark or some wholly necessary outpouring of conceptual genius?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Bad luck Senoir, Chizzle.

Yeah was never really in doubt. Obviously could do without suspect sendings off but I don't think it would have made much difference in the long run. Sure we'll break that league title record sooner rather than later anyway. Now need Wayne to not do anything for a month. Which shouldn't be hard for him.

Congrats Lefty!

b/w

Got pipped to the post in my other league by the guy in second scoring over 200 points in May. Gutted.

Bonus b/w

El_Sparko, I believe Mike,Rich & Peter are oiled and ready.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

So poms, whats it gonna be, The Conservative Democrats or the Liberal Conservatives?

Con-Dem'd

Looking like it, and the last time I vote Lib Dems if they go through with this.

Last day of the season, and I avoid relegation!

• bollocks result.

i couldn't even get into the europa league.

and i knew i should have shipped out tevez for drogba last week...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Missed out on a Europa slot but still cracked 2000 points without fielding Uni*ed players.

Well done Lefty doe for walking the walk.

Jimster please speak on this. One track of very together samba fusion. The whole of side 1 given to one continuous track of instrumental proggy funkish jazzy psych w/ orchestral interludes. Bizarrre. The point where King jumped the coked-out shark or some wholly necessary outpouring of conceptual genius?

Yeah, had this since it came out, I ride on the whole.

MK generally ridiculed outside the world of muso-dom, specifically for the crimes of wearing bass higher than knees and playing bass too fast, but I suspect he doesn't give two f*cks at a rolling doughnut.

Fast slapping aside (It's a smoke-and-mirrors trick; not really that hard to do once you have gained egress into the temple) he plays fingerstyle grooves like a motherf*cker and there are plenty on this set to jam along to. He drums on this too, no? Not massively keen on his singing, but he's a big Jack Bruce fan and uses this set as a nod to him.

Also did good things for British equipment manufacturers like Trace Elliot amps, Status and JD basses, and guys who put LEDs in fretboards.

I suspect vrai tetes already know this, but the early L42 stuff is chock full of grooves. Nodding nuggets in there easier to find than say, panning the rivers of Shakatak (the grooves are there but often lost amongst hella detritus).

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    !-My countdown widget - HTML code - mycountdown.org -->
    !-end of code-->

Definitely need a separate WC/Fantasy thread. Who do? Only 32 days to go, we need to start that Meriman baiting soon so please to hurry the eff up and get thread instated stat.

Jimster thanks for the feedback on the Mark King. Possibly a keeper. I took in a raft of L42 albums recently, alas all lacking real bite and depth, all destined to become part of the charity foodchain soon.

Possibly a keeper.

Would appeal to bass players I would suspect. Would look good as waxidermy down the Bass Centre in Wapping.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Premier League Champions 2004/5?

Champions League Champions.......

here we go

wait

um

carry on

First day in 1,098 of not being Champions.

Roll on next season.

Yeah, can't wait for next season to start! Who will win? Will it be Chelsea? Or will it be ManPoo? It's all so exciting!!1!!1!!!!

:eyeroll:

First day in ?716.5 million of not being Champions.

Roll on next season.

On 11 January 2010, shortly before an announcement that Red Football's debt had increased to ?716.5 million ($1.17 billion),[19] Manchester United announced their intention to refinance the debt through a bond issue worth approximately ?500 million.[20] The annual interest payable on the bond came to approximately ?45 million per annum, but the bond will not mature until 1 February 2017.[21] Contained within the bond prospectus are covenants which will allow the Glazers to filter large sums of money out of the club to repay the PIKs by 2015. These include the carving out of ?95 million in cash, the sale and lease-back of the Carrington training facility, and the ability of the Glazers to pay themselves 50% of the Consolidated Net Income of the club every year[/b].

Nice work if you can get it.

While Manure's debts have been under the microscope for a while, I really would like to know just how much money Wenger does or doesn't have to spend.

Chelsea still have a strong squad, but age has to catch up with them soon surely.

Can Spurs make this a regular occurence, or will it be a one-off?

I know it's early, but I'd fancy Chelsea to win it again next season. Bookmark now for future LOLz.

Yeah, can't wait for next season to start! Who will win? Will it be Chelsea? Or will it be ManPoo? It's all so exciting!!1!!1!!!!

As far as I can remember, United were meant to finish below Arsenal, Citeh, Chelsea and Liverpool this season.

According to whom?

C'mon son!

I'd just like to put it on record that I am never playing FF ever again. Having to sit there knowing I would benefit from a good performance from players like Etherington and Lampard has left me feeling mentally unwell.

