Enemies

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Who's got one? You're evil double walker. The person who has his/her eyes on that same piece of gold. If you were Nixon, he'd be on your enemies list and you'd have Hoover take him out. Or you'd square off and duel it out. I've had plenty of imaginary enemies but never a real one. I'd like a real enemy. Who's got enemy stories? Who's got an enemy...................

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    my boss and i hate each other... he makes me do his work (signing his name) while he sleeps, i pick my nose and put it in his coffee (along with squished spiders and dirt) several times per week. sometimes i sign his name with my left hand, so that he looks retarded.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    my boss and i hate each other... he makes me do his work (signing his name) while he sleeps, i pick my nose and put it in his coffee (along with squished spiders and dirt) several times per week. sometimes i sign his name with my left hand, so that he looks retarded.

That's pretty gross, but he's not your enemy. You're not on equal ground. He's an annoying little man, not a foe that will require all of your strength to defeat. Thanks for sharing though.

every time i post here i am reminded that i have no enemies whatsoever, just caring friends who share the same joys and aspirations as myself.

every time i post here i am reminded that i have no enemies whatsoever, just caring friends who share the same joys and aspirations as myself.

Enemies often start out as good friends with similar joys and interests....

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    do my enemies have to know me? there are plenty of folks who fuck around and don't do right. i consider them my enemies - but they don't even know i exist. does that count?

do my enemies have to know me? there are plenty of folks who fuck around and don't do right. i consider them my enemies - but they don't even know i exist. does that count?

I've had plenty of those enemies -- though I think that is a projection of your/my shadow...the enemy is sometimes within.

Have you ever been in the presence of an imaginary enemy and felt they knew all about it? 'He/she knows. And now he/she knows that I know.'

I've had plenty of those enemies -- though I think that is a projection of your/my shadow...the enemy is sometimes within.

yes, i believe in that saying that the thing that we hate in others is usually what we hate the most about oursleves.

Have you ever been in the presence of an imaginary enemy and felt they knew all about it? 'He/she knows. And now he/she knows that I know.'

no. not really. i mean Project for the New American Century is very real and i know. they don't know me to know that i know and at the end of the day, they couldn't give a rat's ass if i do know, you know?

i don't understand this imaginary enemy of which you speak.

this thread is weird.

no. not really. i mean Project for the New American Century is very real and i know. they don't know me to know that i know and at the end of the day, they couldn't give a rat's ass if i do know, you know?

I used to do this thing where I'd find this person and have this unbearable contempt for him. Happened a lot at college. I often never talked with the person. But I always felt this tension, especially when this one guy would walk by. Once at a party, he was in my house and I was about ready to start something, I don't know what -- nothing violent. This one kid, he was in all of my classes, would say the most pretentious shit, had the most pretentious mannerisms, wore the most fake sullen look on his face -- that's what I meant.
    The PNAC is a lot of different people though, so they would be more of a hindrance. They aren't out to get "you," even if they're out to get "us."
    I think a true enemy makes you a better person.

I used to do this thing where I'd find this person and have this unbearable contempt for him. Happened a lot at college. I often never talked with the person. But I always felt this tension, especially when this one guy would walk by. Once at a party, he was in my house and I was about ready to start something, I don't know what -- nothing violent. This one kid, he was in all of my classes, would say the most pretentious shit, had the most pretentious mannerisms, wore the most fake sullen look on his face -- that's what I meant.
    The PNAC is a lot of different people though, so they would be more of a hindrance. They aren't out to get "you," even if they're out to get "us."
    I think a true enemy makes you a better person.[/b]

it can if you learn how to turn it into something better - i don't mean like become friends with the enemy but controlling the anger and funnelling it into something useful that fights against that thing you hated about your enemy in the first place and makes things better as opposed to more ugly. is that what you mean?

it can if you learn how to turn it into something better - i don't mean like become friends with the enemy but controlling the anger and funnelling it into something useful that fights against that thing you hated about your enemy in the first place and makes things better as opposed to more ugly. is that what you mean?

