R.I.P. SACER IRAK aka Dash Snow

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
Hate him or love him, dude was an original for sure, and he will be missed. Rest in power, homie.http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/14/dash-snow-new-york-artist-dies-at-27/?hp

Comments

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Sad. Life is too short.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Wow. Damn. 27?

I sold him an ESG record once. Didn't know the guy well but he seemed to be a chill cat the few times we crossed paths.

Man... Rest In Power.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    R.I.P.

but for christ sakes people

grow up and stop doing drugs

• ReedReed 97 Posts
    Damn, can't say he wasn't asking for it. Those dudes are always pushing the boundaries

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    ^ Umm a little insensitive in a RIP thread about he guy.

• r.i.p

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    ^ Umm a little insensitive in a RIP thread about he guy.

i don't think it's out of line. i am sure he was a good guy and i respected his art and hustle. it is widely known what he died from and all i am saying is you can avoid going out like this...

but if you feel i am in the wrong lets just leave it at my R.I.P.

legend for sure

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Legend may be strong, but this is significant. And sad.

As for bringing up his addiction/cause of death, this is a little different than an MJ death.

Look, dude's story and background were as much a part of his art as the papers of his collages, or his name on a bridge. Heroin was a part of that, as a way of rebelling against his upbringing. And, it is his cause of death.
    As many close to him predicted it would be.

This is sad, and tragic, and a loss of talent, and a father, and a son, and an artist.

RIP

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    My comment was addressed at Reed not you Behemoth and it was more the tone he used.
    I've had a few good friends succumb to drugs and i guess it cuts a little raw to hear of another talented young man go so early.

• Guy had an eye.

• ReedReed 97 Posts
    My comment was addressed at Reed not you Behemoth and it was more the tone he used.
    I've had a few good friends succumb to drugs and i guess it cuts a little raw to hear of another talented young man go so early.
    I can't really have a tone on the internet but i meant that in the best way possible. I was a fan of his art for the record

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Guy had an eye.

I hadn't been familiar with him until this thread , check out this polaroid:

Don't know if that was photoshopped but if not it is pretty . great shot

• TensTens 27 Posts
    R.I.P SACER

He was in the graf video 5a.m. that my homie made.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Guy had an eye.

I hadn't been familiar with him until this thread , check out this polaroid:

THAT'S HEAVY.

R.I.P.