Thoughts at 10K

2»

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    synopsis of unagreeable politicial stances, please...

Rock sides firmly with both Whitey and The Man. And he wants you the get off his lawn, damn it.

I definitely side with The Man.....most of the idiots I've met in my life were white so not so much on the Whitey thing.....and my lawn looks like shit, you can run around on it all you want.

Here's your synopsis Duke.

I'm 51.....30 years ago I was a long haired dope smoking left of left liberal loon that would have made LaserWolf proud.

Thirty years later I've worked my ass off, raised a family, experienced a lot in life and have become somewhat conservative on some issues, remained pretty liberal on others.

I'm now a long haired 51 year old dope smoking grown ass man who thinks for himself and doesn't align with either the far left or far right.

Some folks here apparently can't deal with that.

The general left leaning atmosphere here politically is "If you're not with us 100% you're against us".

I rarely voice my liberal opinions here as it would be the equivilent of a gang bang.....when I voice opinions that are center or right of center it freaks some folks out.

That's why for a few years I was labeled "evil Republican" even though there was no truth to it whatsoever.

I've only been called Republican 4 times though since November when I voted for Obama.

There are quite a few people here who I truly enjoy discussing social issues with, even when we don't agree.

There is an age gap, generation(or 2) gap, call it what you want...but I get the last laugh because I know there is a much greater chance that some of you will evolve into where I'm at than vice versa.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I'm glad you keep posting on here

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Rock.

I think you're as wrong as can be on criminal justice and death penalty issues, but I'm used to disagreeing with folks, up to and including our president, on those issues.

Thanks for sticking around. Maybe with 10,000 more posts, we'll get you to change your mind back. Kinda doubt it, though.

Love through music,

JRoot

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Rockadel is my dude, and i don't say that about too many republicans. i actually don't say that about too many democrats either, but that's beside the point. thanks for all the mexican beverages bottled in used containers you sent me after the Eagles beat snot bubbles out of your beloved Dallas Cowchips (we can do that again in '09, brotha... just say the word and it's ON). and really special thanx for that great Wizards Of Kansas joint. Matter o' fact I still owe you on that one, so you call it... philly cheesesteak? utz pretzels? hit me on the PM and that can be hooked up, just let me know.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    dont ever leave man! youre a legend!

and im honored if my feeble finds have been in any way motivational to you. ill keep trying to dig up stuff from the ever drying landscape, if only to spur you (and all) on to keep looking. IMO the best finds are yet to come... the biggest nuggets are buried the deepest..

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    MORE INTERNET BASKETBALL TRASH TALK COMING AT YOU IN THE NEXT 10,000 POSTS! YOU DA MAN.