That next schitt from Germany

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central

Comments

• chimachima 33 Posts
    "Ossama dachte er w??r totalit??r doch dabei ist er nichts wert wie ein kaputtes gewehr"
    [...]
    "und dann wurde es uns klar dass er noch am leben ist denn die geiseln wurden immer noch vermisst"

• cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
    My eyes and ears are bleeding. My brain tried to escape thru the rear end backdoor.
    OMG this is so bad.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Props to the moment at 1.44 when the guy actually manages to stay on the beat.

Probably come up before but, bias aside, I just can't ever imagine German being a language that lends itself to rap, anyone care to post examples to prove me wrong?

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    ...I just can't ever imagine German being a language that lends itself to rap, anyone care to post examples to prove me wrong?

You're right, german isn't the best the language for rap music. I have a hard time thinking of german rap the equals the quality of the american/british/french rap I listen to.
    The already mentioned tracks are decent, but I think you don't get the appeal of it if you don't understand the lyrics.

I'm sure a lot of people will disagree, but I think this one is an example for german rap at it's best:

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    There is a some decent German stuff, and loads of crap. Same game in other languages, including English.

I like this (unfortunately, the funny OG videoclip is not available anymore).

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts

"F??hre ein ??bermenschendasein wie ein Regenschirm" is quite funny.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    [Faux]Please delete this thread[/Faux]

"Terrorismus" is hilarious though. I almost made it to the end. When he rhymes "Melanie" with "Therapie" I had to laugh out loud. Saw Syllabill and Huss & Hodn last weekend. They rule right now. If one can ever say this when it comes to German rap.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

this mildly funny video is posted so randomly that it's nearly offensiv. It's a shame that your first association with Germany is some nazi sh*t. You definetly should come over here and convince yourself, that there has been something before 1933 and after 1945.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

• this mildly funny video is posted so randomly that it's nearly offensiv. It's a shame that your first association with Germany is some nazi sh*t. You definetly should come over here and convince yourself, that there has been something before 1933 and after 1945.

What happened in Germany between 1933 and 1945?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

What happened in Germany between 1933 and 1945?

Michael Jackson was Number one on the local pop charts for the whole time with his song "Heal the world".

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    This was a thread about German rappers, not Austrian assholes, give dudes a break. You don't have to mention Nazis every time someone brings up anything German. No one ever brings up the war when Japan is mentioned, or Italy.
    And I'm IN NO WAY saying forgive and forget, but crying "NAZI" at the mention of anything slightly Germanic doesn't help anyone.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    This was a thread about German rappers, not Austrian assholes, give dudes a break. You don't have to mention Nazis every time someone brings up anything German. No one ever brings up the war when Japan is mentioned, or Italy.
    And I'm IN NO WAY saying forgive and forget, but crying "NAZI" at the mention of anything slightly Germanic doesn't help anyone.

This is spot on. That said, that video was pretty damn funny to me.

"Do we really need a Cleveland spin-off?! He's not even the funniest character on the show!"

cut to crying woman in hallway

"It's OK, Anna. I'm sure it will be great."

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

I'm sure a lot of Euromen will disagree, but I think this one is an example for german rap at it's best:

this mildly funny video is posted so randomly that it's nearly offensiv. It's a shame that your first association with Germany is some nazi sh*t. You definetly should come over here and convince yourself, that there has been something before 1933 and after 1945.

BEEN HAD GERMANY.

• MurcMurc 15 Posts

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Fatback, sometimes you make me question the mental stability of record collectors, but I would seriously like to thank you for posting that. f*cking hilarious. I sat here laughing the whole way through. Insane or not, that was definitely worth at least an over-the-pants handjob for posting it.

Let dukeofdelridge know when you're ready to collect on that btw.

I recognize that if you speak German that is not at all funny. And that many people find anything related to that man immediately offensive and repulsive. I can also see that the randomness of posting it here could be taken like someone mentioned--I just can't bring myself to go over to those MJ threads anymore. I go to Germany all the time. I love their Turkish food.