TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    young hyped=wallcott

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    totti that lowlife still breathes
    he may be the most overated of all time

his attitude when his team was losing inCL and he was injured was a disgrace

I am seriously struggling to think of any other player who is continuously hyped at that level before every major tournament yet fails to deliver each and every time. Despite years of piss poor performance for England, Gerrard is exempted as he did perform in the CL the year Liverpool won it.

furthermore he shits on his team when he loses after contributing nothing
    except a few dives and whine-jobs

portugal vs brazil will be EPIC

dunga has already started the controversy

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    the CL,race to the top in BPL and Liga and the world cup
    I am loving this spring/summer soccer combo

next topic who is the most overated WC player
    a-robinho
    b-Cannavaro
    c-all german strikers
    d-add on

Robbie will turn it on for the WC, no doubt. Then come back to City and whinge.

German strikers usually have good WCs no?

I vote Thierry Henry.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

Senior seconds that motion.

However, top scorer for France? Prem League, FA Cup/double?
    He's not exactly sh*t.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yes I thought it was a given that he would be top of my where-were-you-when-i-needed-you big game flops.

Very far from shit but, as far as European and World cup knockout competitions go, cometh the hour, leaveth the man. Apart from against Ireland obviously.

where-were-you-when-i-needed-you

Apart from against Ireland obviously.

Vindicated.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    the CL,race to the top in BPL and Liga and the world cup
    I am loving this spring/summer soccer combo

a-robinho
    b-Cannavaro
    c-all german strikers
    d-add on

Robbie will turn it on for the WC, no doubt. Then come back to City and whinge.

German strikers usually have good WCs no?

I vote Thierry Henry.

WESLEY SNEIDER[/b]

WESLEY SNEIDER[/b]

Whut? Seemed to live up to the hype against Chelsea.

Which reminds me of mine:

Saint Steven of Me[/b]

Wank Lampard[/b]

young hyped=wallcott

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Yes I thought it was a given that he would be top of my where-were-you-when-i-needed-you big game flops.

Very far from shit but, as far as European and World cup knockout competitions go, cometh the hour, leaveth the man. Apart from against Ireland obviously.

Good goal.Exception that proves the rule?

I'm casting my mind back and I seem to recall Reyes being absolutely outstanding that evening.

Basically, if you judge it on performances in cup and tournament finals I think Henry wins by a landslide.

Yeah we are speaking on biggest big-game chokers. He might have set the prem alight, but his contributions for La France can be summarised by his shameful dives and pertinent handballs.

Yeah, you guys are right. Henry only scored good goals against shit teams...

Great goals, which cup finals were they in again?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I?ve never played in Spain and never will. This is my last contract. - Thierry Henry, May 2006

during the latter half of the final was his playmaking influence stifled by the effective marking of Berti Vogts, while Franz Beckenbauer, Uli Hoene?, and Wolfgang Overath dominated the midfield, enabling West Germany to win 2?1.[18] Cruyff[/b] received a yellow card during half time for talking to the referee.

Yeah, never won a WC, failed to take the game by the scruff in the final. Bottled it. Never won a European cup with Barca. Obviously over-rated then.

Come come. I think even the most ardent gooner would admit TH never played at his Arsenal level for anyone else.

Come come. I think even the most ardent gooner would admit TH never played at his Arsenal level for anyone else.

There are plenty of great, well-rated players that fall into this category.

Henry became a prolific striker and Arsenal's all-time leading scorer with 226 goals in all competitions[/b]. The Frenchman won two league titles and three FA Cups with the Gunners; he was twice nominated for the FIFA World Player of the Year, was named the PFA Players' Player of the Year twice, and the Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year three times[/b]. Henry spent his final two seasons with Arsenal as club captain, leading them to the UEFA Champions League final in 2006. In June 2007, after eight years with Arsenal, he transferred to Barcelona for a fee of ?24 million. His first honours with the Catalan club came in 2009 when they won the league, cup and Champions League treble. Later he would go on to achieve an unprecedented sextuple by also winning the Spanish Supercup, the UEFA Supercup and the Club World Cup. Henry has been named in the UEFA Team of the Year five times[/b].

Henry has enjoyed similar success with the French national squad, having won the 1998 World Cup, Euro 2000 and 2003 FIFA Confederations Cup[/b]. In October 2007, he surpassed Michel Platini's record to become France's top goal-scorer of all time[/b].

A lot of stupid players and writers then?