That and I think an enemy allows you to define what you are not. However, this can backfire and turn you into a worse person, if you're enemy is a better person than you are. But I think enemies are also good because they make you active and force you into the world. But somebody always loses the duel, unless they just shoot in the air. Enemies are fascinating. I wish I had a real one.

That and I think an enemy allows you to define what you are not. However, this can backfire and turn you into a worse person, if you're enemy is a better person than you are. But I think enemies are also good because they make you active and force you into the world. But somebody always loses the duel, unless they just shoot in the air. Enemies are fascinating. I wish I had a real one.

yea - i agree with all that you said except the last line - i don't think i want one. generally, i'm a lover and not a hater. and i think i need to grow up a litte more before i am faced with the prospect that my enemy might win and i might get torn down and have to build myself back up.

what do you mean that they force you into the world? do you mean out of one's "world" where we are surrounded by like-minded folks and don't really face too many challenges?

what do you think about people who have a lot of enemies? i think that's bad for a lot of reasons, but a main one is delusions of grandeur where they might begin to think they are a hero and it's them against the world and that they are ahead of their time and so on. this pomp can grow to dangerous proportions.

yea - i agree with all that you said except the last line - i don't think i want one. generally, i'm a lover and not a hater. and i think i need to grow up a litte more before i am faced with the prospect that my enemy might win and i might get torn down and have to build myself back up.

what do you mean that they force you into the world? do you mean out of one's "world" where we are surrounded by like-minded folks and don't really face too many challenges?

what do you think about people who have a lot of enemies? i think that's bad for a lot of reasons, but a main one is delusions of grandeur where they might begin to think they are a hero and it's them against the world and that they are ahead of their time and so on. this pomp can grow to dangerous proportions.

I definately think it takes some chutzpah to even declare that you have an enemy. I don't really want an enemy but I think it signifies something -- meaning that you've taken a stand of some sort. As if to say "this is what I stand for, fuck you, you're doing it all wrong, but what you're doing is so similar to what i'm doing that I'm afraid if I don't take a stand people won't know any better." Does that make sense? What's scary is that you may be wrong and not up for the challenge.

I think an enemy engages you and makes you get out of your head space, you know the underground man, the hanged man -- the person watching it all with a superiour view without the means to do anything about it.

I think people like Nixon or Stalin or anybody who has a lot of enemies are either meglomaniacs or sick in some way. But most of their enemies were imagined. But some good people had a lot of real enemies, like Lenny Bruce. But that was more like this evil force. I'm not sure what to think about regular people with a lot enemies. I don't think having more than one enemy at any given time is healthy.

you dont' have to hate your enemy, you can love an enemy as well as long as you know you hate your enemy at the same time.

ok - so this is getting real good now and i have to go and i won't be near a stupid computer (both a real and an imaginary enemy) until Tuesday.

your last post is really good and can we continue next week? so lame i know...

any time. I dont know what happenned. I need to get back to some work. peace...

you're making me look at my poitionsmore clearly......

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

yeah, fuck those fucks. I got not love anywhere for them.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts

I used to do this thing where I'd find this person and have this unbearable contempt for him. Happened a lot at college. I often never talked with the person. But I always felt this tension, especially when this one guy would walk by.

Yeah I hear that.

This one dude MUST be my enemy. Or at least a lil' dude enemy.
    I've been in two social events where he was at, and both times he refused to acknowledge my presence. I made an attempt to introduce myself both times (stick-out-my-hand-say-Hello-style) and dude flat out ignores me, won't even make eye contact. This happened on two occasions. Then I'm forced to listen to him blab about ridicously boring shit. That shit is annoying.

I used to do this thing where I'd find this person and have this unbearable contempt for him. Happened a lot at college. I often never talked with the person. But I always felt this tension, especially when this one guy would walk by.

Yeah I hear that.

