"Madonna can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. She's a Dick!"

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    WTF?

troll.

post a pic or you gets teh ban.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    one of the great metal head debates of all time...and Im STILL on the fence about it. I love 'em both, but Priest started to suck before Maiden, so Maiden has that on them...but Priest has been imitated more (Slayer anyone?) and released the FIRST completely metal by design LPs evar, "Sad Wings of Destiny" (save your buh buh but Sabbath was the first metal band VH1 classic argument...Sabbath was a ROCK band that created some of the elements, they didnt take it into the lab and create metal by design with ALL the elements, Priest was the first to do that) but back to the original debate, my answer changes all the time...June 2009, Im going with Priest (it will undoubtedly switch to Maiden at a later date, and then back to Priest)

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Maiden. Their material is just more betterer for that genre. Solos, epics, stage shows, Ed The Head... What have Priest got? Documented proof of them wearing leather caps.

Steve Harris' West-Ham bass just puts the cork in the bottle.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Priest wrote great pop music.

Maiden. Their material is just more betterer for that genre. Solos, epics, stage shows, Ed The Head... What have Priest got? Documented proof of them wearing leather caps.

Steve Harris' West-Ham bass just puts the cork in the bottle.

you be belittling the Priest man...the Priest gots riffs mane, RIFFS.."Dissident Aggressor" one of the greats...shit, the entire "Stained Class" and "Sad Wings.." LPs are classique metal albums...

cant fusk with the Ripper (filmed in Memphis BATCH!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2NomJuAkoA

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

They did?

Having said that, I'll tentatively ride for "Livin' After Midnight".

I will draw the line at "Breaking the Law".

I will blow chunks at the merest hint of "United".

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    just watched Flight 666 so im gonna give the edge to Maiden

Steve Harris is possibly one of the most metal doods on the planet

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    It's a tie.

Priest was that 14 year old riding 80 mph in his 16 year old friend's Firebird with the windows down and a 12 pack and a bottle of Jack on the floorboard type ish.

Maiden was some waiting for your cool but nerdy friend's mom to finally let him out of the house while you sit in his poster-clad room playing an Apple computer videogame type ish.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Calling it "pop music" might be a stretch, but Priest was definitely more riff and song-oriented. Like more radio/single-oriented. I'm far more familiar with Maiden's catalog than I am Priest's, so I could be off on that. Maiden had hooks and riffs but their whole steez was the soaring epic thing with songs that were 5-minutes plus.

I think they're different enough to defy a valid (or at least an easy) comparison. Priest is more ass-kicking breaking windows on Saturday night shit. Maiden, to me anyway, was always more listen-closely-on-headphones-type stuff.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Maiden.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Priest was that 14 year old riding 80 mph in his 16 year old friend's Firebird with the windows down and a 12 pack and a bottle of Jack on the floorboard type ish.

Maiden was some waiting for your cool but nerdy friend's mom to finally let him out of the house while you sit in his poster-clad room playing an Apple computer videogame type ish.

This was also my experience.
    Priest wins.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Maiden, to me anyway, was always more listen-closely-on-headphones-type stuff.

DEL THE FUNKEE HOMOSAPIEN REVEALED!

b/w

Priest. Shit's just harder to me.

Maiden could suck as a band (which they most definitely do not), and still win the battle, due to their font.

• PlantweedPlantweed 394 Posts
    Priest were a "rock band" before they were metal, too. Actually they were dusted blues, like Sabbath were. Priest even had a brotha in the band (!).

yeah but Maiden had a giant demon zombie killer guy (!!)

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Yes, I daresay that Maiden was the OG backpack metal group.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Yes, I daresay that Maiden was the OG backpack metal group.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    SLEEPS IN THE LOBBY OF A DAYS INN

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Maiden FTW.

Priest were a "rock band" before they were metal, too. Actually they were dusted blues, like Sabbath were. Priest even had a brotha in the band (!).

A couple of tunes that Preist covered early on

Joan Baez - Diamonds and Rust
    Fleetwood Mac - Green Manaleshee (SP?)

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    FOUR WORDS:
    Some cunt's recording this[/b].

But that can never take away from the greatness of this, if I'm in a hospital and I'm walking down a hall, I still think of this video:

Also "Better by You Better Than Me" by Spooky Tooth.

A couple of tunes that Preist covered early on

Joan Baez - Diamonds and Rust
    Fleetwood Mac - Green Manaleshee (SP?)

that Fleetwood Mac tune is prime proto metal and when Priest did it, it was on their 5th LP, already well into their metal era and the Baez tune is on "Sin after Sin" their 3rd LP (featuring the aforemenioned "Dissident Aggressor"...their 1st LP is really their only "rock" LP.

I still say JP is the first, true, 100% metal band.

Nope, Sabbath with Paranoid. Priest were right behind them though.

I still say JP is the first, true, 100% metal band.

And the better of the two bands might i add.

Nope, Sabbath with Paranoid. Priest were right behind them though.

there are still lots of Hippy Zepplinisms on Paranoid...Sabbath had subject matter, check....heavy de-tuned riffing, check...but no balls in a vice screaming nor leather and spikes...Priest had all 4...100% meaning the total package.

ironically it was Dave Holland of Judas Priest that was the real pervert...he is in jail (still, I think) for molesting a young, down syndrome boy he was giving drum lessons to. We used to joke he was going to form a band called Dave Holland's Special Forces.