Daddy O' breaks down "Top Billin" for me.....

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
Audio is not to great but here ya' go.........

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    very cool. thanks.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Great story

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    hahaaa, that's dope as hell.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Interview TAKE-OVER ... Classic ... It's funny, I remember when you were saying you wanted to stop DJ'n ...

• lelandleland 43 Posts
    Wow, that was cool! Thank you for sharing that, glad you never stopped! The music they made on machines with such limited capabilities is truly a thing of wonder!! I always tripped on those drums, that weird, simple pattern does the trick to this day.

...and for the sampler nerds, the sp12 actually does retain its user created samples via a lithium battery after power-down. Obviously, if you don't back-up to disk/cassette, you lose them when you sample new ones. I always wished the SP1200 did that!

The standard SP12 has 1.19 seconds sample time and the Turbo has 4.76 seconds.

The commodore drive sucks, this is taken from the SP12 manual in regards to saving:

Note: This takes a very, very, very, very, very, long time if you have a Turbo SP-12
    and the User sound memory is full. While waiting for the sounds to be saved, you
    have an excellent opportunity to learn a new language, become an airline pilot, or
    take a brief overseas vacation. And we might as well warn you now...you may need
    two disks to save all the sounds. If so, the display will ask you to insert Disk #2; press
    YES to continue the saving process. Cheer up, though it doesn???t take anywhere near
    as long to save the second disk as the first one. The slow operation is inherent in the
    1541 drive, not the SP-12.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Nice interview hijack D!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    very cool. thanks.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    dexter palace? as in gene?

dope video though d

video and voice recognition of gene confirmed.