PALIN resignation?

Comments

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    Maybe Willow Palin is preggers with A-Rod's baby?

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    Palin has to be the most entertaining thing coming out of US politics in a long while. I truly hope she will run in 2012 but I doubt it. Still, there's always Ron Paul..

*edit forgot to post this*

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    Maybe Willow Palin is preggers with A-Rod's baby?

Somebody call A-Rod or R Kells!

• Palin has to be the most entertaining thing coming out of US politics in a long while. I truly hope she will run in 2012 but I doubt it. Still, there's always Ron Paul..

*edit forgot to post this*

people have too much time on their hands.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Oh man, that speech was insane. Something's about to break. 7 minutes of rambling and dancing around around the point. Reminded me of Sanford, except without the pay off of "which brings me to why we're here." I watched the whole clip and I still have no idea why this will save Alaska money, or why we need to sub out the point guard or whatever.

Btw, the trig "attack" is covered here. Obviously not a reason to step down, but I do think there's enough material on her and her adult family that it's kind of tasteless to go at Trig (or willow for that matter).

• Oh man, that speech was insane. Something's about to break. 7 minutes of rambling and dancing around around the point. Reminded me of Sanford, except without the pay off of "which brings me to why we're here." I watched the whole clip and I still have no idea why this will save Alaska money, or why we need to sub out the point guard or whatever.

Btw, the trig "attack" is covered here. Obviously not a reason to step down, but I do think there's enough material on her and her adult family that it's kind of tasteless to go at Trig (or willow for that matter).

i don't read wonkette, so i don't know how the tone of the article compares to the rest of its coverage, but the "attack" is that some dudes who live in their mom's basements tried and failed to turn her son who has down's syndrome into a meme? that's some amateur hour bullshit.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    She's not retreating, folks. She's advancing in another direction.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    She's on some Sun Tzu schitt.

• She's on some Sun Tzu schitt.

She wouldn't know Sun Tzu if he popped out of a plate of lo mein and ran down her leg.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Wow.... her "good ole boy" talk just sounds so fake, especially now

• Oh man, that speech was insane. Something's about to break. 7 minutes of rambling and dancing around around the point. Reminded me of Sanford, except without the pay off of "which brings me to why we're here." I watched the whole clip and I still have no idea why this will save Alaska money, or why we need to sub out the point guard or whatever.

i don't read wonkette, so i don't know how the tone of the article compares to the rest of its coverage, but the "attack" is that some dudes who live in their mom's basements tried and failed to turn her son who has down's syndrome into a meme? that's some amateur hour bullshit.

They didn't do anything of the kind. They photoshopped the face of some local Republican weasel onto a picture of her holding her baby, i.e. making fun of the guy, not the baby. Palin and her spokestroll then said that the bloggers were "desecrating" a picture that had become a "symbol" for the love of a mother for her special needs child, i.e. another steaming plate of utter bullshit.

• I don't see what's so difficult to understand about why she resigned.

• TensTens 27 Posts

She wouldn't know Sun Tzu if he popped out of a plate of lo mein and ran down her leg.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    THIS WOMAN IS A COMPLETE FUKKING MANIAC.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I don't see what's so difficult to understand about why she resigned.

Please do enlighten us.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I watched the whole clip and I still have no idea why this will save Alaska money, or why we need to sub out the point guard or whatever.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Please do enlighten us.

Because now she can pile up the dough speaking, and concentrate on running for President in 2012. I agree with Rick, it seems pretty obvious to me, but then, I haven't watched her speech today. Probably a shrewd move in spite of herself. What does she get by staying in another 12 months? Running a state just gets in the way of campaigning. I wish I was making a clever crack, but I really think that's the way she sees it, and she's probably right.

I just hope to God she doesn't get anywhere near the race. Good Lord.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

Please do enlighten us.

Because now she can pile up the dough speaking, and concentrate on running for President in 2012. I agree with Rick, it seems pretty obvious to me, but then, I haven't watched her speech today. Probably a shrewd move in spite of herself. What does she get by staying in another 12 months? Running a state just gets in the way of campaigning. I wish I was making a clever crack, but I really think that's the way she sees it, and she's probably right.

Honestly, this makes no sense whatsoever.

Any campaigning for president won't begin for a couple of years, why resign now?

If she wants to gear up, her people can begin the work for this while she is still in office. Now she is just in limbo - no job or platform from which to speak. Plus, if this was a strategic move, why the haste and the nonsensical rambling speech? If this was a first step in a presidential campaign we would have heard a carefully scripted statement.

This was a move of desperation, and I believe that we will soon see the reason.

Please do enlighten us.

Any campaigning for president won't begin for a couple of years, why resign now?

If she wants to gear up, her people can begin the work for this while she is still in office. Now she is just in limbo - no job or platform from which to speak. Plus, if this was a strategic move, why the haste and the nonsensical rambling speech? If this was a first step in a presidential campaign we would have heard a carefully scripted statement.

I haven't seen the speech, and just because someone has made a decision based on strategy doesn't mean they have the stuff to carry it out. I am just stating what I figure is the most logical conclusion. The fact that she bungled her first speech may just mean that it will be a repeat of her embarrassing VP bid. Unless there is some unlikely controversey on the horizon (which I highly doubt, I wish there was), she is running for Prez.

