what color are your dress/work shoes?

2»

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    if it's a lighter grey... thats fine anything over 50%... no

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    my uncle nearly yelled at me once wearing brown shoes with grey pants... once you know the rules, you loose a little respect for people who don't follow them.

Except this is not at all a rule.

Brown shoes with black pants = strictly prohibited

Brown shoes with grey pants = generally not a problem

I'm with you if you're talking charcoal or darker. But if dem shits is heather?

:gasface: whether its a rule or not.

What?

It's the darker greys that you need to worry about.

Heather should work fine with brown shoes.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    it was a light grey / light brown, in hind sight, it was pretty much nagl...

my boss, who is a marginally styling Indian dude, gives me shit about wearing brown shoes and a blue shirt..

anyone heard that one?

it was a light grey / light brown, in hind sight, it was pretty much nagl...

my boss, who is a marginally styling Indian dude, gives me shit about wearing brown shoes and a blue shirt..

anyone heard that one?

This is definitely not a rule.

Here's a hint when trying to determine whether or not something is a rule: rules worth obeying make a modicum of sense.

Blue and brown can look rather nice together; whereas blue and black can look quite awful.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

Oh I know. I am way overdue for some new shoes and clothes.

stay away from square toed.
    I'd disagree with that as a blanket statement. I think you've gotta pay attention to the way the vamp tapers toward the toe. If you don't have the right taper, then you get that super-square, super-blunt Italian toe, usually paired with some dainty sole. With the right taper, though--not too short and blunt, but not too long and showy--you can get some nice corners and a crisp look. You also want a meatier welt and sole with this--that English shit.

I have a real nice chocolate pair that's been on ice for a while because I can't find a watch band in just the right shade. What a waste.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    whereas blue and black can look quite awful.

Absolutely.
    One of the hardest combinations to pull off well.

Gets more difficult when it comes to navy and black.

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    today the shoes are black.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

I'd disagree with that as a blanket statement. I think you've gotta pay attention to the way the vamp tapers toward the toe. If you don't have the right taper, then you get that super-square, super-blunt Italian toe, usually paired with some dainty sole. With the right taper, though--not too short and blunt, but not too long and showy--you can get some nice corners and a crisp look.

ok, but stay away from any square toe that resembles the pic that was posted. if it looks like it came from aldo or steve harvey's closet, pass.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Here's a hint when trying to determine whether or not something is a rule: rules worth obeying make a modicum of sense.

UNNECESSARY USE OF FANCY WORD.

Moderators: Please reset post counter.

• Shoes? Shoes at work? I gave up shoes entirely unless it's raining then I'll rock the crocs. I guess I do have some canvas thrift store beaters to rock for official occasions.

UNNECESSARY USE OF FANCY WORD.

Moderators: Please reset post counter.

^^^^WEARS BLACK SQUARE TOES WITH NAVY SLACKS (I AM GETTING MAD JUST IMAGINING IT)

• BlackmarksBlackmarks 155 Posts
    #8 color shell cordovan is very versitile

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Work:

Chilling:

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Today

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    black, sometimes brown

usually: http://www.crockettandjones.co.uk/

UK pound is so weak right now

• rookrook 357 Posts
    on the reg:

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

I'd disagree with that as a blanket statement. I think you've gotta pay attention to the way the vamp tapers toward the toe. If you don't have the right taper, then you get that super-square, super-blunt Italian toe, usually paired with some dainty sole. With the right taper, though--not too short and blunt, but not too long and showy--you can get some nice corners and a crisp look.

ok, but stay away from any square toe that resembles the pic that was posted. if it looks like it came from aldo or steve harvey's closet, pass.[/b]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!