• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Its is hard to believe.

RIP one of the greatest!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Stunned

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Damn RIP man!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    FUUUUUUCK. I just got back home and my jaw dropped to the floor. Really stunnned.

Rest in peace.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Words fail.

REST IN PEACE

• Sad, sad day.

R.I.P. MJ

• RIP

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    RIP

• Heard the news on the radio in the car when I pulled into my parking space, just sat in the car for a minute, stunned. RIP.

• Peace to you, M.J.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I had a beat-it jacket when I was a kid. The zipper one. I had to choose between that and the thriller jacket because we couldn't afford both. And one of them came in both black and red, but I can't remember which. I remember getting my glitter glove. It was from Mervyn's or some store like that. I remember that there was even different types of glitter gloves, there were the crappy ones that just had sparkly sequins sewed on, or the good kind where the sparkle was WOVEN in... I got the good kind. Maybe not he BEST kind, but it was closer to the real thing than the sequins one.

I had penny loafers, because MJ had penny loafers. I moonwalked wherever I went. Remember that commercial where that Alphonzo kid is dancing in the street and then he bumps into Michael and they both dance? That was the ultimate. I thought about that like every day... imagining that it was me instead.

I dressed up as michael jackson for halloween. This must have been 1994.

I had a MJ poster in my bedroom. He was wearing a yellow sweater.

there was a breif period in my childhood where michael jackson meant the whole world to me... he was the coolest thing that ever existed... and when you are a kid its ok to worship somebody the way i worshipped michael jackson.

by the time Bad came out I had grown a few years and had moved on...

And in the 90s when he had all that plastic surgery and then all the child molestation stories... and he got weirder and weirder, and its pretty easy to forget what it was like worshipping michael jackson.

but now that he's dead it feels like my childhood michael jackson died, even though maybe that MJ died a long time ago anyways.

I don't know.

I feel bad for michael.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I'll never forget playing the Off The Wall record when it dropped. I was 8 or 9, laying on the floor, playing my moms record, I was in ecstasy.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

I really, really, really hope the media treats his legacy with respect and don't blather on about his later years. Show some respect.

• Hard to process that shit, man.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    RIP! thriller was my very first lp. gatefold with the autograph inside. me and my older sister scratched that shit to death. one of my childhood idols. crazy shocked right now.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    I feel sick.

This is too much

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Damn. So sad. My brother and I grew up watching and listening to the Jackson 5. R.I.P. Michael.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    currently trippin.

RIP MJ

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    RIP! thriller was my very first lp. gatefold with the autograph inside. me and my older sister scratched that shit to death. one of my childhood idols. crazy shocked right now.

yeah I have a picture of me dressed as michael and posing next to the gatefold, laying down on my side just like michael jackson.....

• Love LOVE this song...

• I had a beat-it jacket when I was a kid. The zipper one. I had to choose between that and the thriller jacket because we couldn't afford both. And one of them came in both black and red, but I can't remember which. I remember getting my glitter glove. It was from Mervyn's or some store like that. I remember that there was even different types of glitter gloves, there were the crappy ones that just had sparkly sequins sewed on, or the good kind where the sparkle was WOVEN in... I got the good kind. Maybe not he BEST kind, but it was closer to the real thing than the sequins one.

I had penny loafers, because MJ had penny loafers. I moonwalked wherever I went. Remember that commercial where that Alphonzo kid is dancing in the street and then he bumps into Michael and they both dance? That was the ultimate. I thought about that like every day... imagining that it was me instead.

I dressed up as michael jackson for halloween. This must have been 1994.

I had a MJ poster in my bedroom. He was wearing a yellow sweater.

there was a breif period in my childhood where michael jackson meant the whole world to me... he was the coolest thing that ever existed... and when you are a kid its ok to worship somebody the way i worshipped michael jackson.

by the time Bad came out I had grown a few years and had moved on...

And in the 90s when he had all that plastic surgery and then all the child molestation stories... and he got weirder and weirder, and its pretty easy to forget what it was like worshipping michael jackson.

but now that he's dead it feels like my childhood michael jackson died, even though maybe that MJ died a long time ago anyways.

I don't know.

I feel bad for michael.

i've been having a hard time figuring out what to say about this, but what you said pretty much sums up my experience exactly. in 2009, a the age of 31, it is hard to really comprehend how big of a figure michael jackson was in my life throughout the 1980s: the posters on my wall, the clothes on my back, the shoes on my feet, my feeble attempts at dancing, my feeble attempts at singing. whether i looked good, danced well, or sang well didn't really matter. what mattered was that i was that much closer to being like i imagined michael was, which is really all i wanted to be. i didn't know about his rough childhood and couldn't predict the rough road that he had before him over the next 20 year. all i knew was that he was possessed of that mysterious trait "coolness," and had it in amounts that seem impossible for any person to have after him. back then, i didn't really understand talent, showmanship, or anything like that. i understood "cool" michael had it, and i wanted it.

• By really weird coincidence this Michael Jackson tribute show is going down tomorrow here in DC. It's been scheduled for weeks. Just bought my ticket.

RIP to a dude who rocked the world like no one else.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    as a friend just wrote...

" I'm not sure I realized it was even possible for MJ to die."

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    R.I.P.

as a friend just wrote...

" I'm not sure I realized it was even possible for MJ to die."

exactly.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    I have very fond memories of popping in his Thriller video growing up. He truly was one of a kind. R.I.P. MJ.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    when i was seven i wanted to be michael jackson

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Damn. Can't believe this.

Don't Stop Til You Get Enough erupted yet another wedding dance floor this past Sunday. His musical legacy is so undeniably universally cherished, and now it will be ever more so.

He was wayyyy too young for this.

Rest In Ever Loving Peace

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    Where is the MJ tribute mix peoples????