As for her platform, it's the same as it ever was: Base conservatism, whatever they want to hear, she will be feeding them. She will be the ANTI-Obama. And running a state was just not feeding her ambition anymore, she has bigger fish to fry. Her base won't care that she resigned, because she will tell them she did it for THEM. And they will love her for it.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I haven't seen the speech, and just because someone has made a decision based on strategy doesn't mean they have the stuff to carry it out. I am just stating what I figure is the most logical conclusion. The fact that she bungled her first speech may just mean that it will be a repeat of her embarrassing VP bid. Unless there is some unlikely controversey on the horizon (which I highly doubt, I wish there was), she is running for Prez.

As for her platform, it's the same as it ever was: Base conservatism, whatever they want to hear, she will be feeding them. She will be the ANTI-Obama. And running a state was just not feeding her ambition anymore, she has bigger fish to fry. Her base won't care that she resigned, because she will tell them she did it for THEM. And they will love her for it.

You don't decide to run for president all on your own. She would be doing it within the context of the Republican Party and they would be handling it, including approving the speech, the timing, laying the groundwork etc.

She didn't bungle her speech (watch it), there was no real speech. She just rambled incoherently - it was painful to watch.

If this was a presidential bid a team of political handlers would have orchestrated all of this.

If it's not a sex tape or fatal illness, it's a federal indictment.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

or all three!

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

Please do enlighten us.

Come on - the last thing you want to do when considering running for president is to QUIT the only office of note you've ever held! She's either a complete idiot (even dumber than we thought) or "something is up." I'm betting on the latter.

You don't decide to run for president all on your own. She would be doing it within the context of the Republican Party and they would be handling it, including approving the speech, the timing, laying the groundwork etc.

She didn't bungle her speech (watch it), there was no real speech. She just rambled incoherently - it was painful to watch.

If this was a presidential bid a team of political handlers would have orchestrated all of this.

Well, the nomination is a long way off, the Republican party doesn't make the decision of who throws the hat in. That's up to whoever has the nuts to run, and that takes money, and that's what she's going to concentrate on. I could be wrong, I would LOVE to think that she has some kind of trouble on the horizon, but I think that is simply wishful thinking.

She's going to announce at some point that she is running for the GOP nomination for President of the USA, that is my prediction. Mit Romney will have a fight on his hands.

• rookrook 357 Posts
    i couldn't even make it a minute into that video.

it's great that she won't be in charge of my state anymore, but i do fear the republican resurgence of 2012 during the mayan calendar end.

for right now though, she's just some kind of crazed loose cannon bitch with lazer eyes and a vermin tongue convinced she is the true voice of something.

• the rumour is she may be about to indicted in relation to this:

THE $12.5 MILLION sports complex and hockey rink that is the lasting monument to Palin's two terms as Wasilla mayor is also a monument to the kind of insider politics that dismays Americans of both parties. Six months before Palin stepped down as mayor in October 2002, the city awarded nearly a half-million-dollar contract to design the biggest project in Wasilla history to Kumin Associates. Blase Burkhart was the Kumin architect on the job-the son of Roy Burkhart, who is frequently described as a "mentor" of Palin and was head of the local Republican Party (his wife, June, who also advised Palin, is the national committeewoman). Asked if the contract was a favor, Roy Burkhart, who contributed to her campaign in the same time frame that his son got the contract, said: "I really don't know." Palin then named Blase Burkhart to a seven-member builder-selection committee that picked Howdie Inc., a mostly residential contractor owned at the time by Howard Nugent. Formally awarded the contract a couple of weeks after Palin left office, Nugent has donated $4,000 to Palin campaigns. Two competitors protested the process that led to Nugent's contract.
    A list of subcontractors on the job, obtained by the Voice, includes many with Palin ties. One was Spenard Builders Supply, the state's leading supplier of wood, floor, roof, and other "pre-engineered components." In addition to being a sponsor of Todd Palin's snow-machine team that has earned tens of thousands for the Palin family, Spenard hired Sarah Palin to do a statewide television commercial in 2004. When the Palins began building a new family home off Lake Lucille in 2002???at the same time that Palin was running for lieutenant governor and in her final months as mayor???Spenard supplied the materials, according to Antoine Bricks, who works in its Wasilla office.
    Todd Palin told Fox News that he built the two-story, 3,450-square-foot, four-bedroom, four-bath, wood house himself, with the help of contractors he described as "buddies." As mayor, Sarah Palin blocked an effort to require the filing of building permits in the wide-open city, and there is no public record of who the "buddies" were.

http://www.villagevoice.com/content/printVersion/673217

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    This woman took a lot of cheap shots during the election, trying implicate Obama with "terrorists" and generally stirring up fear over nothing. I hope she gets crucified by the media for whatever she's done. Let it rain.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Do you people honestly find her that attractive? I just don't see it.

• I don't see what's so difficult to understand about why she resigned.

Of course you don't. Those endless gasps for air were a secret code understood only by people of a similar twisted and limited intellect.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Please do enlighten us.

Ch#is. You've prolly seen it by now and you can agree that this woman is totally unhinged. There's no way she's running in 2012. She's done. Best that she can shoot for is adjunct position at Liberty University.