Death Of Autotune

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Yeah, I dont think I can ever cosign a song featuring a soprano saxophone.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I think No ID and Hov definitely have to go back into the lab so they can earn that ever-elusive Bsides cosign.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    You guys are nuts. This track is pretty great.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    soulstrut not feeling jiggas elbows

• lepoohpoohlepoohpooh 296 Posts

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    That track made my morning, thanks for posting. Between this and Jockin Jay-Z, I'm very excited for Jay's new album.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    It's already all over NY radio. Requests were through the roof, according to one DJ. Could soulstrut be out of touch with the streets? :shock:

Yes, how could a site 95% populated by hipsters, suburbanites, Europeans and white professionals be out of touch with the streets?

Track is better than most shit that has come out. Although naming it Death of Autotune seems to be (anti-)pandering to a fad. Shit gets played out so you play up how much its played out. See: Disco.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

It's already all over NY radio. Requests were through the roof, according to one DJ. Could soulstrut be out of touch with the streets? :shock:
    i don't doubt that it's nyc catnip, but in the south that ish is not making a ripple.

i don't doubt that it's nyc catnip, but in the south that ish is not making a ripple.

"But Hammer, you ain't hittin in New York!"

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    A) This beat is hard (and kinda sloppy, which I'm okay with).

B) I'm REALLY glad No ID is getting even more exposure.

C) Autotune seems like such an easy target for a man of Jay-Z's stature. People have BEEN complaining about it, while others have been making good music with it. It's really not that serious. I guarantee people will still play and dance to T-Pain 'n 'em. And (popular) rappers will still be "singin' too much."

D) Complaint Hop is Complaint Hop, whether you're complaining about autotune, "the state of Hip Hop" or "backpack/crack/emo" Hop.

E) Word to J****l's comment about grumpy old guys.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

"I know we facin a recession/ but the music yall makin gone make this a great depression"

Hot line, but as Spelunk and Bsides noted the track is kinda halfway, meh. Lots of filler lines in there. The chorus is talkin about death of autotune, but there ins't anything 'death of autotune' about the track. He doesn't name names, and he's just on his regular Jay-Z styles.

If people are amped for Jay-z I'm happy for them.

The chorus is talkin about death of autotune, but there ins't anything 'death of autotune' about the track.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

This is a perfect time for that rolleyes gremlin you have, Day...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

The chorus is talkin about death of autotune, but there ins't anything 'death of autotune' about the track.

It's hemold.

The track is cool.

This thread, on the other hand, is pretty much terrible.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This is a perfect time for that rolleyes gremlin you have, Day...

This schitt needs to be played loud in your crib or some headphones for maximum effect.

Oh, and

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i still appreciate no ID getting exposure though
    b/w
    where is the one phonicos_jovenenes

damn I was thinking about that other one! The dude with the glasses

"cool off that site" was the phrase I think

he's not wrong

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

he's not wrong

seriously

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

he's not wrong

seriously

40,000+ poasts between the two of you.

Young_Phon_Schnicks to Faux_Checks: TAKE IT PERSONAL.

And I quote (man up on the PM email FACEBOOK-related): "I still reach out to you, faux, herm etc."

BITE YOUR TONGUE

• dayday 9,611 Posts

he's not wrong

seriously

40,000+ poasts between the two of you.

Young_Phon_Schnicks to Faux_Checks: TAKE IT PERSONAL.

Let's be real, this place is a shell of it's former self. Sniping at doofus ass dudes is about the only fun I still have on here :sniffle:

• "Take the L with dignity. Hit the bomb Juanito."

ahhhhh that's the one

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    And I quote (man up on the PM email FACEBOOK-related): "I still reach out to you, faux, herm etc."

BITE YOUR TONGUE

I pretty much gave up poking him. I used to think he'd come across my playful prodding and pop his head out of the moist crevices of Lurksville, but my attempts have proven fruit(y)less.

BITE YOUR TONGUE

I pretty much gave up poking him. I used to think he'd come across my playful prodding and pop his head out of the moist crevices of Lurksville, but my attempts have proven fruit(y)less.

If he can resist this, he can resist anything

[color:white] even my patented TIGER STYLE! RAOOWWWRRR![/color]

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    He was corny anyway, he went from jocking backpack rap to turning his nose up at people who weren't "club/skreets compliant".
    That could be a familiar path for many on here though...

Anyway, this track is very good.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Hot line, but as Spelunk and Bsides noted the track is kinda halfway, meh. Lots of filler lines in there. The chorus is talkin about death of autotune, but there ins't anything 'death of autotune' about the track. He doesn't name names, and he's just on his regular Jay-Z styles.

Drake fan.