TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Fair play, that should put other players off moving to Citeh

Real or shopped?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Can't see many of the current Arsenal crop jumping ship to Citeh. Richer teams outside England maybe, but not Citeh.
    Who would they want anyway, apart from Cesc? And the idea of him turning down Barca to go there, is just lol'able. Arshavin? I doubt it, but imo for enough $$ they can have him. RVP? Nope. Gallas? nah.

I would be gutted however, if Flamini ends up there.

Real or shopped?

Real.

Here's the Citeh players who opted against the Justin Bieber look.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Juventus have asked Rafael Ben?tez for a decision on his career plans within the next 10 days as they attempt to finalise their shortlist to succeed Alberto Zaccheroni at the Stadio Olimpico

What do you think Doc? Time for a change?
    Liverpool's form this season looks like burn-out after the exertions of last year, but they've had cash and spent, but maybe not so wisely.

*takes a very deep breath*

My potted analysis of The Benitez Years, for all it's worth.

The pinnacle (and quite a pinnacle it was, whichever way you slice it) was That Night In Istanbul, where we prevailed with what was, to all intents and purposes, a Houllier team save for Xabi Alonso and Luis Garcia (the less said about Antonio Nunez, the better). They may not have played so much like a Houllier team, but he's fixed that since.

The next time we made the CL Final (and again, it was still an impressive achievement), some of us began to question Rafa's much-vaunted tactical nous after he subbed Mascherano and allowed a hitherto comparatively subdued Kaka back into the game, which led to the better footballing side losing as per 2005.

I don't believe we're any further along now than we were when Houllier left. With the exception of the CL, everything we've won under Benitez, we'd won under Houllier, with whom you at least believed the continued failure to win the league was a source of genuine frustration. With Rafa, European success has always seemed the greater priority, and I now believe it's because he isn't capable of putting together a team with the strength and consistency to challenge for the league over the course of a whole season. One game a fortnight for a few months either side of Christmas? Yeah, he can manage that easily enough and, to be fair to Rafa, our European record is now better than it's been since the days of Bob Paisley. But when you think that a guarantee of fourth place (which now looks like a very reckless promise) is going to be enough to keep you in a job at Anfield, you are officially presiding over some pretty dark days in footballing terms.

Now we all know Houllier signed some proper shite, but again, you at least believed he genuinely thought players like Bruno Cheyrou, Anthony Le Tallec and Titi Camara were capable of making the grade, even if nobody else did. FFS, Djimi Traore and Igor Biscan ended up with CL winners medals - think of all the great players who never managed that. Rafa, on the other hand, has now begun to blame the scouts for the failure of players like Alberto Aquilani to make a mark. So, all the widely-circulated speculation and reports about Aquilani being a perma-crock who'd probably pull a hamstring getting off the plane at John Lennon International...Rafa was the only one who never saw them? It was the scouts fault we replaced one of our best players with someone we knew wouldn't be able to kick a ball in a red shirt for the first three months of the season? This is the man who's demanding an ?80m war chest to rebuild the side? Where's the side you built in the first place, you cunt? Shall I mention the five players we signed at the start of last season, two of whom have since been sold and another frozen out and on his way ASAP? That's on top of at least a dozen other signings who've been binned off after barely a season in many cases - Kromkamp, Josemi, Paletta, Leto, Gonzales (shame about him, though), Morientes (signed three seasons too late), Sissoko, Bellamy, Voronin, Crouch, Pennant, Carson...sorry, what was that you said about "a long-term vision for the cloob"?