Obviously over-rated. I think the fact that he's correctly known as Le Ego has ruffled some feathers... see past that, and he will go down in history as one of the best players of his era.

Ronaldo is also a preening cock of the highest magnitude, he failed to dazzle against Barca, but I'm not going to try and argue that he's over-rated. He's a top, top player, as Steve McClaren would say.

during the latter half of the final was his playmaking influence stifled by the effective marking of Berti Vogts, while Franz Beckenbauer, Uli Hoene?, and Wolfgang Overath dominated the midfield, enabling West Germany to win 2?1.[18] Cruyff[/b] received a yellow card during half time for talking to the referee.

Yeah, never won a WC, failed to take the game by the scruff in the final. Bottled it. Never won a European cup with Barca. Obviously over-rated then.

I don't think I've ever said that he was anything else but a highly talented player. However, a sign of a truly great player is for them to take a crucial game by the scruff of the neck and make the difference. Henry didn't do it. Sure he won a final with Barca but his contribution, to put it bluntly, was shit. His performances for France in the WC Finals have been poor for a player regularly regarded as one of the best players to ever play in the premier league, particularly when you take into account that he was being supplied balls by Zidane.

My point is that Henry is 32 years old, has been considered a great player for 11 years, has appeared in three world cups, played for some of the best teams in Europe and been in numerous finals both domestic and international and yet has NEVER been player to step up and make the difference in a final. He could have in the CL for Arsenal against Barca but bottled it.

They're not like for like and I'm in no way saying that C. Ronaldo is a greater player than Henry talent wise but, since you brought him up, he is 25 and has already scored in a CL final, a league cup final and an FA Cup final.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

They're not like for like and I'm in no way saying that C. Ronaldo is a greater player than Henry talent wise but, since you brought him up, he is 25 and has already scored in a CL final, a league cup final and an FA Cup final.

He's never won the Confederations Cup though.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    its afact he chokes in big games
    every writer in france acknoledges
    when i heard the ireland game was tight and he scored in the end i was impressed for once
    but then saw the goal
    oof:

step up and make the difference in a final. He could have in the CL for Man U[/b] against Barca but bottled it.

And I don't think Henry has been great for a few seasons since his back injury... around the time that Wenger sold him to Barca really.

He's never won the Confederations Cup though.

LOL. Vindication!

CR7 has already shown his indubitable skill in the Prem and for Real but this year is his chance to do a Figo. He's not choked per se so far, but neither has he pwned a game.

I can't think of the last time an England player up macked doe. Roon[/b]aldo, can you hear that?

Maybe Stevie G when teh Pool came back from the dead. Otherwise, our recent WC encounters have been played with a confidence as fragile as gossamer.

step up and make the difference in a final. He could have in the CL for Man U[/b] against Barca but bottled it.

I'm sure he'll have many more opportunities and I seem to remember him putting in a couple of decent performances on the way there no? Barca 2009 >>> Barca 2006 anyway. So there.

The last time I can think of an England player stepping up and making waves at an international tournament was possibly Rooney in Euro 2004? He'd got 4 goals in the previous two group matches and was causing all sort of panic (admittedly it was only the Swiss and Croatia) before he got injured in the first half against Portugal.

I can't think of the last time an England player up macked doe.

Gazza vs Belgium. Oh, you said recent. Becks vs Greece qualifier?

Best recent individual performances I can think of were 2006 Zidane vs Spain, were despite an early Spanish goal, everybody in the stadium, including the entire Spanish squad, knew that the game hadn't kicked-off until Zidane started playing, where-upon he proceeded to run tings, and Zidane vs Brasil, were he basically 'out-Brasilled' Brasil, going beyond merely runnin' tings, to dispensing a footballing masterclass, and all of this at the supposedly over-the-hill age of 33.

If he'd only placed that header in the final either side of Buffon instead of straight at him...

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    I think it's a bit unfair to say Henry choked against Barca in the final. After the red card he was pretty much isolated up front as Arsenal hoofed balls to him and he had to constantly try and take on the whole defence himself or hold up the ball for 5 minutes, I thought he did a decent job in the circumstances. He hasn't done anything great in the finals but I don't think it takes away too much from him as a player.

I also really hope Vermaelen's red card is overturned and that the FA don't reject it and add another match on for a frivolous appeal. If that happens then please play Song in defence, Tweety must not be allowed in the stadium.

Becks vs Greece qualifier?

Hour/Man interface, but really, the game should have been put away without the need for such drama. It wasn't 90 minutes of The Beckham Show IIRC.