your first LIVE CONCERT

2»

Comments

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    apparently i was at bob marleys last US concert with my parents but I have no memory of it since i was a baby. the first show i remember though, my dad took me to see millie jackson and bb king who were playing at a boxing match, so weird, and of course i fell asleep during bb king and was wide awake during millie jackson.
    we went to any concert i asked to though when i was little, he spoiled me for sure, michael jackson, prince, hall and oates private eyes tour, live aid, the amnesty intl tour, madonna, the beastie boys and Public Enemy, LL Cool J, Van Halen

• Mek_JaggerMek_Jagger 322 Posts
    B.A.D. / Schoolly D / London Posse @ S.F.X. centre Dublin - Oct. 31st 1986.

still have the audio.
    heres dj.code money rockin Undefeated 3 and Al-Naafiysh :

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    THIS IS AWESOME FOR A THREADPOST DIGGING IT ALL

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Off the top of my head:
    Genesis

hoho... wanted to keep this secret but this was my first show, too... my dad liked them and took me along, must have been around '81. I was 14 and very impressed by the light show. About a year or two later, I went to my second concert, this time all by myself which was T??dliche Doris (a bit like Einst??rzende Neubauten), met some new friends there who took me to see the Gun Club on the next week. From then on I went to see bands pretty much every weekend.

• Some funny stories in this thread...

Mine was Bruce Springsteen in 1989 at 11 years old. My Mom was going with some friends when one cancelled and she took me instead. I remember I brought a lot of Donald Duck magazines in a bagpack in case I would be bored during the show. The security looked at me like my Mom and I were crazy and were trying to sneak something into the stadium where the concert was held.

My first show where I went alone was Ice Cube in 1991. The most memorable thing was probably that I almost pulled YoYo off the stage when she was giving fives to the audience.

Peace,

Dress

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Willie Dixon at Chicagofest, August, 1979. This was a now-defunct outdoor festival down on Navy Pier. The opening act was a Milwaukee, WI blues band called Short Stuff.

I went to Mayor Jane Byrne's Chicagofest (her name was everywhere!) in 1982. What a great festival! Saw Chick Corea and Gary Burton on the jazz stage and also some great blues guys whose names I can't remember.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Galliano on an open air stage in Hamburgs city park. Must have been 1992 or 1993 and it was raining all the way through. Caught a cold but it was worth it.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    First concert Double bill... Lenny Kravitz and the Cult. Kravitz was in his Cab Driver faze... around 91'.

Latest concert: Ice Cube followed by Toots and the Maytals this past Tuesday.

Tonight: Sharon Jones.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Ramones with Joe Jackson warming up, Wollman Rink, Central Park, 1979.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    As far as big bands go... I can't remember exactly which year (89/90/91) but it was in Vancouver at the Expo centre & it was Metallica, I went with my older cousin, I was only young (11/12/13). After that it was probably SNFU or All (I don't remember who was first they were around similar times) in the mid 90s. That was back in New Zealand. I had family in Vancouver so would go stay there pretty regularly through to the mid 90s when they all moved back to NZ. Nice city. Good for skateboarding & snowboarding.

• real young (read: 4 or 5) going to see the beach boys when they played at my dad's work (it was at some kind of GM plant) outside on a lawn- mid 80's.

• boodooboodoo 28 Posts
    JOAN JETT and the BLACKHEARTS ... Carowinds Paladium 1982, bitches.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I went to my dads gigs as a child & I was at a Santana show in my moms belly. My first was some punk show in the mid 80s. Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers was my first actual concert. Summer of '88. The Wailers opened and it was an outdoor show. Much herb blowing around.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    The Offspring, on my own, outdoor summer show in Munich, Germany in 1999 (8th grade - late concert bloomer). Some crappy punk bands opened.

Now I see live music 2-3x a week.

LOL just read that first sentence over.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    My grandmother took me to see Liberace at the Steel Pier in Atlantic City in the early 60's.

Saw Vanilla Fudge at a High School in 1968.

First "real" concert I went to by choice was Led Zeppelin at Madison Square Garden in 1970....two nights in a row.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but how were Vanilla Fudge??

Loud.

"You Keep Me Hangin' On" for 35 minutes.

Very cool to my young ears.

• flyfly 18 Posts
    dam theres some good ones in here

mine was huey lewis and the news
    he he

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Loggins & Messina, HIC, Honolulu, 1976

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    "You Keep Me Hangin' On" for 35 minutes.

Very cool to my young ears.