Then there's the atrocious boardroom shenanigans that appear to be taking us nearer and nearer to a financial apocalypse. There's a school of thought which maintains that all we need to do is get shut of Hicks & Gillett, and it'll be f*ckin' rainbows and f*ckin' unicorns and magic all up in this bitch. Much as I admire the Spirit Of Shankly crew's ambitions for a future LFC run along the lines of the Barca model, they said the same thing about Rick Parry. If it wasn't for the fact the club can't afford to sack Rafa and his backroom staff, he'd have been gone months ago. There's a lot of talk about the loyalty of the fans being the difference between Rafa and the dole this season, but I genuinely don't see any possibility of significant improvement in the future if he stays. Every time we've done well this season - every time - the fleeting pleasure I've taken in a good result has been tempered by the near-certainty that we'll be throwing away two or three points the next time we play.

Still, our worst season in decades >>>> Everton playing as well as they've ever done under Moyes, and to what end?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Do you think the physical like for like (lanky, shortbrow and scarhead) was intentional or a random coincidence.

God the Mail site is a horrible thing to navigate round though did find this:

Juventus have asked Rafael Ben?tez for a decision on his career plans within the next 10 days as they attempt to finalise their shortlist to succeed Alberto Zaccheroni at the Stadio Olimpico

What do you think Doc? Time for a change?
    Liverpool's form this season looks like burn-out after the exertions of last year, but they've had cash and spent, but maybe not so wisely.

*takes a very deep breath*

My potted analysis of The Benitez Years, for all it's worth.

The pinnacle (and quite a pinnacle it was, whichever way you slice it) was That Night In Istanbul, where we prevailed with what was, to all intents and purposes, a Houllier team save for Xabi Alonso and Luis Garcia (the less said about Antonio Nunez, the better). They may not have played so much like a Houllier team, but he's fixed that since.

The next time we made the CL Final (and again, it was still an impressive achievement), some of us began to question Rafa's much-vaunted tactical nous after he subbed Mascherano and allowed a hitherto comparatively subdued Kaka back into the game, which led to the better footballing side losing as per 2005.

I don't believe we're any further along now than we were when Houllier left. With the exception of the CL, everything we've won under Benitez, we'd won under Houllier, with whom you at least believed the continued failure to win the league was a source of genuine frustration. With Rafa, European success has always seemed the greater priority, and I now believe it's because he isn't capable of putting together a team with the strength and consistency to challenge for the league over the course of a whole season. One game a fortnight for a few months either side of Christmas? Yeah, he can manage that easily enough and, to be fair to Rafa, our European record is now better than it's been since the days of Bob Paisley. But when you think that a guarantee of fourth place (which now looks like a very reckless promise) is going to be enough to keep you in a job at Anfield, you are officially presiding over some pretty dark days in footballing terms.

Now we all know Houllier signed some proper shite, but again, you at least believed he genuinely thought players like Bruno Cheyrou, Anthony Le Tallec and Titi Camara were capable of making the grade, even if nobody else did. FFS, Djimi Traore and Igor Biscan ended up with CL winners medals - think of all the great players who never managed that. Rafa, on the other hand, has now begun to blame the scouts for the failure of players like Alberto Aquilani to make a mark. So, all the widely-circulated speculation and reports about Aquilani being a perma-crock who'd probably pull a hamstring getting off the plane at John Lennon International...Rafa was the only one who never saw them? It was the scouts fault we replaced one of our best players with someone we knew wouldn't be able to kick a ball in a red shirt for the first three months of the season? This is the man who's demanding an ?80m war chest to rebuild the side? Where's the side you built in the first place, you cunt? Shall I mention the five players we signed at the start of last season, two of whom have since been sold and another frozen out and on his way ASAP? That's on top of at least a dozen other signings who've been binned off after barely a season in many cases - Kromkamp, Josemi, Paletta, Leto, Gonzales (shame about him, though), Morientes (signed three seasons too late), Sissoko, Bellamy, Voronin, Crouch, Pennant, Carson...sorry, what was that you said about "a long-term vision for the cloob"?

