Summer Jam 2009?

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I want to bait the boy

delicious!

But you're making it hard on yourself - all you have to do is spit that rap metal talk.

He said I was "out of my depth" the last time I did that.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

But, none of these really seem to have the invisible magic that makes a Summer Jam. They're too serious, not fun enough.

I don't see the "Summer Jam" as having a particular vibe, although that vibe usually is more of a fun one. For me, it's if you just cannot escape the song no matter where you go.

For us to agree on one, it has to have national reach. We can all rep our local Summer Jam experience, sure, but the true "Summer Jam" should be banging coast to coast.

I agree with a lot of you that we might not be able to do this. I judge a "Summer Jam" based on whether I know about it. Not because I'm the shit or anything, but because I only hear new hip-hop on the radio and go to clubs only occasionally. If a joint is all over the radio (both mine and those of dudes I'm driving or walking near) and it kills the club like every time I'm out, then I put it in contention for Summer Jam. If it's all up in my grumpy-old-man removed-from-the-streets life, then I figure it must be doing damage all over.

Having said that, there is no cut that fits that bill right now, so who knows?

• But, none of these really seem to have the invisible magic that makes a Summer Jam. They're too serious, not fun enough.

I don't see the "Summer Jam" as having a particular vibe, although that vibe usually is more of a fun one. For me, it's if you just cannot escape the song no matter where you go.

For us to agree on one, it has to have national reach. We can all rep our local Summer Jam experience, sure, but the true "Summer Jam" should be banging coast to coast.

I agree with a lot of you that we might not be able to do this. I judge a "Summer Jam" based on whether I know about it. Not because I'm the shit or anything, but because I only hear new hip-hop on the radio and go to clubs only occasionally. If a joint is all over the radio (both mine and those of dudes I'm driving or walking near) and it kills the club like every time I'm out, then I put it in contention for Summer Jam. If it's all up in my grumpy-old-man removed-from-the-streets life, then I figure it must be doing damage all over.

Having said that, there is no cut that fits that bill right now, so who knows?

i always felt like Summer Jams hit the Summer vibe too, But Re: your criteria, Always Strapped and Overtime/Champion are always on everywhere down in 954/305.

What's up with that Jeezy x Gucci Mane beef?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    See, I shit you not...

Hot 93.3 FM's Hot 7 @ 7 for June 12th, 2009:

1 Chalie Boy
    I Look Good
    2 Drake
    Best I Ever Had
    3 Trae / Bun / Lil' Keke
    Grey Cassette
    4 Keri Hilson / Kanye West / Ne-Yo
    Knock You Down
    5 Rick Ross / T-Pain / Kanye West / Lil' Wayne