PALIN resignation?

DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
Stepping down in a few weeks? This is so un-Palin. What's really going on here?

Comments

• she was flamed by that vanity fair article and the ensuing fallout but yeah, you'd think that would only embolden her. i am guessing there is a huge scandal about to break or she has just been offered tens of millions by rupert murdoch to star in her own fox news program....its way to early for her to be preparing for a run in 2012.

something tells me this is about to get ugly...

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    youngEINSTEIN Said:

interesting?

peace, stein. . .

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    "I'm taking my fight for what's right in a new direction," she said, as her family looked on.

Mrs Palin did not reveal what she intended to do after leaving office, and did not give an explicit reason for her decision not to run for re-election.

But in a written statement, she made it clear that once she had decided not to run again, she did not want to hang on in office until her term expired.

"Once I decided not to run for re-election, I also felt that to embrace the conventional Lame Duck status in this particular climate would just be another dose of politics as usual, something I campaigned against and will always oppose," she said.

i truly hope she runs in 2012
    for the sheer entertainment value

• interesting?

very. she is arguably the most prominent republican on the scene and she is expected to run in 2012. this week she was exposed to some major league scorn by vanity fair and the politico courtesy some of her former advisers and high level operatives in the republican party. now this sudden resignation part way through her first term at the end of one her worst press weeks ever? its baffling...it's almost as if the republicans are melting down before our eyes

VF article:
    http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2009/08/sarah-palin200908

but the real goods are in this article:
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/24392.html

any predictions?

• holy F*ck was her statement convoluted....her basketball analogy is beyond belief

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shannyn-moore/sarah-palin-resigns-as-al_b_225515.html

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    There's something very fishy going on here. She seemed mad panicky in her presser. It kinda reads as though she's trying to get out in front of a big-time scandal, but I want to wait and see what happens in the aftermath.

• She seemed mad panicky in her presser.

is she in the midst of a nervous breakdown? notice how she is almost gasping for air, her tone is pinched and the pace of her speech is so speedy....something is up!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

The video looks like a drag queen on meth doing a Sarah Palin impersonation.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    My wife has a student (university level) who can not write a coherent sentence. Just a string of unrelated clauses with random punctuation. She then peppers everything with lots of "furthmores" and "thus". She then proceeds to provide nothing further or conclusions.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    My wife has a student (university level) who can not write a coherent sentence. Just a string of unrelated clauses with random punctuation. She then peppers everything with lots of "furthmores" and "thus". She then proceeds to provide nothing further or conclusions.

Your wife's student has a lucrative career as Sarah Palin's ghostwriter ahead of him/her.

Seriously, that presser was disjointed and barely coherent even by Sarah Palin standards. Something must be up.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Was Palin in Argentina recently, perchance?

• BWAAHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HO HO HO HEE HEE HEE HEE HE OMIGOD OMIGOD HAAAAAAAAAA WEEEEEEEEEEE HE HE HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEW.....I have to stop and catch my breath...OH NO....BWAAHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HO HO HO HEE HEE HEE HEE HE OMIGOD OMIGOD HAAAAAAAAAA WEEEEEEEEEEE HE HE HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BWAAHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HO HO HO HEE HEE HEE HEE HE OMIGOD OMIGOD HAAAAAAAAAA WEEEEEEEEEEE HE HE HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BWAAHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HO HO HO HEE HEE HEE HEE HE OMIGOD OMIGOD HAAAAAAAAAA WEEEEEEEEEEE HE HE HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BWAAHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HO HO HO HEE HEE HEE HEE HE OMIGOD OMIGOD HAAAAAAAAAA WEEEEEEEEEEE HE HE HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BWAAHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HO HO HO HEE HEE HEE HEE HE OMIGOD OMIGOD HAAAAAAAAAA WEEEEEEEEEEE HE HE HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/b]

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Sex tape coming soon....

• Sex tape coming soon....

Wouldn't that be perfect (on so many levels)???

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Just watched the press clip, she seems like she's having a breakdown.

• Just watched the press clip, she seems like she's having a breakdown.

She's either in REALLY big trouble, or has something up her sleeve like what's-his-face is out as head of the GOP and she's in. That thing where she keeps sucking in air is very disconcerting.

• covecove 1,566 Posts

i truly hope she runs in 2012
    for the sheer entertainment value

• this is nuts. there's gotta be something going down. even if she was thinking about running for senate as the VF article stated, she wouldn't need to give up her position yet. and if that is why she's backing out now, if she gets the senate seat, she'll have to bail on it early to make run for president in 2112. at that point, she'd have a history of flaking out during her terms, and would raise questions about how she would during a lame duck term/end of a term as president. that's not how you save the party.

• Who, exactly is making fun of her Down's syndrome child? Of course she also just invoked Jeebus and the troops. If this maniac ever gets close to the White House I predict mass suicides...

• Who, exactly is making fun of her Down's syndrome child?

i was wondering about this as well. i've not heard of/heard anybody saying this kind of stuff. i can't imagine a major figure making those kind of jokes in a public forum. as much of a stink as was raised about letterman's jokes, i can only imagine what it would be like if somebody of his stature made down's syndrome jokes.

i was wondering about this as well. i've not heard of/heard anybody saying this kind of stuff. i can't imagine a major figure making those kind of jokes in a public forum. as much of a stink as was raised about letterman's jokes, i can only imagine what it would be like if somebody of his stature made down's syndrome jokes.

That's why I call bullshit on her entire deal. She's always throwing up shit like that, especially her phony indignation about Letterman, suggesting that he was endorsing the rape of a child. She's a cynical, opportunistic scumbag, which is why the rapidly disintegrating GOP will try to run her in 2012...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    this is nuts. there's gotta be something going down. even if she was thinking about running for senate as the VF article stated, she wouldn't need to give up her position yet. and if that is why she's backing out now, if she gets the senate seat, she'll have to bail on it early to make run for president in 2112. at that point, she'd have a history of flaking out during her terms, and would raise questions about how she would during a lame duck term/end of a term as president. that's not how you save the party.

That's why I call bullshit on her entire deal. She's always throwing up shit like that, especially her phony indignation about Letterman, suggesting that he was endorsing the rape of a child. She's a cynical, opportunistic scumbag, which is why the rapidly disintegrating GOP will try to run her in 2012...

yeah, that's some questionable shit. she says people are making jokes, and then if anybody calls that into question and/or tries to show that no such jokes have been make, they look like assholes, and their actions can be spun into another "attack" on her character.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    That speech was amazing stream-of-consciousness nxet level.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I have no idea what goes on with her personal life or care about her conservative political agenda, but I have to say that a skirt suit can make even the most tight-assed looking woman very attractive. She has style, I have to give her that. Feel free to vomit now.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Republicans. Elect us and we promise to go AWOL on the job in Argentina and/or resign during mid-service and abandon our responsibilities. And we will try to spin it so that you think we are tending to our kids who need us.

B/W

a skirt suit can make even the most tight-assed looking woman very attractive. She has style, I have to give her that.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    sarah palin has a future as the next token bimbo host of The View. i've never actually watched The View, but I think I'm on to something.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    I don't even think she's going to run for president... and if she does she won't get very far... Im pretty sure about that.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    sarah palin has a future as the next token bimbo host of The View. i've never actually watched The View, but I think I'm on to something.

yea that makes perfect sense to me. haha... i can see it now.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    That lady sounds like she is on drugs. The GOP is such a f*cking mess right now. Remember when they would stun us with there controlled, media savvy political tactics. Say goodnight gracie. Obama has to be loving this right now.

I don't get why she resigned it can't really help with her political future.