Weekend Finds

2»

Comments

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    My radio show has turned into a new finds showcase lately. Ok maybe not "finds" in the strictest sense. Most of these "found" there way to my collection by way of a dealer. Here are the highlights from this weekend (and the past few weeks):

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

• How's that Jobriath Record?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I didn't know Harmon Bethea had a solo 45......

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Great stuff this weekend! Besides what I'm keeping below I found mint copies of "What Color is Love", "I Just Can't Help Myself", "Root Down", "Bitches Brew", "Love Supreme" etc. etc. for the shop. All local/field come ups.

The reggae 12 is Johnny Dolllar/Nobody Cares for Me by The Rolands (Masai). The Patoc Special is an Argentine DJ comp from the 70's (similar to the Brazilian ones like DeLeve). Its got some great tracks and some real dogs. The cover is instant flyer material.
    The Baba N'Gbadura is a local DC record which while put out by a church is really a great highlife record with a full band. No date but I'd guess early 80's.

The Auction and the Betty Everett came from a yard sale. First good yard sale come up of the season.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    How's that Jobriath Record?

pretty good glam rock. not really my thing, though i'm kinda feelin this track

http://www.zshare.net/audio/614092437b833644/

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    le weekend was random

this awesome poster

came out of this

this lady died in her house. i went to take a picture of her front window. it looks a lot better than this though. very colorful.

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    great weekend in the burgh

• I didn't know Harmon Bethea had a solo 45......

There must be a couple of them because I have another one.