• Yeah, can't wait for next season to start! Who will win? Will it be Chelsea? Or will it be ManPoo? It's all so exciting!!1!!1!!!!

As far as I can remember, United were meant to finish below Arsenal, Citeh, Chelsea and Liverpool this season.

at the start of the season the sky sports graphics had the top four as liverpool, untied, chelsea and city. idiots.

arsenal would have done better if van persie hadn't spent yet another season mostly injured.

So I've probably got enough cash to pick up one more record this month before I need to think about bills, or the new govmnt's cuts and tax hikes reduce me to penury, and I have my beady eyes on 3 likely looking comps:

http://www.soundsoftheuniverse.com/releases/?id=19471
    Next Stop? Soweto
    Volume Two: Soultown, R&B, Funk & Psych Sounds From The Townships 1969-1975

1. j.k mayengani & the shingwedzi sisters ? khubani
    2. the monks ? blockhead
    3. the klooks ? nkuli's shuffle
    4. phillip malela ? tiba kamo
    5. the mgababa queens ? akulalwa soweto
    6. the heroes ? funky message
    7. bra sello & his band ? soul tie nzimande go
    8. mahotella queens ? wozani mahipi
    9. the s.a move ? skophom
    10. the soul prophets ? soul 'imbaq'
    11. the toreadors ? gwinyitshe
    12. down tones ? back home soul
    13. bazali bam ? bazali bam
    14. the heroes ? come with me
    15. phillip malela & the movers ? intandane
    16. soul throbs ? little girl
    17. electric six ? can you feel it
    18. the heshoo beshooo group ? wait and see
    19. the anchors ? last time
    20. flaming souls ? mosquito
    21. the grasshoppers ? iam there
    22. gibson kente ? sauva

From the soundclips, an interesting mix of afrobeat, jazz, and vaguely psych orchestral sort of stuff.

http://www.soundsoftheuniverse.com/releases/?id=19282
    Kon and Amir
    Off Track Volume Three: Brooklyn
    BBE

Worth it for the beef alone?

http://www.soundsoftheuniverse.com/releases/?id=19193
    California Funk
    Funk45s From The Golden State : A Selection Of 21 Ultra Rare Cuts
    Jazzman

I've already got one of the better tracks on 45.

A question for Mario: that track Enjoy Your Life that appears on the vinyl version of Off Track vol.3 is also on a certain dodgy comp of Caribbean & Afro funk tunes that I know you have (as you recommended it), and I wondered if you could speak on sound quality - any discernible difference?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Just get mpfrees of all three, so you can spend your money on some original vinyl. Preferably purchased direct from a celebrity digger, or failing that, at least some kind of boutique or vinyl emporium, where they act all snooty and yell at you for even thinking about looking at your phone.

I'd just like to put it on record that I am never playing FF ever again. Having to sit there knowing I would benefit from a good performance from players like Etherington and Lampard has left me feeling mentally unwell.

So don't play any Chelski or Stoak. YOU CAN DO IT!

Maybe try one of the following:

Attempting to beat Duder using only players from the bottom half of the table

Attemting to achieve a final team score of exactly zero points

Attempting to beat Duder using only players that are as white as Harvey Canal

Ha!

I'm tempted by:

Attempt to beat Duder and achieve a final team score of exactly zero points.

No cry for attention intended, I just really can't face watching with interest the results of games like Hull v Bolton ever again.

I might devote the time I would have spent reading sky sports previews each week on a more constructive activity like knitting or learning makaton.

So anyway S****, how do you rate Milwall's chances in the play offs? We did all we could to get you automatic promotion.

We came so close in last year's play off final, but now having lost our mojo in the last three games, crucial momentum has been lost. Resigned to another season of lumpy parks football versus the likes of Tranmere and Brentford.

• A question for Mario: that track Enjoy Your Life that appears on the vinyl version of Off Track vol.3 is also on a certain dodgy comp of Caribbean & Afro funk tunes that I know you have (as you recommended it), and I wondered if you could speak on sound quality - any discernible difference?

Pick it up on Off Track 3. Nik Weston's bootleg 12" of it is not worth picking up IMO & the french comp is OOP, but i don't remember recommending it . Send your pennies straight to Jesper for OT3 as well if you're on a tight budget.

Duder don't buy these bits of chud schmutter.

Come digging with me, we'll scavenge around the chazzas, I'll hip you to a couple of 'off the beaten track' boutiques, we'll have a nice cuppa at at chic cafe and compare 20p finds with the ill covers and interesting stains. We'll be digging buddies, like how Meriman rolls.