Then there's the atrocious boardroom shenanigans that appear to be taking us nearer and nearer to a financial apocalypse. There's a school of thought which maintains that all we need to do is get shut of Hicks & Gillett, and it'll be f*ckin' rainbows and f*ckin' unicorns and magic all up in this bitch. Much as I admire the Spirit Of Shankly crew's ambitions for a future LFC run along the lines of the Barca model, they said the same thing about Rick Parry. If it wasn't for the fact the club can't afford to sack Rafa and his backroom staff, he'd have been gone months ago. There's a lot of talk about the loyalty of the fans being the difference between Rafa and the dole this season, but I genuinely don't see any possibility of significant improvement in the future if he stays. Every time we've done well this season - every time - the fleeting pleasure I've taken in a good result has been tempered by the near-certainty that we'll be throwing away two or three points the next time we play.

Still, our worst season in decades >>>> Everton playing as well as they've ever done under Moyes, and to what end?

Awesome. I suddenly feel so much better about our season this year.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    v. quiet here.

-R?

Ha ha I didn't think it was worth sticking the boot in as I was up for Arsenal making a fight of it. Watching it in the pub last night where the crowd were split 50/50 Spurs and Arsenal, it was impressive to hear the reaction of both sides when Silvestre started warming up.

VP looked like he still had skills for days. Gomez proved once again why you can be a fantastic shot stopper but still not have the confidence of your team.

I also personally think Almunia was to blame for the opener, great strike but why the hell did he punch it?

Campbell almost became my supersub on FPL but was denied once again.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Meh.

You Do Something To Me: 51-year-old Modfather Paul Weller gets engaged to his girlfriend of 24

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...l#ixzz0lAxTGgHh

GL or NAGL?

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Vermaelen out for three weeks. Three weeks of Tweety.

Van Persie was great though but it's still a bit depressing.

Ha ha I didn't think it was worth sticking the boot in as I was up for Arsenal making a fight of it. Watching it in the pub last night where the crowd were split 50/50 Spurs and Arsenal, it was impressive to hear the reaction of both sides when Silvestre started warming up.

VP looked like he still had skills for days. Gomez proved once again why you can be a fantastic shot stopper but still not have the confidence of your team.

I also personally think Almunia was to blame for the opener, great strike but why the hell did he punch it?

Negatives: Almunia. Flapper, Rose's admittedly brilliant shot seemed to go straight through Almunia's hands. Silvestre is our 6th choice CB, utterly shite, played Bale onside for the second goal, would rather Wenger played Sagna there and Eboue at RB. None of the Arsenal forwards wanted to have a crack at goal until Van Percy came on, and showed us what we've been missing for five long months.

Positives: Van Percy came on and showed us what we've been missing, but should have come on at half-time as we were a different team with him on the pitch. Campbell had a great game - I'm sure the constant barracking focused his mind, and in the dying minutes he still had the energy, and GASP the pace, to outrun and disposses Gareth Bale down the wing.

We should be second FFS. Big opportunity missed, but just as Senior is having to get used to it, local derbies for L'Arse look like they might be a bit more interesting after 10 years of unbeaten dominance.

Vermaelen out for three weeks. Three weeks of Tweety.

F*ck, I totally forgot about Vermaelen. Another f-ing injury to one of our better players.

Yeah it must be said that the Spurs v Arsenal matches are quickly becoming my must watch games of the season. Highly entertaining mixtures of spats, skills and screw ups.

Weller's girlfriend looks like a 40 year old bit of rough with a Cameron style photoshop gloss applied.

He was denied TWICE! Nearly got a flukey goal off his knee from a corner in the opening ten minutes, and near the death when we had been laying seige to the Spuds with 81% possession, Sol had a header from a corner tipped on to the bar by Gomez who was doing his best impression of Almunia's first half heroics vs Barca...

If Sol had scored, I can't think of a player that would have deserved it more considering the tasteless sh*te he's had from the Spuds fans for all these years, no matter which club he's been at.

