Death Of Autotune

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
New Hov, No ID on the beat. Hot 97 RIGHT NOWOh man... FLEX!!!

Comments

• damn this is some heavy shit

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Yup, Hov still got it.

Sample ID?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Link?

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Heavy Shit Takes Longer, I guess.

Seriously, this is fire.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Thank Jebus for Jay.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Man this is tight...

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    so jay draws a line in the sand. will rappers take notice, or is he a old man screaming for the kids to keep it down?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Kanye on a "Death Of Autotune" track?

Shit is though.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    madness.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    fun stuff

he coins a new verb - tpaining

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I've been listening to a lot of, "Ready to Die," lately, and I was discussing a friend that it isn't that rap is better or worse... just different lately. Like, there is a sense of urgency when BIG raps, "THAT'S WHAT THE F*ck HAPPENS," on the opening of his first album that is just not there anymore. And, that is because rap dominates the charts. And, that means things are just different for rap.

That said, this song has a sense of urgency and importance. And, the radio aspect of it is f*cking HOT, old school REAL SCHITT. When he says, "pull your skirt back down, grow a set, man" that resonates.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    What's the video where Shawn wears a Gold suit and is dancin in sync w/ background dancers?

"this song has a sense of urgency and importance"

Its not that serious.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    REAL SCHITT

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Grumpy old men are the 5th element

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

REAL SCHITT

REAL SCHITT

REAL SCHITT

REAL SCHITT

• I've been listening to a lot of, "Ready to Die," lately, and I was discussing a friend that it isn't that rap is better or worse... just different lately. Like, there is a sense of urgency[/b] when BIG raps, "THAT'S WHAT THE F*ck HAPPENS," on the opening of his first album that is just not there anymore. And, that is because rap dominates the charts. And, that means things are just different for rap.

That said, this song has a sense of urgency and importance. And, the radio aspect of it is f*cking HOT, old school REAL SCHITT. When he says, "pull your skirt back down, grow a set, man" that resonates.

that urgency has been missing for too long.
    melle mel
    krs
    chuck d

then this new generation let it dissipate.
    the first for me was 'can't nobody hold me down' by puff.
    any reasonable person will tell you that you can't rap an entire track
    in a tone of voice that says:
    you want boring? i'll show you boring.

• na na hey hey?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    na na hey hey?

Yeah wasn't really feeling that part.

Wale?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I could listen to Flex and Mister Cee yell and hype up a new track for hours, dudes do it like no other.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Funny thing, and i was talking about it with Digga, is that it's a euro sample. I actually sampled one song from the same LP in 2001...Janko. RHKTD.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Its a janko sample isnt it?

Beat feels kinda sloppy. I guess its cool.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i am not feeling these new overorchestrated guitar rock hiphop tracks a la kindabigdeal

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Well that was a letdown. I go one further than Bsides; the whole song feels kinda sloppy.

I thought "Jockin' Jay-Z" was much better.

It's gonna be everywhere, so there it is : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nznhznznkzz

And yes bsides, it's mr Nilovic. Funny thing is I had to deal with his publisher to clear a sample from the same LP in 2001. But guitars wasn't trendy as it is nowadays...lol...

PS :"jockin' jay-z" was unlistenable for me. Never could wait the end of the track. Never liked distorded drums ?? la Rick Rubin anyway. Plus Jay-Z as a topic don't faze me. Autotune is a better topic. Proof is the world is arguing about it since T-Pain flooded the industry. In terms of marketing, Jay is good. In terms of music, i like it too!! Shit, even Common gotta feel it. Jay coming back with his beat mentor. That's a nice surprise. Better than Akon in the hook. At the same time, he's falling for that Drake shit, so it's not safe yet!!!

Now we just need a DEATH OF 808 SNARES and we're good to go. :-)

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    To me its like My President is Black - cool that Jay did it, needed to be done, but man, missed opportunity not making something hot in its own right...imagine if dude made this song and it was a straight banger, no gimmicks, no retro - woulda blown things way outta the water.

In reality this will be cool on teh internets and in hip-hop gossip circles but I don't see people riding that hard cause the track seems kind of half-assed.

Totally agree. At the same time, it's just a good ol' street track. I don't see it going anywhere. he just had to do it. Marketing baby...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i wholeheartedly concur

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    You guys are nuts. This track is pretty great.

It's already all over NY radio. Requests were through the roof, according to one DJ. Could soulstrut be out of touch with the streets? :shock: