tacos VS burritos

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
youngEINSTEIN Said:tie.peace, stein. . .

Comments

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    taqueria tacos or other?

what else is in the burrito?

Initial personal reaction with optimal personal ingredients has tacos as the winner.

Corn tortillas, al pastor, cilantro, grilled onion, lime, and hot sauce.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,099 Posts
    most days, i'm a taco man. onions, cilantro, salsa and lime - as long as the meat is fresh, that's all i need. plus you can eat light or eat a lot, depending on your hunger factor. my personal favorite is a pastor where they put pineapple in it. (similr to ^^)

the guac/cheese/rice/beans is nice every once in a while.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    whatever kind of tacos and whatever kind of burrito. unlimited ingredients.

peace, stein. . .

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    tacos.

not really that close, either.

• Tacos is the way to go for me.
    Burritos have always been an "on the run" meal.
    Tacos need a lil more love when made.
    Ain't nuthin like abuelitas homemade tacos.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Burritos can have a lot of filler, are often poorly constructed, and just have less love to them all around.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    ENCHILADAS

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    Tacos. After years as a dedicated burrito eater, I've come to appreciate the relative lightness and the aforementioned simplicity of tacos. And I found the ill spot to get them in my hometown finally.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yeah i feel tacos more for the most part just because i don't know of any places that have small burritos and i ain't always in the mood the eat a shitload of food.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,099 Posts
    i will say that freshly made taquitos with a side of guac are a special treat.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Breakfast burritos > Tacos > other burritos

• chaschas 45 Posts
    Tacos...And I found the ill spot to get them in my hometown finally.[/b]

Dude. You mean you were having trouble finding a good taco place in San Jose??? Shit, all you had to do was ask! Which spot are you talking about?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Being mostly vegetarian, I'm a burrito man by neccessity. I love fish tacos but there aren't really any good ones around here.

Plus I occasionally enjoy the convenience of a bigass burrito being most of what I eat in a day - but its easy to get burnt out on.

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    Wuddup Chaz! It's not like there aren't many good ones, but Metro Balderas has become the spot. I don't even like tripe, but their tripas tacos are next level.What's your spot?

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    In response to earlier:

Al Pastor tacos should be served with little pineapple pieces...No pineapple=No deal for me.

When I want a cheesy treat, one local spot makes the best pastor and Oaxacan cheese quesadillas...I think I will be there this weekend for lunch.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I love Mexican food and I had my last burrito maybe 12 years ago... one of the things that makes Mexican food so beautiful is that you can eat so many different things in one meal. Why order a burrito? They always look boring, soggy and way too big.

Burrito isn't even Mexican as far as I know, right? I heard they invented this stuff for the US market...

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    tacos....CARNITAS!!!!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

Burrito isn't even Mexican as far as I know, right? I heard they invented this stuff for the US market...

not true. burritos are in fact mexican in origin. however, they are a newer post-columbian creation as wheat flour wasnt introduced to central america until after spain arrived.

also, i like tacos more.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    tacos....CARNITAS!!!!

I don't think I've ever loved any food more than I love carnitas.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    WRAPS!

(that sounds white)

• chaschas 45 Posts
    Wuddup Chaz! It's not like there aren't many good ones, but Metro Balderas has become the spot. I don't even like tripe, but their tripas tacos are next level.What's your spot?

Yeah, I rode my bike past that place for the first time a few weeks back, and they were out front grilling. Didn't stop at the time, but I definitely have to check it out one of these days. My latest favorite is Araujos Grill over on Senter near Capitol. Amazing tacos! There's also a liquor store on Vine near 280 that fires up the grill on Sundays (I think?) and is the spot for al pastor, complete with fresh pineapple. Anyway, we eat tacos at least a couple times a week, so hit me up next time taco night comes up. Now that you're right around the corner and all...

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    After Age's wedding (this dude straight up murdered maybe 12 tacos... that's a conservative estimate) I should have known you would know the real deal. I'll hit you up soon.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Burritos have always been an "on the run" meal.
    Tacos need a lil more love when made.

it's always been the opposite for me

burritos are what i eat when i am HONGRY and need something to fill me up

tacos are for when i am a little hungry and need something to tide me over

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

not true. burritos are in fact mexican in origin. however, they are a newer post-columbian creation as wheat flour wasnt introduced to central america until after spain arrived.

also, i like tacos more.

Last time I went to Mexico City I only saw one burrito the whole time I was there. It was a jam??n burrito. Blehch

• tortatorta 5 Posts
    Whatup Sj? I gotta go to la costa for chicken tacos and tortas.

Tacos are cool if I want variety.asada, pollo, lengua, cabeza oh baby... I used to avoid burritos at all costs, but have converted. Whole beans, fluffy rice, avocado, salsa and asada. I want to be it.

What's up with huaraches?

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Haha, I was gon give a shout out to the torta.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    Haha, I was gon give a shout out to the torta.

word! big up's to SOPES while we're at it.

peace, stein. . .

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    you guys are making me hongry. the other night i had a dream about tortas. mexican food in new york is a current craze. people love chipotle. then some other shit popped up called qdobo. then there's the chinese run spots like fresco tortillas and the other one. and then there's burritoville. it all makes me sad. i need to get my ass to queens.

oh yeah, that korean taco truck is here now.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I AM SO HUNGRY NOW VAI SE FUDER!

44 days until mexican food...i can taste it already.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    How I always understood it was that burritos are Mexican but they were always smaller, more taco-sized, and that they got super-sized when they started spreading outside of the Mission District of San Francisco, to the point now where they are the size of babies often, a change that I do not oppose.