I did it

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
I deleted that clusterfuck of a thread.Bad looks all round, from all of us who posted and this place deserves better.

Comments

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    now delete this one

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    NZ

sorry to say, your brain has turned to mush this last week.

Erasing history is the stuff of communist regimes, tinpot dictatorships, Nazi bookburners and religious fanatics.

This here internet record nerd chatroom is not so nebulous, but the principle remains the same.

Who are you trying to suck up to?
    Some asshurt mob grief folls?
    Some celeb dj boo hooing in caps lock?

Please.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    You're really comparing this to some Nazi censorship? Stop being retarded.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I stand by everything I said in that thread and am not particularly impressed to see it all swept under the carpet.

Still, I don't pay to poast here and will no doubt have forgotten about it by lunchtime as is the way with the fleeting importance of shit written on internet forums.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I was mid-way through the last two pages when my computer and router stopped working about an hour ago, I didn't realise that the BAN/DELETE was so powerful.

Yes I am comparing this to Nazi censorships. Deleting threads cos someone don't like them is a small pigeon-step on the foothills of a trail that leads to the Everest of Nazi bookburning.
    If you can't see that then too bad for you.

And please stop telling me to stop being retarded.
    I have a moody teenager to do that for me. Thank you.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

Yes I am comparing this to Nazi censorships. Deleting threads cos someone don't like them is a small pigeon-step on the foothills of a trail that leads to the Everest of Nazi bookburning.

And please stop telling me to stop being retarded.
    I have a moody teenager to do that for me. Thank you.

it's like Nazi book burning except only crap stuff like Jeffrey Archer.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Skel,

whilst i did not like the thread it was not the reason i deleted it. I deleted it because i thought we all came across as a pack of idiots.

then again...

maybe i shouldn't have, i dont know. one thing i do know is that real life is kicking my ass at the moment and my head is indeed spinning. i will be dipping out of here for a while to deal with life and when i return i will be back to my bitter old self.

I will buy you a beer in Amsterdam one day though, best believe.

• which thread was deleted?

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Anyone don't understand the relationship between history erasing and totalitarism? Re-read this.

• lepoohpoohlepoohpooh 296 Posts
    now delete this one

lmao

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

Erasing history is the stuff of communist regimes, tinpot dictatorships, Nazi bookburners and religious fanatics.

I have to agree, the thread was harmless enough in itself and could have provided a reminder to some to think before they type...

• lepoohpoohlepoohpooh 296 Posts
    godwin's law

Dang

I was hoping to shame NZ into re-upping the thread as I hadn't read it.
    Then re-delete for all that it matters.

Oh well, I'll admit defeat (something which dudes RARELY do on here).

A*an, hope whatever real world happenings go well for you

PM'd

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    I stand by the f*cking lot. I should have bought shares in Kleenex had I known the gravity of the event.

Al, may the wind be at your back.

REAL-LIFE MOVES >>>>>>>>>> Teh Strut.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I stand by everything I said in that thread

I don't really care about it being deleted, but there were a few sensible posts in that mess imo.

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts

I don't really care about it being deleted, but there were a few sensible posts in that mess imo.

Witches of Eastwick related??haha.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Soft

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

not sure what this refers to, but I insist on being Cher.

good grief.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    grafwritah is going to be upset. you took away the one thing he really started to care about.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Locking it is one thing; deleting another.

Seriously, two of the worst looks in there were by moderators. And, I like both of those dudes, but I don't like that they can just sweep things away when they act the fools. Seriously, Gary was straight schizo, throwing up some venomous shit, and then chuckling that people took it seriously. NZ's strategy was just bizarre.

And now, they have the power to erase that? Suspect, to say the least.

And, I'll act up on occasion, and I'd love to be able to delete that schitt. We all do, and we all say things we want to take back. Mods shouldn't get special rights to wipe the slate, lest it stink of impropriety.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    fyi

You can delete your own posts.

• Locking it is one thing; deleting another.

Seriously, two of the worst looks in there were by moderators. And, I like both of those dudes, but I don't like that they can just sweep things away when they act the fools. Seriously, Gary was straight schizo, throwing up some venomous shit, and then chuckling that people took it seriously. NZ's strategy was just bizarre.

And, I'll act up on occasion, and I'd love to be able to delete that schitt. We all do, and we all say things we want to take back. Mods shouldn't get special rights to wipe the slate, lest it stink of impropriety.

Maybe the time has come where Raj, and ONLY Raj can ban, because this shit has gotten way out of hand.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Locking it is one thing; deleting another.

Maybe the time has come where Raj, and ONLY Raj can ban, because this shit has gotten way out of hand.

How long before this thread just becomes THAT thread?

Seriously, just lock shit, no need to delete! Or you should have to post your pic actually deleting the thread.

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts

not sure what this refers to, but I insist on being Cher.

good grief.

I loved Cher in it!!haha!! But then again, i am a Michelle fan too.

Jack's Devil was Daryl Van Horn, i hoped there was some correlation.

The scene where the crazy religious woman vomited up the cherry pip's and was then beaten to death by here husband was car-azy!!

Or you should have to post your pic actually deleting the thread.

Hahaha YES!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Wow, I didn't think what I said was all that bad. I didn't tell him to kill himself ala noz v. mylatency. I just made it clear what a cowardly little bitch I think he is. He must have posted some awesome shit in one of those sports threads that I don't read, because I've only ever seen him come off as a self righteous, argumentative, whiner in every other thread that he's posted in.

I mean, was it any suprise that it was KVH that posted about rape and hour after michael was dead in a "RIP" thread? Its called "flaming". The intent of flaming to is get people mad right? Well, I got mad.

In the end it doesn't really matter. He isn't banned, so he can poast all he wants. If there is one thing that I've learned though, its that the internet really is anonymous, and I suppose was meant to stay that way. People were very offended at the idea of me demanding that he show his face. And although I personally find it to be cowardly to flame a message board and say shit you wouldn't have the balls to say in real life, there is no accountability for 1s and 0s which is all he is. He has no real face, and therefore is not be a real person. The internet is not how real converstations happen. How can they be legitimate when you can get away with saying whatever you want to whoever you want? People got upset with the threat of banning somebody who might as well not exist in the first place. People saw it as an abuse of power... I get it... but if he were banned he could log right back in with a new username and continue flaming... so I guess it is pointless anyways. The internet was made this way, it was stupid to think that I could be like "show yourself". There is no "Show yourself" on the internet.

Anyways...

I'm over it. I think I'll joining a few other folks in taking a strut break for a while. Don't cry, Mexicali Roses, I'll be back again some sunny dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Wow. Terrible moderation.

In the end, the community usually rights itself and there were worthwhile poasts in that thread by Junior, Birdman9, Grafwritah and others.

I honestly think that the board would be better off with no moderation than what we've got right now; most of the moderation-related problems that have occurred over the years have stemmed not from a failure to take action but from a moderator interfering in matters where no moderation was necessary or otherwise abusing his/her power.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    i got bant for ten days for calling that picture thread homoerotic as it had "strong eHarmony vibes". it's all comedy though.

who knows if KVH is a troll. shit was improper, but some people can't help resist calling out the 900 pound gorilla in the room. as far as mods deleting the KVH ban thread, yeah it looks bad as both Gary and Shadow were spazzing out pretty hard and the community finally called them out.

at the same time, you got to cut the two mods some slack. they clean up a lot of spammer messes in aisle 6, do the majority of sitewide housecleaning, and put a lot of unseen labor into keeping this thing running. this isn't something to get upset about.