People do not know how to ship a record

2»

Comments

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

I'm not sure what sort of pre-bid negotiations dudes have in mind.

As mentioned in my earlier posts, I have received numerous post-auction shipping instructions which have included requests for more than one record mailer, specific BRANDS of record mailer, various specific quantities of cardboard inserts, bubble wrap as opposed to cardboard inserts and vice versa, corner reinforcements, extra packing tape, poly sleeves, etc.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Do you guys receive badly packed records from random dudes or dealers?

b/w

On a sellers point, wouldn't listing how you pack records kinda help out with all of the questions?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

As mentioned in my earlier posts, I have received numerous post-auction shipping instructions which have included requests for more than one record mailer, specific BRANDS of record mailer, various specific quantities of cardboard inserts, bubble wrap as opposed to cardboard inserts and vice versa, corner reinforcements, extra packing tape, poly sleeves, etc.

I'm sorry, but these examples are totally irrelevant.

I agree that special packaging should be negotiated in advance.

But not all packaging is special packaging.

And there is a certain basic level of agreement as to what constitutes adequate packaging.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

I'm sorry, but these examples are totally irrelevant.

I agree that special packaging should be negotiated in advance.

But not all packaging is special packaging.

And there is a certain basic level of agreement as to what constitutes adequate packaging.

Glad to hear that none of the above applies to you. I just want to caution buyers in general that it's best to deal with any uncertainties up front rather than after the fact.

On a sellers point, wouldn't listing how you pack records kinda help out with all of the questions?

I mentioned that above. It's really the best way to nip things in the bud.

• Beats29Beats29 48 Posts
    No Shit, but a couple of years ago I got an OG Chris Harwood lp off ebay for $10. It was snapped in half when it turned up though. Still have it somewhere. That hurts!

Peace
    Mo

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I bought a record of a dude from Spain, a non record collector, he just had a few pieces I wanted.
    Anyways, dude send thru the vinyl plus a freebie, to say thanks....and a key ring from Spain (a nice gesture) except he sticky taped the key ring directly onto the album cover!!!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I think FR has a point.

Someone selling records should be packing them well.

If they are not, they are at fault.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Do you care if it's a reused box if the box is still in decent condition and all other packing criteria are met (vinyl outside of outer sleeve, in bag, with cardboard inserts)?

I don't.

• Do you care if it's a reused box if the box is still in decent condition and all other packing criteria are met (vinyl outside of outer sleeve, in bag, with cardboard inserts)?
    nor do i, as long as the box is strong enough to provide good protection from the post office man-handling then i'm all for mailer recycling, but the recycled mailers i've had things come in are rarely in this condition.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    as the box is strong enough to provide good protection from the post office man-handling

CHeck this frucker out I got today... Six weeks in the mail and I swear it got run over mutiple times. Miraculously the wax was golden.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    ah, can't trust the french post office !

As a seller I always use new mailers unless the buyer ask for a discount and in this case I always let them know that I will recycle an old package.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I just received two records packed using three stiffeners, all seams taped--schitt was solid as a rock. This is the new standard. Step your stiffener game up dudes.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    ah, can't trust the french post office !

You noticed...

I didn't want to kick the french while their down, but damn...

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Step your stiffener game up dudes.

Uhm...............