Yeah if history has taught me anything a denied Campbell header is pretty much a guarantee that he's going to be on the losing side in a match. The SolMan did step up impressively, I was discussing it with an Arsenal supporting mate last night and I really don't think it's an embarrassment to have brought him back, just a shame that the squad is depleted to such a point that he's now first choice.

We also agreed that Silvestre should really only be making appearances when the youth team are too depleted to make up the Carling Cup squad. It was kind of depressing to watch my friend's prematch hopes get washed away like tears in the rain as the match unfolded.

I'd really like to see Arsenal play with their first team for at least two thirds of next season so we can finally get a measure on how good they are vs potential.

finally get a measure on how good they are vs potential.

I feel they must be quite good to be in 3rd spot despite the injuries we've had to key players. Maybe the constant injuries will, in the long run, be for the good of the whole team; as we haven't been able to rely on our first choice players, all those squad members that might have been reduced to cup players and subs have had to step up and prove their worth, and while they haven't always done so, they've surely improved more than they would playing in reserves games.

Nah, I'm gutted that for the majority of the season, I haven't seen this:

Sagna Gallas Vermaelen Gibbs
    Ramsey Song Fabregas
    Nasri Van Percy Arshavin

All fit, that's the team I would've been down the bookies to back against Barca.

Will Cesc be there next season? Surely not?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Bennitez to Juve?
    Cesc to Bar?a...secret meeting,how sure are you they are assured??

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Thank god Wenger puts players over 30 on 1 year contracts. Silvestre kicked out without any trouble, I really had rather he brought Eastmond on.

One of most alarming things about the game was Rosicky's shooting ability. Before he arrived and when he first got here he was firing in long shots for Czech Republic and us but yesterday he seemed to be aiming for the ball boys in the corner.

I really don't think it's an embarrassment to have brought him back

He's been more consistent than this season's other high-profile free transfer

Couldn't resist.

Little Michael was just finding his feet when it all went wrong for him again.

Considering the injury list for United and Arsenal for most of this season it's pretty appalling that Chelsea haven't walked the title.

Shame they're going to be added to the list of double winners for this season.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Pompey for teh cup!!!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Cesc to Bar?a...secret meeting,how sure are you they are assured??

The thing is Barca don't need Cesc right now. They already have the best club side going. He's more the long term replacement for Xavi, who's only what 30? but still looks pretty lively. If Arsenal have come to some agreement that Cesc will definitely be sold to them eventually, and they wont be tempted by the $$ offers others may make, it makes sense for Barca to FINALLY STFU about him 'returning home', every f*cking transfer window.
    Besides, Cesc seems pretty happy at Arsenal & and loyal to the club & Wenger. He's also the Captain and central focus of the team, if he went to Barca now he's not even guaranteed a place in the starting 11.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

As I was recalling Semjase last night, the penny dropped.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    YES

Looks like his ring's been saturnised

btw jimster did you manage to rip those three tracks from soundcloud?
    Lordy, I have become a techwiz and found that it is possible to email mp3s - who knew?

Anyone see the debate last night? Bit juicier than was anticipated.
    Aye, Clegg did well. Can't get with the name doe. Too much baggage vis a vis cloth capped professional Yorkshiremen talmbout Nora Batty-R.

But at least there's a cat among the pigeons now, and some gimmer of hope for all those of us who are demanding of the proportional representation thing.

Watching it now (WFM-R) in ITV HD. Gordon Brown is being done absolutely no favors by the higher definition - his head looks even bigger and he appears to have dandraff on his jacket.

I was hoping the higher signal rate would finally give a suggestion that Cameron has ever shaved, no good. The man comes across as even more slimy and fake than normal.

Clegg is coming across very well but noticed that he's addressing the camera rather than the audience.

f*cking answer questions with an example thing is becoming very tedious and only 20 minutes in.

See Paddy Backdown is hailing his boy Nick Clegg.

I don't really see what was so memorable about his performance other than he's not Gordon or Cameron.