Thoughts at 10K

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
Probably means I have too much time on my hands.At times I wonder why an old crusty dude like myself is hanging out in a place like this.Here???s why???..Thanks to all of you who respond to my sometimes ridiculous price checksThanks to folks like O-Dub, Stacks, DrWu, 16Corners, Rootless, JP, etc, etc for their thoughtful and informative posts on social and personal issues.Thanks to Ed Powers, GP, Phill, KK, Batmon, Motown, Yuichi, GV etc., etc for dropping sports opinions and knowledge nuggets.Thanks to Kris, SOI, Karlophone, Fishfunk, Frank, Moark, etc, etc, for your finds posts that assure me there is still stuff out there in the wild.Thanks to Pickwick, SOI, Hook-Up, SoulMarcosa, etc, etc. for sharing your infinite record knowledge.Thanks to DB, Fatback, JLR, Gary, Einstein, etc. etc. for making me laugh and lightening up some dark days.Thanks to DJSheep and everyone else who documents their travels in photo so I can live vicariously through you.Thanks to SS for introducing me to some fine folks IRL that have become good friends.Thanks to you left wing loons who remind me where I once was and why I???m not there today.Thanks to Raj for making this all possible.I know I've left some folks out but there are just too many to mention.Not sure if I???ll reach 20K but the first 10 have been enjoyable.Thanks Soulstrut.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Not sure if I???ll reach 20K but the first 10 have been enjoyable.

I hope so. Great having you around. You're mad decent for a baby boomer.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Not sure if I???ll reach 20K but the first 10 have been enjoyable.

When the Fatback baby boom revolution comes, you'll be way at the back of the line of folks getting put to the wall.

b/w

Still need to buy you a beer, R***! One of these days I'll make it to Texas. I swear.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    WHITE GUCCI BELTS FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Rock.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    thanks to you for your parenting advice...obsucre record sharing, great record dealing and texas restaurant knowledge

• Not sure if I???ll reach 20K but the first 10 have been enjoyable.

We don't always see eye to eye, but you are real (serious) people. Hope you stick around for another 10K.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    I for sure am glad you showed up and stuck around. Thanks for all the knowledge dropped, and I always look forward to checking out your finds. You pick up a lot of records I wouldn't look twice at, but now I might ;-)
    Hope you make it to WFMU this year, we'll do it up proper.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    congrats on 10K!

record knowledge? shit, you have forgotten about more records than I have ever seen...you are a bonafide big dude...you were reissuing raers when I was excited finding Blue Cheer LPs...

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    left-wing loons represent!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Rock's favorite song! Enjoy it in good health, you big sissy!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I could be wrong, but I think you're the only one who hasn't changed your avatar in 10,000 poasts.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    I remember when you registered & racked up more posts in a few days than i'd manage to do in several months.

Ive got 300 posts from 4 years active duty so I think it would take me over a decade to reach 10k lol.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Here's to another 10K.

Seriously, I love your posts (most, anyway) and love the fact that your not afraid to take your own stance, unpopular or not. I don't always agree, but I don't always agree with my friends. That's what makes them interesting.

Hoping my football schedule brings me out Dallas way, and we can meet up.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I'm glad you keep posting on here and that I've gotten to know you a little in the real world. Thanks for sharing your finds and keeping all of the little dudes in line.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    You're the fukkin dude, Rock.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Thanks to you left wing loons who remind me where I once was and why I???m not there today.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    thanks for being here rock! you are a good man and an inspiration.

peace, stein. . .

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Rock, you and your ponytail are two elements that make SS a better place.

20K on the horizon!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Yo Rich, you are definitely one of the stand up guys on here, all the best from down here in NZ & hopefully I'll make it back to Texas sometime sooner rather than later.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I wanna know why I wasn't shouted out as a "sports knowledge" head

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    thanks for being here rock! you are a good man and an inspiration.

word - learning at the feet of the elders

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Rock = SS legend

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

cause your a left wing loon....

Congrats on the longevity Mr Rock. Dont agree with you politically, but I do like and respect your musical knowledge and contributions on here. Hope I make it to 10 K one day....

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Rock,

Congratulations on 10K man!!! You're a major presence here on the 'Strut and it's a better place because of it. I hope to meet you in the "real world" someday, get some dranks, and shoot the shit about records. I look forward to your next 10,000 posts.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Did you notice you were the ONLY person I mentioned twice.

Doesn't matter what I do, you find a reason to bitch about it.

Is it possible you're really my Mother-In-Law incognito?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    LOL

I gotta play my role!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    While I don't often see eye to eye with Rock on political/economic issues, I have grown to appreciate him over the past few years, mostly for his deep love of the digging game. Decades after he got into collecting, he's still taking "digging" vacations. I admire his joy at finding something new and his generosity in sharing that with the soul strut community. And though I have never had a chance to meet Rich, I can see from his ARC posts that he is down for the people. Always arranging get togethers to "burn one down" and share some record knowledge. May we all learn from his example.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    synopsis of unagreeable politicial stances, please...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Rock sides firmly with both Whitey and The Man. And he wants you the get off his lawn, damn it.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

It's called the 'search' function. Use it.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

It's called the 'search' function. Use it.

hey, at least I said "please"...