This one dude MUST be my enemy. Or at least a lil' dude enemy.
    I've been in two social events where he was at, and both times he refused to acknowledge my presence. I made an attempt to introduce myself both times (stick-out-my-hand-say-Hello-style) and dude flat out ignores me, won't even make eye contact. This happened on two occasions. Then I'm forced to listen to him blab about ridicously boring shit. That shit is annoying.

Awesome, it seems like you're a bit threatened by him. But's he threatened by you as well. He's definately some sort of enemy. But you've beat him twice, I think.

• Having a nemesis is great, I've had several. Some were real, others were merely those for whom I felt contempt while being forced into proximity. One time, however, I really got one on a nemesis, and it was great. He was my boss, the head chef at a restaurant where I worked. He was always busting my hump for no reason, like right from the beginning. A few days in, I realized who he was. I had gone to middle school with his younger brother. One day, he came to school and informed everyone that his older brother had been caught fucking a cow by his dad on their farm. Of course, news of this nature travels rather quickly, so before long, he is constantly assailed with shouts of "COWFUCKER!" and the like.
    He has to go to boarding school like three states away to get away from it. So he's standing there, cleaning a big fish, and I start up a conversation. I ask him if he has a brother named Joe, and his response is a guarded, nervous yes. I told him that we went to school together, ask him what he's up to, and so on. He knows where this is going. He's silently begging me not to blurt out cowfucker or something. I just sort of let it drop once he got the point, and he never said shit to me again.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i want to see guzzo's list!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I can only think of one person that I can't stand...a narcissistic colleague of mine. She's one of those types of folks that would kill her mother just to get ahead, feel me? She tried to screw me over about some research we were working on, so I yelled at her and told her where I'm coming from (that Black came out of me, ya'll). Anyway, I've rendered irrelevant in my mind, and deal with her on a strictly cordial, superficial level. She's too unimportant for me to waste energy on trying to exact payback. "...Whatsoever a man soweth, may he also reapeth", so I let divine justice handle that.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

beleive it or not I don't have many enemies. It's amazing how the perception of a person over the computer can change from that of seeing and knowing someone face-to-face

Although I got a sneeking feeling that Iron Monkey is gonna stab me with a 45 shard if I keep playing moder soul during wHITEY ON THE MOOn

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    Having a nemesis is great, I've had several. Some were real, others were merely those for whom I felt contempt while being forced into proximity. One time, however, I really got one on a nemesis, and it was great. He was my boss, the head chef at a restaurant where I worked. He was always busting my hump for no reason, like right from the beginning. A few days in, I realized who he was. I had gone to middle school with his younger brother. One day, he came to school and informed everyone that his older brother had been caught fucking a cow by his dad on their farm. Of course, news of this nature travels rather quickly, so before long, he is constantly assailed with shouts of "COWFUCKER!" and the like.
    He has to go to boarding school like three states away to get away from it. So he's standing there, cleaning a big fish, and I start up a conversation. I ask him if he has a brother named Joe, and his response is a guarded, nervous yes. I told him that we went to school together, ask him what he's up to, and so on. He knows where this is going. He's silently begging me not to blurt out cowfucker or something. I just sort of let it drop once he got the point, and he never said shit to me again.

victory!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    blaow

• Having a nemesis is great, I've had several. Some were real, others were merely those for whom I felt contempt while being forced into proximity. One time, however, I really got one on a nemesis, and it was great. He was my boss, the head chef at a restaurant where I worked. He was always busting my hump for no reason, like right from the beginning. A few days in, I realized who he was. I had gone to middle school with his younger brother. One day, he came to school and informed everyone that his older brother had been caught fucking a cow by his dad on their farm. Of course, news of this nature travels rather quickly, so before long, he is constantly assailed with shouts of "COWFUCKER!" and the like.

victory!

Indeed. It was excellent.

• These jackasses:

Sworn enemies of everything good and funky in this world.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

beleive it or not I don't have many enemies. It's amazing how the perception of a person over the computer can change from that of seeing and knowing someone face-to-face

or in your case vice-versa