BET AWARDS

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
This shit is incredible.Don Cornelious comes out of TV exile to present The O'Jays.Ne-Yo Killed Lady In My Life.The O'Jay tribute - Johnny Gill, Trey Songs, and Tyrese killed it.The MJ climate added some serious weight to this show.

Comments

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    The void is still way too present for it to feel like a party. The air is somber with mourning.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    JOSEPH WALTER JACKSON WHAAAAAAT ARE YOU DOING AT THE BET AWARDS???????

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im a Maxwell fan but this "comeback" single is wack.

The void is still way too present for it to feel like a party. The air is somber with mourning.

For waht was done on the fly, this has been one of the better BET Awards ever.

All my friends have been callin me about this show.

This is the "official" funeral.

• this is the shittiest award show ive seen. the sound is embarrassing. the talent seems pedestrian. the production is awkward. and why the f*ck is joe jackson there? he beat the shit out of mj. thats pretty much why he became a reclusive ped-o.... come on dudes.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    BAN

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    he beat the shit out of mj. thats pretty much why he became a reclusive ped-o.... come on dudes.

• jaime foxx is da shit tho!

this is history

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    That Beyonce performance was a complete waste of time.

• this is the shittiest award show ive seen. the sound is embarrassing. the talent seems pedestrian. the production is awkward.

I tried to watch this for the tribute but just couldn't make it through. I don't know how the production could have been so bad! There were moments that were just downright embarrassing. Jaime Foxx was pretty funny though.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Are we talking about the same show? In one half hour span, Jamie Foxx asked THREE TIMES "Are we back on yet? Are we ready? Are we doing this?" If he didn't say that, he would pause for moments before speaking after returning from commercials. How about...."Sorry - Nichelle should be up here but she's in the bathroom." Then they let Don Cornelius put everyone to sleep. He might be the man, but that was ridiculous.

I appreciate the Michael Jackson shout outs and was amped to see Guy and Keith Sweat, but I never, ever, ever want to hear "I Want Her" with scratching.

And yes - F*ck Joe Jackson. Dude's a horrible person. Singing, dancing and smiling FRONT ROW. Granted, everyone has their own way of mourning, but judging from his past, I'm not sure he partook in much of that.

I'm a Jamie Foxx fan too - but this ain't fresh.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    My girl on Joe Jackson: "He's gonna be an @$$hole 'til he dies."

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    damn there's a lot of advertising going on. and what's up homegirl saying, "ummmmmmm...we're just gonna start because nichelle is the lady's room." a few performances aside, i feel like i'm watching the rehearsals.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    whoa...guy?! shit just got serious.

• hahaha. classic. and yea I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT CHICK WAS SAYING THE OTHER OLD LADY COULDN'T COME OUT YET CAUSE SHE'S IN THE BATHROOM, pfffff. that was for the ages!!...

tiny and toya??? tiny looks like shes about to knife jaime on this after show. he straight refuses to aknowledge them, hahaha.

this sure is 'history'.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    the show was wack. plain and simple.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    whoa...guy?! shit just got serious.

Seriously embarrassing.

I was really stoked when they came out--so was Kanye, apparently--but that performance was horrible.

So far, Ne-Yo's had the only good performance.

• and Someone needed to snatch the mic out of souljaboy's hands KRS ONE > PM Dawn style.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    yeah...turned out pretty bad. and i've seen 3 acts just come on without any introduction. this is seriously a hot mess right now.

• Yeah, Q-Tip was ragging it real hard on Twitter earlier during the live broadcast.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

The MJ climate added some serious weight to this show.

really?! what am i missing? i've seen a couple of people rocking white socks and gloves. i heard one dude say "without michael jackson...no one in this building would be here today." i heard ginuwine stumble thru some kind of speech about him going into a commercial, but nothing heartfelt and i'm 2 hours deep.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Yeah, Q-Tip was ragging it real hard on Twitter earlier during the live broadcast.

what does BET stand for guys?

1.) Brainwashing-Every-Teen 2.) Blatant-Ego-Trippin' 3.) Bad-Ethinc-Television

haha!

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    New Jack Swing tribute was dope, albeit kind of cheesy. The dude Keith Sweat apparently hasn't aged.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    they let Don Cornelius put everyone to sleep. He might be the man, but that was ridiculous.

didnt see it - what did Don do, a long, rambling monologue?

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i'm wondering if the teleprompter wasn't fucked up.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    This was a really horrible production. The sound alone during the acts was terrible. Past BET awards shows put this one to shame.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    the OJays tribute was ILL.

Keith Sweat was dope.

Jay kind of rocked the stage.

Beyonce looked like in that fairy godmother shit... and her other dress was not killing it but the body under it sure was.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Man was I disappointed w/ this show I mean besides Ne-Yo's MJ tribute I kept turning the channel you can't tell me that not one of these "artist" could not have came up with a slick MJ tribute w/ dancing etc I mean they grew up listening and impersonating MJ I aint saying redo his shit but do one of your songs and threw in a slick tribute that shows why you get paid to entertain.... Jamie Foxx was either high or drunk and what the hell did Keri Hilson think she was doing??